+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default 7 months sleeping...

    Does this seem normal for a 7 month old.. I only ask because DH and I fought DS sleep and this time with DD I wanted to try and go with it but we're pretty sleep deprived..,

    So what do you think?

    - last bottle 7pm bed
    - 11 pm wakes for bottle
    - then wakes between 2-3 times a night and we give her a bottle - she sometimes has it all and sometimes not
    - wakes 7-7.30ish

    She's having a few solids but no routine and naps have been pretty much cat naps but yesterday was amazing

    - 9am nap until 11.30am
    - 2pm nap until 3.30
    - bed 7

    So we're pretty much all over the place...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,823
    Thanks
    5,037
    Thanked
    4,425
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

    Default 7 months sleeping...

    That sounds spot on. Same routine that DS had (based on the day naps you described) He slowly dropped night feeds until I went cold turkey and night weaned but before that he (12/13ish months) consolidated naps to have just 1.

    I wouldn't worry what other babies are doing, if you're sleep deprived and starting not to cope, maybe think about night weaning? Not necessarily for all feeds but the first 1 or 2 wakes and maybe adding a bit more food in the day?
    Last edited by A-Squared; 12-02-2016 at 21:49.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (12-02-2016),binnielici  (13-02-2016)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    That sounds spot on. Same routine that DS had (based on the day naps you described) He slowly dropped night feeds until I went cold turkey and night weaned but before that he (12/13ish months) consolidated naps to have just 1.

    I wouldn't worry what other babies are doing, if you're sleep deprived and starting not to cope, maybe think about night weaning? Not necessarily for all feeds but the first 1 or 2 wakes and maybe adding a bit more food in the day?
    Thanks! This is really reassuring! Think I will do exactly as you've suggested.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,040
    Thanks
    2,294
    Thanked
    1,387
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup my 7 month old is similar. Bed at 6:30, wakes about 4 times overnight, up at 5-6.

    I'm shattered

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Argh! We were up from 11-3 with DD and had 3 pooey nappies!!! She slept from 3-7 and I've woken up crook as!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    2,352
    Thanked
    1,871
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Does this seem normal for a 7 month old.. I only ask because DH and I fought DS sleep and this time with DD I wanted to try and go with it but we're pretty sleep deprived..,

    So what do you think?

    - last bottle 7pm bed
    - 11 pm wakes for bottle
    - then wakes between 2-3 times a night and we give her a bottle - she sometimes has it all and sometimes not
    - wakes 7-7.30ish

    She's having a few solids but no routine and naps have been pretty much cat naps but yesterday was amazing

    - 9am nap until 11.30am
    - 2pm nap until 3.30
    - bed 7

    So we're pretty much all over the place...
    I've just spent the week at sleep school with my 7 month old DD. Her day routine is about the same (slightly longer awake times than you so that's something to think about) and they think it's workable:
    Wake 7am
    Nap 9:30-11
    Nap 2:30-4
    Bed 7:30

    After a few days DD can do the longer awake times easily and did seem to help reduce night waking while there but last night at home she was all over the shop during the night 😔

    Also DD has been waking 10:30pm-12 for the last 2 months and the last few weeks I haven't been feeding her and she is fine to wait til about 2-3am for a feed. I'm trying as much as possible just to do 1 feed or 2 maximum.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (13-02-2016)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I've just spent the week at sleep school with my 7 month old DD. Her day routine is about the same (slightly longer awake times than you so that's something to think about) and they think it's workable:
    Wake 7am
    Nap 9:30-11
    Nap 2:30-4
    Bed 7:30

    After a few days DD can do the longer awake times easily and did seem to help reduce night waking while there but last night at home she was all over the shop during the night 😔

    Also DD has been waking 10:30pm-12 for the last 2 months and the last few weeks I haven't been feeding her and she is fine to wait til about 2-3am for a feed. I'm trying as much as possible just to do 1 feed or 2 maximum.
    That's the routine I'm going to aim for! Instead of feeding her what do you do? What's your solids routine?

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    2,352
    Thanked
    1,871
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Because she was easily doing a first stretch of 6-8 hours for about 3 months (until our current problem with night waking started about 7 weeks ago) I know she doesn't 'need' to feed before midnight so I try to resettle her if she wakes by giving her a dummy (only started taking one a few weeks ago) and gently rocking the cot (on wheels) if needed for a few minutes. I will pick her up for a cuddle if upset then tuck in again when calm. I haven't fed before midnight for a couple of weeks now.
    We are having a lot of trouble with solids - she's not interested most of the time, doesn't like being spoon fed and doesn't get much intake at all with finger food so that's a slow work in progress.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (13-02-2016)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Because she was easily doing a first stretch of 6-8 hours for about 3 months (until our current problem with night waking started about 7 weeks ago) I know she doesn't 'need' to feed before midnight so I try to resettle her if she wakes by giving her a dummy (only started taking one a few weeks ago) and gently rocking the cot (on wheels) if needed for a few minutes. I will pick her up for a cuddle if upset then tuck in again when calm. I haven't fed before midnight for a couple of weeks now.
    We are having a lot of trouble with solids - she's not interested most of the time, doesn't like being spoon fed and doesn't get much intake at all with finger food so that's a slow work in progress.
    I'm moving DD from her cot on wheels this week which is also worrying me as we rock her in it but she's too big now. I'll try dummy and picking up too 😄

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,383
    Thanked
    2,071
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds pretty good. All kids are different. My two were pretty good sleepers but at your bub's age, still woke a couple of times.


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC 14 months...OPK HELP!
    By Chloemaree in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 08:36
  2. 3 almost 4 months sleeping.
    By repsbiscayne in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-11-2015, 14:07
  3. TTC 13 months looking to go through IVF
    By darcypaw in forum IVF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 15:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Medela Australia
Our goal is to give mothers and babies the best possible support for a great and long lasting breastfeeding experience. Medela have a full range of breastpumps and breastcare products, suited to every need and lifestyle.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!