+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm moving DD from her cot on wheels this week which is also worrying me as we rock her in it but she's too big now. I'll try dummy and picking up too 😄
    We just put big rubber wheels on her cot when we moved her from bassinet. They were able to just screw into the cot legs. We don't have carpet in our bedrooms so it's easy to push the cot even though it's heavy. Sleep school did suggest patting in the cot but my DD doesn't like it at all.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 7 months sleeping...

Hey the naps for yesterday don't look too bad at all. 4 hours per day is great (I wouldn't do much more though). One thing to think about is that in the near future if bub doesn't settle right away for the morning nap, or starts cat napping it may be time to make the first nap a bit later (eg 9:30).

An 11pm feed plus 2-3 extra wakings does seem like a lot of wakings for 7 months - not unusual though for bubs who are having difficulty getting used to solids or whose parents delay solids. Apologies I am not sure of bubs history regarding eating - is there a specific condition bub is getting help for or is it worth having a shot at increasing bubs solids ?

One other thing is if bub is aided to sleep (milk, patting, etc) and or transferred to bed after falling asleep that increases the chance of night wakings. If possible try to put bub to bed awake (drowsy if needed, but awake). Have 20 minutes playing between the night milk bottle or bed.

At this age though I would tackle solids first then settling. Changing settling techniques will do diddly squat if bub is hungry. At 7 months is a bub has no medical issues, is fully established on solids (3x per day, including protein and carbs), and not aided to sleep then you have a good shot at getting a sleep through.
    - after 6 weeks fully established on solids look into dropping that 11pm feed as quick as possible. If bub keeps waking at that point it's probably out of habit.
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-02-2016 at 15:41.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-02-2016)