+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've put name down in several kindergartens now...hopefully we get in somewhere. Even for 2 terms. I'll be happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I'm from Adelaide

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nafsika I read some of your posts about kindy, apologies if I missed anything, but I used to work in education and kindys aren't zoned unfortunately. They're not funded the same as primary schools so even if you do live in the local area you aren't guaranteed a place. And since the introduction of single year intake lots of people are missing out on places. It's a ****ty system!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fmb View Post
    @Nafsika I read some of your posts about kindy, apologies if I missed anything, but I used to work in education and kindys aren't zoned unfortunately. They're not funded the same as primary schools so even if you do live in the local area you aren't guaranteed a place. And since the introduction of single year intake lots of people are missing out on places. It's a ****ty system!
    Hello & welcome.

I know, they are saying they need to give priority to the people who live local. Which is fair. But I've applied for sooo many surely one must take me. Right.... Who knows....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got my fingers crossed for you! I think it's really sad that there are kids who can't get in to kindy. I had my DD on the waiting list like a year in advance but that was cos I had insider knowledge!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fmb For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fmb View Post
    I've got my fingers crossed for you! I think it's really sad that there are kids who can't get in to kindy. I had my DD on the waiting list like a year in advance but that was cos I had insider knowledge!
    If we don't get public we will go private. Either way he will get in somewhere. Just trying to save some $$$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh for sure - even Childcare kindy ends up costing $$! It's interesting - I paid $600 for the year at my daughters public kindy which is nothing really but still triple the school fees now she's in reception!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Private is $650 a term

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Nafsika, my DD goes this year and I didn't get her name down until October / November last year and got into 2 kindy's.

Draw a 5-6km ring around your address on a map and out his name down at all of them. See how you go.

My DD goes to Unley and she also got a place at Lady George in Highgate.

There's no way these kindy's would all be full now for 2017, it's too early. My kindy isn't even looking at 2017 intake yet. Are you sure they know you need it for 2017?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Nafsika, my DD goes this year and I didn't get her name down until October / November last year and got into 2 kindy's.

Draw a 5-6km ring around your address on a map and out his name down at all of them. See how you go.

My DD goes to Unley and she also got a place at Lady George in Highgate.

There's no way these kindy's would all be full now for 2017, it's too early. My kindy isn't even looking at 2017 intake yet. Are you sure they know you need it for 2017?
    Yes, they know it's for 2017. I applied close to Marion and around, netley, Glenelg. Etc.

Maybe I'll try therbarton? Unley? Are you happy with Unley?