+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I'm sure it's not a legal offense, hence why I buzzed the people who run the parking garage to handle it as they are privately run and would have their own rules. What's the point of having the spots if anybody can park there?
    well I think the parents spots are more as a courtesy to parents with prams. as Sonja pointed out, they're not like disabled spots where you're supposed to have an acrod sticker to park there, but I think it's pretty discourteous to those that need the spot to park in them. like young, able bodied guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Hidden/invisible disabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Ok sorry when you said parking inspector I thought you meant a council inspector. I've found a lot of people think parents spots are the same as disabled.

Did they do anything? I've found they couldn't care less when I've said something in the past.
    I'm not sure, I had already paid for my ticket so needed to leave before it became invalid again. When you press the button you kind of get a general guy for the company and then he calls the guy who is managing/patrolling the garage on his mobile (I know this because somebody hit our car before). Not sure if he actually contacted him or not, he sounded pretty blasé😂. But I would have been happy with just a note from them saying 'hey d1ckhead, don't park here.' 😂
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 12-02-2016 at 17:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    well I think the parents spots are more as a courtesy to parents with prams. as Sonja pointed out, they're not like disabled spots where you're supposed to have an acrod sticker to park there, but I think it's pretty discourteous to those that need the spot to park in them. like young, able bodied guys.
    Can I just specify that I understand the spots are not the same thing as a disabled spot. I was just commenting because it had just happened and annoyed me. They were just being arrogant assholes and it's annoying.

Eta: interestingly, in the two centers I frequent, the parent spots are actually closer to the entrance than the disabled spots. I actually saw them start to park somewhere else and then they saw that spot and moved to it, there was plenty of parking. He had a souped up car so I guarantee it was a case of him not wanting his car dinged.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 12-02-2016 at 17:38.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (12-02-2016),VicPark  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My mum has had a disabled parking sticker for over 25 years and it's only in the last 5 years where she has deteriorated to the point of not being able to walk unaided.

I think it's extremely rude, selfish and lazy for an able bodied person to use a disabled parking even if there was 100 of them.
    I agree it is lazy. But seriously if there were 100 spots and its pretty obvious that they woukdnt be in use I really don't see a problem here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I agree it is lazy. But seriously if there were 100 spots and its pretty obvious that they woukdnt be in use I really don't see a problem here.
    That's not true. We went to the zoo in the states, when we arrived there were tons of disabled spaces, probably 50+, when we left less than two hours later they were all full.

In your case you said there were only 3 spots...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. You have no idea when the spots are needed, it's just pure luck in your case if they're not.
    It's not a busy shopping centre at all. There were 3 spots free and when we left still 3 spots free.
    like I said we were only ducking in for 5min max.
    I know it's not the right thing to say but it's really no harm done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not true. We went to the zoo in the states, when we arrived there were tons of disabled spaces, probably 50+, when we left less than two hours later they were all full.

In your case you said there were only 3 spots...
    Obviously if we were at some place like the zoo and staying for 2 hours we would not park there. It's a different situation all together. 5min at a local shop which has heaps of free parking spaces and at a quiet time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's not a busy shopping centre at all. There were 3 spots free and when we left still 3 spots free.
    like I said we were only ducking in for 5min max.
    I know it's not the right thing to say but it's really no harm done.
    But it's just luck those spots weren't needed while you were there. It's lazy and poor form so why even do it?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-02-2016),Californication  (12-02-2016),gingermillie  (12-02-2016),LoveLivesHere  (12-02-2016),MrsA2B  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Obviously if we were at some place like the zoo and staying for 2 hours we would not park there. It's a different situation all together. 5min at a local shop which has heaps of free parking spaces and at a quiet time.
    It wasn't 'heaps' though, it was 3... What's the difference between dozens at the zoo or 3 at the shopping center.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 3 spots for disabled and lots of parking for non disabled.
    Like I said if there was one taken and only 2 left dh would not have parked. But there were 3, we were quick and the chances of 3 more disabled people needing a spot in that 5min is highly unlikely.