+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 7 months sleeping...

Does this seem normal for a 7 month old.. I only ask because DH and I fought DS sleep and this time with DD I wanted to try and go with it but we're pretty sleep deprived..,

So what do you think?

- last bottle 7pm bed
    - 11 pm wakes for bottle
    - then wakes between 2-3 times a night and we give her a bottle - she sometimes has it all and sometimes not
    - wakes 7-7.30ish

She's having a few solids but no routine and naps have been pretty much cat naps but yesterday was amazing

- 9am nap until 11.30am
    - 2pm nap until 3.30
    - bed 7

So we're pretty much all over the place...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default 7 months sleeping...

That sounds spot on. Same routine that DS had (based on the day naps you described) He slowly dropped night feeds until I went cold turkey and night weaned but before that he (12/13ish months) consolidated naps to have just 1.

I wouldn't worry what other babies are doing, if you're sleep deprived and starting not to cope, maybe think about night weaning? Not necessarily for all feeds but the first 1 or 2 wakes and maybe adding a bit more food in the day?
    Last edited by A-Squared; 12-02-2016 at 21:49.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyla  (12-02-2016),binnielici  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    That sounds spot on. Same routine that DS had (based on the day naps you described) He slowly dropped night feeds until I went cold turkey and night weaned but before that he (12/13ish months) consolidated naps to have just 1.

I wouldn't worry what other babies are doing, if you're sleep deprived and starting not to cope, maybe think about night weaning? Not necessarily for all feeds but the first 1 or 2 wakes and maybe adding a bit more food in the day?
    Thanks! This is really reassuring! Think I will do exactly as you've suggested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup my 7 month old is similar. Bed at 6:30, wakes about 4 times overnight, up at 5-6.

I'm shattered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh! We were up from 11-3 with DD and had 3 pooey nappies!!! She slept from 3-7 and I've woken up crook as!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Does this seem normal for a 7 month old.. I only ask because DH and I fought DS sleep and this time with DD I wanted to try and go with it but we're pretty sleep deprived..,

So what do you think?

- last bottle 7pm bed
    - 11 pm wakes for bottle
    - then wakes between 2-3 times a night and we give her a bottle - she sometimes has it all and sometimes not
    - wakes 7-7.30ish

She's having a few solids but no routine and naps have been pretty much cat naps but yesterday was amazing

- 9am nap until 11.30am
    - 2pm nap until 3.30
    - bed 7

So we're pretty much all over the place...
    I've just spent the week at sleep school with my 7 month old DD. Her day routine is about the same (slightly longer awake times than you so that's something to think about) and they think it's workable:
    Wake 7am
    Nap 9:30-11
    Nap 2:30-4
    Bed 7:30

After a few days DD can do the longer awake times easily and did seem to help reduce night waking while there but last night at home she was all over the shop during the night 😔

Also DD has been waking 10:30pm-12 for the last 2 months and the last few weeks I haven't been feeding her and she is fine to wait til about 2-3am for a feed. I'm trying as much as possible just to do 1 feed or 2 maximum.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babyla  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I've just spent the week at sleep school with my 7 month old DD. Her day routine is about the same (slightly longer awake times than you so that's something to think about) and they think it's workable:
    Wake 7am
    Nap 9:30-11
    Nap 2:30-4
    Bed 7:30

After a few days DD can do the longer awake times easily and did seem to help reduce night waking while there but last night at home she was all over the shop during the night 😔

Also DD has been waking 10:30pm-12 for the last 2 months and the last few weeks I haven't been feeding her and she is fine to wait til about 2-3am for a feed. I'm trying as much as possible just to do 1 feed or 2 maximum.
    That's the routine I'm going to aim for! Instead of feeding her what do you do? What's your solids routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because she was easily doing a first stretch of 6-8 hours for about 3 months (until our current problem with night waking started about 7 weeks ago) I know she doesn't 'need' to feed before midnight so I try to resettle her if she wakes by giving her a dummy (only started taking one a few weeks ago) and gently rocking the cot (on wheels) if needed for a few minutes. I will pick her up for a cuddle if upset then tuck in again when calm. I haven't fed before midnight for a couple of weeks now.
    We are having a lot of trouble with solids - she's not interested most of the time, doesn't like being spoon fed and doesn't get much intake at all with finger food so that's a slow work in progress.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babyla  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Because she was easily doing a first stretch of 6-8 hours for about 3 months (until our current problem with night waking started about 7 weeks ago) I know she doesn't 'need' to feed before midnight so I try to resettle her if she wakes by giving her a dummy (only started taking one a few weeks ago) and gently rocking the cot (on wheels) if needed for a few minutes. I will pick her up for a cuddle if upset then tuck in again when calm. I haven't fed before midnight for a couple of weeks now.
    We are having a lot of trouble with solids - she's not interested most of the time, doesn't like being spoon fed and doesn't get much intake at all with finger food so that's a slow work in progress.
    I'm moving DD from her cot on wheels this week which is also worrying me as we rock her in it but she's too big now. I'll try dummy and picking up too 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds pretty good. All kids are different. My two were pretty good sleepers but at your bub's age, still woke a couple of times.