Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    This!!!!

Disabled toilets aren't just for the disabled! Those in wheelchairs should have priority but it's not made just for them. I would use one if there wasn't a parents room or if the parents room was busy as I can fit my trolley and DD almost 4 (who incidentally HATES sitting on 'adult toilets' as she's still scared of falling in) and DS 16 months. Trying to do that in a regular ladies toilet would be a nightmare.

Fair enough be appalled at using disabled toilets if an able bodied person sprinted past a person in a wheel chair to get there first and use it as they didn't want to wait for a regular toilet. But I'm pretty sure those in a wheel chair wouldn't expect that they would never have to wait for a toilet, if I were in a wheelchair I'd hardly think a parent with kids (or anyone for that matter) was rude or out of line to use it and making me wait.
    @Mamasupial I would have been as annoyed as you were, not necessarily as they were using the parents room but because they didn't do the courteous thing and check if you were okay and wanted to skip past
    I actually think if you had to deal with a colostomy (spelling?) bag you would be annoyed if you had to wait for a disabled toilet. People who use them are often genuinely facing an emergency with it and waiting isn't an option.

I'm not saying I don't use a disabled toilet, the U.K. rarely has parents rooms and when they do its just a change pad and a chair. Most often change tables are in the disabled toilet so if I need to go to the bathroom for myself or DS then I don't have a choice. But, if I was dealing with a colostomy bag and a wheelchair I imagine I would still be annoyed about waiting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh man.... Would be getting out the wipes, glen 20, listerine (can kids even have that?), sanitiser . Straight in a dettol bath when arrive back home!

I've seen too many disgusting things on toilet seats during my nearly 40 year career in nr 1's and 2's. Just yesterday my ds1 wanted to go into a public toilet. The outdoor type where there is one toilet in a massive toilet room (bit like disabled toilets). Walked in and there was diarreah style crap all over the toilet seat. Someone had crapped ON the seat as opposed to IN it. What if the cleaner just uses paper and a cloth to clean it and no sanitiser? (poor bugger what a terrible job). Needless to say we didn't use that one.
    When I was a teenager I was at the 'mall.' I went to the bathroom (standard cubicle) and while I was in there a janitor walked in and walked down to the end to the handicapped stall. All of the sudden I hear her on her walkie talkie saying in a loud, disgusted, panicky voice, 'oh my god this is disgusting. We've got a code brown!' I would have peed my pants laughing if I hadn't had just peed. As I washed my hands I could see in the mirror the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Somebody must have exploded right as they pulled their pants down and began to bend and lower themselves over the toilet. There was poo everywhere!

God. 20 years later and that still make me giggle. 'Code brown code brown!' 💩😱😂

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (15-02-2016),VicPark  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be fair, Mamasupial, you are 13 weeks, and I have been following your diary, and you don't look obviously pregnant. If you did look very obviously pregnant, I hope the outcome that day would have been different.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    To be fair, Mamasupial, you are 13 weeks, and I have been following your diary, and you don't look obviously pregnant. If you did look very obviously pregnant, I hope the outcome that day would have been different.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm 38 weeks and was at the shopping centre last week. desperate for toilet and female toilets were being cleaned. nobody else around but I thought I'd give it a couple of minutes in case they were almost done. a girl (not pregnant, or not obviously pregnant) pops up behind me. decides even though she's second in queue and not pregnant, she'll jump ahead and use the parents room. on the way out she apologized and goes omg you're pregnant, I should've let you go first or something like that. I considered using the disabled while she was doing her business but continued to just wait.

once queue jumper was done, I went to use the parents room toilet. there was nobody else around, and I'd waited long enough and I was desperate for a wee.

I don't consider what I did to be wrong or rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I figure if I need to use the toilet it's every man for himself. If I need to go, I NEED to go, so I won't let anyone cut in, unless it's diarrhoea or vomiting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (15-02-2016)