+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well I've been with my mum when she has been the disabled incontinent person waiting for a disabled toilet because a family couldn't be bothered waiting in line. Lucky she wears "nappies" because she would've been the one having an accident on the floor.
    I have IBS, so sometimes I too need to rush and often I've almost had (and had) accidents.

Anyway, my point being that just because you have a disability, doesn't preclude you from waiting for things just like able bodied people.

As a PP said most accessible toilets also have change tables in them, even in vicinities that have parents rooms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Parent Room Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Did you hear that thud? I think vicpark just fainted.

Groooossss!
    Oh man.... Would be getting out the wipes, glen 20, listerine (can kids even have that?), sanitiser . Straight in a dettol bath when arrive back home!

I've seen too many disgusting things on toilet seats during my nearly 40 year career in nr 1's and 2's. Just yesterday my ds1 wanted to go into a public toilet. The outdoor type where there is one toilet in a massive toilet room (bit like disabled toilets). Walked in and there was diarreah style crap all over the toilet seat. Someone had crapped ON the seat as opposed to IN it. What if the cleaner just uses paper and a cloth to clean it and no sanitiser? (poor bugger what a terrible job). Needless to say we didn't use that one.
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-02-2016 at 08:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    MjAlso has a little hand basin made for her height and an adult toilet right beside it so we can go at the same time. I don't go out of my way to use the parent toilet because it's crash hot or I just want the luxury (it's often busy and stinky and has a little gated in play ground and ABC kids running on a flat screen TV hanging on the wall and is a nightmare to get DD to leave, she thinks it's all pretty awesome...) I use it because DD cannot wipe herself yet or properly balance by herself on an adult sized toilet and so uses her hands to hold on to the outside of the cistern and, well... Have you ever seen the outside of a public toilet bowl? Not something I want her touching. But, I have zero issue taking her in with me to the adult toilets; I'll always check the children's first but if there's a line I don't wait around, I'll happily help her use the big toilet but absolutely prefer the little one for obvious reasons5&"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh man.... Would be getting out the wipes, glen 20, listerine (can kids even have that?), sanitiser . Straight in a dettol bath when arrive back home!

I've seen too many disgusting things on toilet seats during my nearly 40 year career in nr 1's and 2's. Just yesterday my ds1 wanted to go into a public toilet. The outdoor type where there is one toilet in a massive toilet room (bit like disabled toilets). Walked in and there was diarreah style crap all over the toilet seat. Someone had crapped ON the seat as opposed to IN it. What if the cleaner just uses paper and a cloth to clean it and no sanitiser? (poor bugger what a terrible job). Needless to say we didn't use that one.
    Oh, don't even :0 The toilet 'looked' clean, but thoughts of what had been on the surface immediately rushed through my mind. Sooooo feral. I just had to force myself to stop thinking about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I have IBS, so sometimes I too need to rush and often I've almost had (and had) accidents.

Anyway, my point being that just because you have a disability, doesn't preclude you from waiting for things just like able bodied people.

As a PP said most accessible toilets also have change tables in them, even in vicinities that have parents rooms.
    In America, at Disneyland, universal studios etc. we got to go to the front of the ride lines because my mum was disabled and in a wheelchair

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parent Room Rage

Our Westfield has parents rooms but only one toilet cubicle in each. There is an adult and kid size toilet and sink in each, with room for the pram. Some of the ladies toilets also have a pram friendly cubicle - big enough for a pram but only the adult toilet. And a separate child cubicle with only a child size toilet.

I doubly there's anything like that in the men's but it would be great if there was. Must ask a male about it.
    Last edited by Pixie Dust; 14-02-2016 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Someone had crapped ON the seat as opposed to IN it.
    I have seen gross stuff like this too. I used to wonder how on earth it gets on there but I think I have worked it out. They must have been crouching instead of sitting.
    The person should have at least wiped it down after they finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 2.5 yo is now day trained, in order to use the loo he holds on
    Im dreading public toilet use, we have no parents rooms here, just big adult toilets :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    At what age do you stop taking your kids into the parent room toilet and take them to the regular toilets?

I'm pregnant, was busting and feel sick, with my toddler in the pram. I had to wait for 3 parents with children aged around 5-10 and there were 3 parents with kids around the same age waiting after me. I was annoyed and seriously considered the disabled toilet.

Am I just being a cranky pregnant woman or is this pretty common?
    There was another thread recently about at what age people would let their kids go to a public toilet on their own. The responses in there would probably explain why many parents with 'older' children still use the parents room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    There was another thread recently about at what age people would let their kids go to a public toilet on their own. The responses in there would probably explain why many parents with 'older' children still use the parents room.
    You can still use a regular toilet with older kids. With my 10 and almost 7 year old girl I go in with them. My son is 4 so I haven't crossed the bridge yet of him being too old for girls toilets. Probably will stand immediately outside the door shouting at him while he quietly does a #2 and tries to pretend I'm not there.