+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Two different day cares for DS? WWYD?

So following from my issues with DS current childcare I looked at another one that seemed much better. They only have 2 of the three days I need though. I don't want to wait for a full 3 days as that will never happen all at once but my only option would be have him at the current one , 1 day a week and then the new one 2 days a week until the Thursday becomes available. ( Anyone not familiar with the issues of the current childcare. .. I've been posting on here about my concerns since he started just 2 weeks ago but there are many. ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading some of your problems, I would definitely jump at having your DS at the other childcare 2 days a week! At the very least, it would limit the exposure he has to his current place, and if your preferred place gets an opening you may be first in line!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GothicBeeza For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep do it. Once you're in, you should have preference for a place on your third day.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (12-02-2016),RmumR  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normally I'd say no, but in this case I would jump at it. It gets you in the door at the other place and then if a third day comes up you can take it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, I would do it too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do it. I used a combination of a child care centre and family day care for quite a while and it was fine. Then when the fdc got another day available I took it and ditched the centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm generally not a fan of having a lot of differences in childcare for kids (eg 2 x different centres or grandma one day, centre the next, dad one day, mum the next). I think it's disruptive for kids and can affect their ability to settle in and feel safe and secure. Especially of a young child (eg up to 3) is only in one particular centre for one day a week. Depending on the age the level of disruption can differ.

I don't mean to burst your bubble or upset you, that's just the way I feel. Perhaps I am influenced by the fact my eldest doesn't like change and lives routine.

I'm not fully aware of the childcare issues you are facing though. However if it's bad enough to split your kid accross two childcares, is it so bad you are still comfortable leaving him in for one day per week? Could you move to the new centre and take the third day off until a thurs day at the new centre came up?

Good luck which ever route you take!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would move him as another day will come up eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Two different day cares for DS? WWYD?

I would do it. It will give you preference for the third day at the new center and I also think make the transition of changing centers easier.

I was a nanny for many children that often went to childcare 2-3 days a week and then with me the rest. They loved it, they had that extra stimulation and socialization that childcare gave them and then one on one time and adventures (zoo, beach, etc) with me. That was their routine and they did fine and thrived with it.