+ Reply to Thread

Default Preparing 2yo for new baby

Hi mums

I'm after your advice/tips for helping preparing my almost 2 year old for the arrival of his little sister in a couple of months.

Many thanks

Sunshine Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girls are 26 months apart, and I remember my DD1 was horrified when her father brought her to the hospital. She wouldn't come near me when I was holding DD2. DD1 was 2years and 2 months old. I included her more once the baby was born, that's all you can do really. At that age, it's hard to explain a whole deal to them.
    Perhaps show him pictures of babies and explain that you have one in your belly and show him the cot and say thats where the baby will sleep. Keep it basic.

They are now 9 and 11 and are the best of mates (even though they will deny it lol) and we are eagerly awaiting baby no. 3. This time, it's a lot easier. Though, DD1 is disappointed it's a baby and not another dog

Similar Threads

1. Preparing for Bub - in a small space
    By TandR in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 18:59
  2. Solids - preparing, cleaning up etc
    By heartstringz in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24-02-2015, 23:44
  3. Preparing for baby, waging clothes/items
    By Amgine in forum Second Trimester Chat
    Replies: 10