+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Also- CANNOT BELIEVE people are suggesting using the disabled toilets ahead of using the parent's room.
    Actually seriously? Are you people actually serious?!
    I didn't feel comfortable going to use the disabled toilet, Hence suffering in line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Disabled toilets are not just for disabled, they are just accessible for disabled people. Anyone can use them. And i meant if the parents room was full.

I dont understand why people would get upset about little boys going into ladies toilets. Its not like we walk around naked in there and there are doors on the stalls

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blueberry Crumble For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-02-2016),AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016),Mezmerised  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Yes. At my shopping centre the parents room have NO toilets. The disabled toilets are actually labelled children's/disabled toilets.

SO YES THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!!!!
    that is different to just disabled though if they are also labelled as childrens Having read what some people who have relatives with profound disabilities have had to say about their need for disabled toilets, ones that are specifically labelled as disabled I don't use

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    I stopped using the parents room when DS was out of nappies, he is 4 now and I just take him to the ladies with me. When number 2 arrives I will go back to using the parents room for both kids. Also when DS is a bit old to go in the ladies but too young to go in the men's alone I will take him to the parents room.
    I totally get taking both kids to the parent room when you have a younger one. None of them appeared to be under 5 though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Yes. At my shopping centre the parents room have NO toilets. The disabled toilets are actually labelled children's/disabled toilets.

SO YES THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!!!!
    I said using the disabled toilets AHEAD of the parent's room. If you had both options. Like the number one priority should be not inconveniencing parents rather than people with disabilities. So there's no need to jump on the defense because I'm not talking about your situation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    that is different to just disabled though if they are also labelled as childrens Having read what some people who have relatives with profound disabilities have had to say about their need for disabled toilets, ones that are specifically labelled as disabled I don't use
    But even if they weren't disabled toilets aren't only for the use by disabled people. It means they are accessible by disabled people.

I get it it sucks but it's not illegal or even immoral. It's just that if you are mobility impaired you can use this toilet because it's lower / larger etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If there is a toilet vacant and I know my kids need to go, disabled toilets or not, I will take them as long as no one is waiting to go into it. I'd rather use the disabled toilets and spare my kids dignity and they not p!ss their pants. I would only use the disabled room if I knew I couldn't hold it, or my kid's not hold. Other than that, it is always the ladies room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I said using the disabled toilets AHEAD of the parent's room. If you had both options. Like the number one priority should be not inconveniencing parents rather than people with disabilities. So there's no need to jump on the defense because I'm not talking about your situation.
    But even if we did anyone can use the disabled toilets. It's about accessibility.

And my use of capitals was only in response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My boy poor got yelled at by some grumpy woman about six months ago and now will not step foot in a women's toilet.
    He's not even 8 yet and I'm not comfortable with sending him into the mens alone.
    Poor kid. Why would a women get upset about that? women's toilets are cubicles anyway not open like the men's urinal. Some people need to chill.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    So can my mum take me in (I'm 30) because she is my parent? Parents rooms are for babies and toddlers who need their bums changed and not children who can use a normal sized toilet!!!!
    If that's the case, then why is there a toilet in there?