+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I occasionally cry at work but it is usually in response to something that one of our clients share with us. We often talk to people who are recently bereaved or soon to be bereaved. It is the elderly men that have just lost their wives and say things like "she was my flower" that get to me the most.

And then there was the other time that a colleague said that I wasn't really a fully fledged mum because I only have one child but her daughter in law is a proper mum. I cried. But mostly in the toilet while punching the wall.
    Just wanted to point out that I don't cry when speaking with the client, I save that for after we are off the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Crying at work...

I cried just yesterday because one of my year 6 students was upset... My heart ached for him... I didn't let him see me though.

I've also cried after a parent blasted at me in front of other students and parents... I held it together until she left. Turns out she was having an awful time at home ... She obviously was at breaking point and I copped the brunt of it because I'd told her son it's our school rule not to brings toys from home to school. She got very personal and started making accusations and told me the kids in my class all hated me... All of which was untrue, but I think just the shock of her speaking to me in anger shook me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just remembered I've cried with my boss when I left, during black Saturday when we were inundated with burnt animals and when I was just exhausted and needed a mental health day. My old-enough-to-be-my-father boss didn't really no what to do so kept smoking until I composed myself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (14-02-2016),MsViking  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a manager at Maccas for 7 years and I lost count of the amount of times I cried. My supervisors were a holes, other managers were bullies and customers treated me like dirt. Very stressful environment.

Now I'm a SAHM and I cry a lot there too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My work refers to the small round tables in people's offices as "breakdown tables". Enough said really. 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    Another vet here, and I do tear up at euthanasias. I think if I got to the point of not caring I'd be worried! I can think of a few cases that have caused me to sob at work - one little poodle whose heart was failing but still the sweetest girl ever- I actually cried more than her owner. We are human, not robots! In an emotional environment sometimes you need to let it go.
    Big hugs. I think the work you guys do is amazing. I wouldn't be able to do it, and it's clear from your post how much you care about the animals you treat. X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really a crier, there have been a handful of times that I've had a cry in private at work, but I'd never done it in public, until one day my lovely boss took me out for coffee and casually mentioned that she thought I had been working too hard and was I okay?

Well, I lost it and full on ugly cried in the cafe. I don't know who was more shocked, my boss or I! I couldn't stop, I cried for about 15 mins and was all puffy for the rest of the day.

4 days later I found out I was pregnant - hello hormones. When I told her weeks later that I was pregnant I mentioned this and she cracked up - she said she knew it had to be something like that as it was so unlike me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've cried at work before. Mostly in the toilets without people noticing. Sometimes in front of others without meaning to; Once years ago because I was being bullied and a few times due to serious personal problems. As long as it's not crying every other day or over petty nonsense, i think it's fine. Especially for those working full time. Being at work 8-9 hours a day 5 days a week it's bound to happen.