+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does your childcare have a 'no wipe' policy?

DS2 - who will be 3 in about 2m comes home every day with skid marks ( bad ones ) on his pants. He is toilet trained but I guess I just assumed that they would still help 2 year olds with wiping, he practically falls in the toilet as it let alone trying to work that out just yet. Anyway, I've read that apparently some childcares have a no wipe policy? How common is this? I'm sure my other two were older then this before independently dealing with that. What does your childcare do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We don't have this. I have never heard of it. I've worked in a few centres and have never heard of it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never heard of this. At that age we still helped wipe when needed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't talked to then yet but I just assumed given his pants everyday. I will talk to them next week. Poor DS..I hate thinking of him sitting in dirty jocks all day 😳😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe he is just taking himself off to the toilet and they aren't being diligent with checking his wipe skills. It happened to my son when we changed centres. He would just go off to the loo and he was asked if he needed help and replied that he could do it all. I just had to mention to them that he did in fact need help with wiping and they made sure that he was clean

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    CleverClogs,
    I am usually a pretty easy going parent but it's the combination of issues you are raising- using (glitter!) nail polish without checking, fairy bread for arfternoon tea, and now having a dirty bottom all the time.... this would seriously cause me to be concerned about the quality of care here.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (12-02-2016),CleverClogs  (12-02-2016),Gentoo  (12-02-2016),gingermillie  (12-02-2016),LaDiDah  (12-02-2016),maternidade  (12-02-2016),misho  (12-02-2016),MissMuppet  (12-02-2016),MrsA2B  (12-02-2016),Ngaiz  (12-02-2016),Purple Poppy  (12-02-2016),rosey82  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    CleverClogs,
    I am usually a pretty easy going parent but it's the combination of issues you are raising- using (glitter!) nail polish without checking, fairy bread for arfternoon tea, and now having a dirty bottom all the time.... this would seriously cause me to be concerned about the quality of care here.
    Yes, I've been thinking this basically since he stared but was not sure if my standards were too high after family day care. I've already made enquiries at another childcare but I'll definitely go check it out now I think. There's plenty I'm not impressed with. .I'm only posting the big things 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear...I've never heard of this, in fact quite the opposite - I was shocked with my DS when he hopped off the toilet one day and bent over to touch his toes so I could wipe lol. They'd taught him that to make it easier to cleanup properly!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PJbaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, the daycare my girls used to go to had a no wipe rule if the child was toilet trained. If they had an accident they weren't allowed to clean it either so they would bag the poop and undies in a little bag. I flipped my lid so they knew to never ever send me home a poop in a bag again. (My girls would very rarily have an accident either which the CC knew).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your childcare have a 'no wipe' policy?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Yep, the daycare my girls used to go to had a no wipe rule if the child was toilet trained. If they had an accident they weren't allowed to clean it either so they would bag the poop and undies in a little bag. I flipped my lid so they knew to never ever send me home a poop in a bag again. (My girls would very rarily have an accident either which the CC knew).
    For real?!? Poop in a bag to send home? Barf!