+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would love if my dh whispered in my ear "Dont get up I will get the kids breakfast, you have a sleep in" oh that would be heaven.
    Instead I am taking the kids out for the day so dh can get some stuff done and we will have a quick and easy stirfry for dinner.
    Its a good thing we dont celebrate Valentines Day or I might be disappointed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default your ideal Valentine's Day

I hate Valentine's Day with a passion but given the thread let's pretend I fall for the day I'd love for DH to not play golf.

But he will play golf but later than usual so good thing is I get a sleep in, bad news is he's away for longer so more time just me and the kids = stressful for me
    Last edited by A-Squared; 13-02-2016 at 06:58.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We never celebrate valentines day as we don't believe in it..

However it just so happens that we are going away for a night tonight (only weekend I don't have any babies due). We are off to see Dave Hughes and staying in a nice hotel in the city. Can't wait!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh organising the kids to go to Inlaws.
    Then Dh organising snacks and sausages so we can go sit down the river (which is literally 500m from our house, it's like a private little beach on our farm)
    Dh organising fishing gear etc.
    Then we go down to the river and sit down there all day, cook sausages on the fire and have a nap on the river bank.... it would be blissful.

Instead we are packing... :/ I will be doing washing and packing inside while Dh will be in the garage cleaning it out and packing everything ready to move in 2 wks.. it's the only day off Dh has between now and the move :/
    Dh might put a stew in the slow cooker... if not it'll be beef patty burgers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kezty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just an ordinary day here. Will be catching up with family though but not for valentines day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just a question... Is Valentine's seen as a day for a woman to be spoilt?? I always thought it was a day where both people get to show their love, not just the bloke?? Just reading this thread makes me think I've got it all wrong...

This is my 6th VD as a single parent... I'm planning on watching MKR and having a glass of wine 😄😄👍🏼

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think perhaps (and I'm generalizing massively here) that women tend to generally be more up for daily romance and spoiling their partners as women are generally more nurturing and in tune with all that soppy stuff. so yes, to a degree, I do feel like v day is "marketed towards" men as a day to spoil their ladies.

I agree it's a mutual thing and you're supposed to jointly celebrate your love and spoil each other. but I think it's become a bit of a prod in the back for guys to step up and make a big thing of spoiling their wife/gf/partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ideal day is nice easy family morning, someone babysitting the kids so we can do lunch and a movie. Reality? Dh is working so nothing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm working tomorrow so not really my ideal v day. But my feelings have changed on it anyway, its such a forced marketed thing and I think you should focus on showing your appreciation all the time, random gifts at any time of the year 'just because'.
    And thats not just because I haven't recieved stuff from dp, he often has given me choccies and flowers etc. On v day, but I got tired of the expectation and worry of dissapointment if he happened to not get me anything, cause I'd much prefer he show me he was thinking of me on his own accord at any time not just cause the calendar told him to

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default your ideal Valentine's Day

This will be our 3rd V day together. All we do is exchange a card each (I've got one for him, not even sure he will remember, but I'm not phased if he doesn't). He generally does at least say happy Valentine's Day and gives me a big kiss and cuddle. My exH never even acknowledged it so I'm easily pleased, I'm happy with even the small effort DP goes to (and I do in return).

Edit: didn't even answer the question. Lol. My IDEAL Valentine's Day would be to go for a lovely country drive with just DP, for him to NOT play cricket, and go have a quiet picnic together and laze about in the sunshine having a cuddle on the picnic rug.
    Last edited by Hollywood; 13-02-2016 at 08:39.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post: