+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Resting heart rate in early pregnancy

Hi all,

After a over year of TTC and heartbreaking miscarriage last year, I am now nearly six weeks pregnant. I am trying not to read too much into things, but it's fair to say that I am anxious.

i wear a Fitbit which tracks my heart rate. I noticed the trend over the months of the resting heart rate lowering in the lead up to ovulation (down to around 68) and then rising in the lead up to my period (up to around 80). This cycle, it kept going up... Which along with my tender breasts, were promoting my suspicions before even getting a BFP. My mindset justified the rising and falling resting heartrate as my heart pumping more blood around due to hormones, having to work harder to create a baby and nourishing the baby.

Since getting my bfp, my resting heart rate consistently went up until a week ago, then it went down, stayed the same and then went down again:

75, 77, 79, 81, 82, 84, 84, 82, 81, 81, 81, 81, 79

i was getting blood tests every 2-3 days but my dr was happy with my HCG levels trending up (3320 at 5w 1d) so said I didn't need any more blood tests and to get my first scan at 7w.

i know I am only 5w 5d, but I don't 'feel' pregnant. My boobs are a bit tender, and I get a bit gassy in the afternoon/evening... That's it. No sickness. Not really tired.

Am I reading too much into the resting heart rate decreasing?

I would love to hear from you if you have any knowledge in this area, and might be able to put my mind at ease.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Resting heart rate in early pregnancy

understand the anxiety but it's such early days, I don't think symptom spotting will help put your mind at ease any.

I know a lot of women have early symptoms of pregnancy, but there are also many who don't (such as myself). my only clue was late period. any symptom spotting is done in previous months (implantation bleeding, tiredness, sore boobs etc) was useless. and when you want something to be, it's easy to read into otherwise harmless symptoms or start to imagine things that aren't there, or that are not connected or relevant.

fwiw I never "felt" pregnant really either, not til the ms/nausea kicked in anyway. I'm 38 weeks today and sometimes I don't "feel" pregnant still! everyone is different and just because you don't feel obviously pregnant, it doesn't mean something is wrong.

if your gp is happy with your bloods and hcg levels I'd be focusing on that and trying not to worry about the rest. much much easier said than done I know. try and just enjoy this time or else you'll go crazy looking for symptoms and signs.

oh and a massive congrats to you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please don't stress. I had symptoms with DS from 4 weeks but nothing (no tender b00bs/nausea/niggles etc) with belly DD until almost 8 weeks (and then it was HG).

Your heart rate changes with everything including sickness - so again do not read into anything.

You may get symptoms - you may not. You are pregnant. Enjoy not being plagued by grossness for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's very normal for your heart rate to rise during pregnancy. The exact same thing happens with me every time.
    As for no feelings of being pregnant, please enjoy it! I never had morning sickness, cravings, tender breasts, no symptoms with my 4 girls but got ms, pain and exhaustion with 2 of my m/c. Everyone handles pregnancy different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! The only advice I can give is try and relax and enjoy the rollercoaster! Please try and not over analyse everything, even though as I read, it was a while to concieve. Anxiety is normal in early days of course, but don't worry about your heartbeat...Just enjoy it!!