+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Show us your PUPPIES!

So...
    as the title state's, this is a thread for getting the puppies out (pun intended)

I'll kick it off with our's...

Spike - He is a Shar pei x Ridgeback x Staffy, loves people, loves play time, loves any one with food and commands
    20160212_205857.jpg

Hana - She is a pure bred Shiba Inu (they're not exactly what 'I' would classify as a dog) shiba's are virtually a domesticated fox, theyre timid, shy and disobedient, they sleep all day and avoid human contact like the plague...
    20160212_222022.jpg

these are our dogs sleeping in sync
    20151018_115425.jpgZ

this is how they stared out the font window when they wanted to go for a W-A-L-K
    20150928_121402.jpg

and this is how spike used to sleep on the couch (when he still had the privilege before LO came along - theyre both banned from the couches/beds, main bedroom where LO will be now)
    20151106_131951.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 fur - babies...Both Border Collie X Kelpie. My old girl is nearly 16 and the young crazy one who steals food is 18mths. Love em both but boy do they drop hair in the house and drive me mental most of the time haha.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a border collie x kelpie food thief too kaybaby (though she is more kelpie-like than your two) - they sure do drop a lot of hair.

I love your big boy in particular turtl3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455289907.027461.jpgbrown one is Roxy 12 she's a mum mini foxy
    One at the back is mojo a chihuahua 5 he's the dad
    And the fat one is patch (my fave) he's their baby he's 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wouldnt call him big, he is only 27-29kg. my cousin has an 18wk old kelpie x collie...my god, that pup is too smart. my cousin takes it to work. It greets the customers and then sits in its corner until told otherwise, it wont take food/treats from anyone other than my cousin, and it does EXACTLY as its told.

hopefully your new pup will be just as well behaved *fingers crossed*.

Spike was a rescue dog when we got him. He was only 18 months old, and this is when he was desexed [too late] and had all of his vaccs updated.

...Unfortunately, I underestimated him, and he tore shreds off of my forearm when I tried to reclaim a fresh marrow bone that I had just given him (trying to get him used used to being submissive to people and sharing with other dogs).

BUT...fortunately(with me being me), my instant response was to put him back in his place with a good clip behind the ear, with the (massive) marrow bone I had in my hand. I hope people dont judge me and think its cruel. I'm glad it was me and not someones child...

Ever since, he has been an extremely well behaved dog. Myself and Kat (my wife) have spent HOURS upon hours, training him. He will now 'shake' with both separate paws on command, he sits, drops, rolls over, sits up on his hind legs, stays, comes, drops and even speaks on command. Amd he is so SO gentle when given food now

He had exposure to children before we brought our LO - Evelyn home. He just loved them!..he was more than happy for them to grab his tail, tug at his floppy/drooly lips, and pinch his soft/silky ears.
    I did the suggested thing and brought home some of our LO's outfits while mum and bub were still in hospital...he literally inhaled it. Ever since, he has follewd her everywhere, especially when she cries (this is when he struts in and sniffs out what is going on). He has a very 'focused' eye on whoever new is holding her lol.

all in all, awesome pooch.

How is/ has everyone elses dogs reacted to newborns?
    Last edited by turtl3; 13-02-2016 at 03:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my border collie Gypsy, She's 19 months old and is 8 year old sons best friend and I wouldn't change her for the world.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455308292.858435.jpg
    Gypsy as a lil pup

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455308553.726498.jpg
    Gypsy at 19 months

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455308633.601878.jpg
    Best Friends