+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not quite a weaning post, but...

...after almost 20 months I just packed the breast pump away until whenever we need it for future baby#2.
    I feel a little guilty and sad as I'm sure DS would have kept drinking and enjoying a bottle at daycare for as long I kept sending them. And I've always had a rather tenuous supply so hope this doesn't affect feeding at nights/ mornings/weekends...
    But after having to pump 4-8 times a day for the first few months, then every day at work when I went back at 7 months, I am very glad to see it gone. And to not have to wash all the bottles and parts every night!
    And I don't have to stop what I'm doing in the middle of the day to go pump!
    I can use my lunch break to actually go and have lunch!
    And I can wear normal bras and t-shirts to work again!

Hopefully this is preparing me a little for when we stop breastfeeding altogether, when I will be even more conflicted. (I love breastfeeding! But I hate it so much! But it makes parenting so easy! Argh!)

Sorry for the totally self-indulgent post, but I figured there'd be people here who would understand

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (12-02-2016),smallpotatoes  (12-02-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never pumped, but I definitely get the love hate thing! I've got an over supply though, and while I've been working full time for 2 weeks, my body still hasn't really adjusted and I'm engorged by the end of the day.

Enjoy your freedoms! I'm loving being able to wear whatever I like!

Eta: It is a relief to get home and have DS take some of the pressure off though! It's all he wants when I walk in the door.
    Last edited by Tiny Dancer; 12-02-2016 at 21:13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

deku  (12-02-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't pump too much (for the 1st 12 months or so I did).

But I recently stopped BF. He was just over 2.5. Its weird as I was ready (pregnant and painful/extremely sick) but I still get sad that we don't have that special time. I never thought I'd feel that way I guess.

But it gets better. DS will cope You will both get through it when it is time to wean BFits just weird at first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

deku  (12-02-2016)