+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you need to have more than 10 posts, so 6 more. I don't think I can pm you until then either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a friend with 3 kids less than 7 who have each had about 3 broken bones if not more. 😳

My kids have never broken a bone but I did dislocate my DDs arm at 3 trying to wag her like a tail...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

MummaTT  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TableDancer View Post
    I think you need to have more than 10 posts, so 6 more. I don't think I can pm you until then either
    Hi TableDancer,

This is what I tried to pm you

Hi TableDancer,

Thanks so much for your reply, I feel a sense of relief knowing that there's others out there who've been through the same thing and know how I feel 💔.

My biggest worries were what to do about the itching, and I was so scared about her having different length legs!

Also, what did you do to entertain her all this time?

Were you working at the time? If so how did you deal with that?

Was she toilet trained prior to the accident ? If so, did you have to teach her all over again?

How did you explain to her why she was stuck in this spica cast?

How long did it take her to walk again? And did she have a limp?

Sorry for the 100 questions, thanks so much xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will answer you in the quote below @MummaTT
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaTT View Post
    Hi TableDancer,

This is what I tried to pm you

Hi TableDancer,

Thanks so much for your reply, I feel a sense of relief knowing that there's others out there who've been through the same thing and know how I feel ������.

My biggest worries were what to do about the itching, and I was so scared about her having different length legs!

Also, what did you do to entertain her all this time?
    As far as I remember she was pretty happy to chill in her bean bag for the first few weeks while she recovered. We gave her textas and let her draw on her cast which she enjoyed. She was also able to lay down on the floor and play there. We also put a little table in front of her whilst she was in the bean bag for her to play with toys/blocks/craft on. I took her for a walk everyday in the pram with DS in a baby carrier, getting out of the house was important for everyone I think!

Were you working at the time? If so how did you deal with that?
    I wasn't working so that was made a lot easier. DD did go to occasional care at the time and they said that they would have her in the cast but I never took them up on the offer so I can't comment sorry.

Was she toilet trained prior to the accident ? If so, did you have to teach her all over again?
    She wasn't toilet trained at all before the accident. I think it is possible for them to use the toilet in the cast though, did you have an OT visit you in the hospital?

How did you explain to her why she was stuck in this spica cast?
    This I can't really remember exactly but she seemed to just accept it and roll with it. I think after the trauma and the pain the plaster actually made her feel safe.

How long did it take her to walk again? And did she have a limp?
    Despite the doctors saying to try and minimise her from walking for two weeks, DD was stubborn and was walking by the next day after the plaster removal. She never had a limp but for a few days walked with stiff straight legs, we followed her everywhere ready to catch her terrified of what could happen if she fell but she never did.
    Sorry for the 100 questions, thanks so much xxxxNo problem at all, I'm happy to answer as many questions as I can as best as I can remember Also have a look around the net if you get a chance, I came across a group for hip spica support with some great ideas from members.
    Last edited by TableDancer; 16-02-2016 at 08:49.