+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    How is everyone?
    I'm struggling. DH is away for 2 months interstate (no visits home) and he's only bee gone 12 days .
    DD hasn't been able to go to childcare for 2 weeks due to a hand foot and mouth disease outbreak so I'm behind majorly at work and in my studies. I can't think about it too much as I get too stressed.
    Thankfully though after a horror 2 months DD and I are both finally healthy!! Yay.
    And I'm loving this spring-like weather! How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Adelaide Hubbers #2

Hi gorgeous Adelaidies!

I hope the time without your DH goes quickly for you both @gingermillie! Our whole family had HFM! Poor DD had it for the second time this year. She had it the worst. This was her better hand

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1470655890.222942.jpg

Yes, loving this weather! Took DS to the playground instead of playgroup this morning. We both really enjoyed it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gingermillie... I've been wondering how your going as I remembered you saying DP was going away for work for a while. Glad your both on the men after the past couple of months

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Hi gorgeous Adelaidies!

I hope the time without your DH goes quickly for you both @gingermillie! Our whole family had HFM! Poor DD had it for the second time this year. She had it the worst. This was her better hand

Attachment 83356

Yes, loving this weather! Took DS to the playground instead of playgroup this morning. We both really enjoyed it.
    Oh no that doesn't look pleasant and I've heard it can be really awful in the little ones DD has so far avoided it. She got quite sick for an extended time with immune issues recently so especially with DH away I really can't afford her to catch it so I've kept her away from childcare. She is meant to go tomorrow. They haven't had a case since last Wednesday but I am so stressed about sending her this week. Last Tuesday I had to take my mum with me to work to watch DD in my office while I taught a 2hr class. If I keep her out of childcare tomorrow then I'd need to do the same (if my mum is free I haven't checked) so it's not simple effing hating work right now. Wish I had a normal job that I could take time off from.
    Great to see you back @A-Squared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    @gingermillie... I've been wondering how your going as I remembered you saying DP was going away for work for a while. Glad your both on the men after the past couple of months
    Thanks @babybeeno1 it's hard work juggling everything with DD out of childcare. How's the new bub going?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thanks @babybeeno1 it's hard work juggling everything with DD out of childcare. How's the new bub going?!
    Your welcome, he was doing really well then my milk supply starting playing up so have been put on motillium and topping DS up with formula when he wants it. Really hoping he starts with a proper routine as he is 4wks old now but technically only 10 days. Sleep is crap for him and settling sometimes takes a couple of hours. I'd be lucky for him to nap an hr at the most during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your welcome, he was doing really well then my milk supply starting playing up so have been put on motillium and topping DS up with formula when he wants it. Really hoping he starts with a proper routine as he is 4wks old now but technically only 10 days. Sleep is crap for him and settling sometimes takes a couple of hours. I'd be lucky for him to nap an hr at the most during the day.
    That's tough. This won't help but my DD didn't get into any routine or decent day naps until about 5-6 months (exclusively breastfed). You've seen a lactation consultant? I can recommend Wendy Norris as a private LC if you want to talk to anyone further.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's tough. This won't help but my DD didn't get into any routine or decent day naps until about 5-6 months (exclusively breastfed). You've seen a lactation consultant? I can recommend Wendy Norris as a private LC if you want to talk to anyone further.
    My first DS had a routine at 6wks that was 9 yrs ago. I'm going back to see my cafhs nurse next week about a few things. Hoping that him being early by 3 wks is half the problem and the other half is the wind that is caused by the formula (trying a diff one as of today) and hoping the tablets start working more Which I think they are. DS has a tiny mouth so for him when he comes close to my nipples it's like omg how on earth is that suppose to fit in my mouth. My midwive in hospital said I've got the biggest ones she's ever seen lol. But he is putting on weight slowly. If none if this works I'll see a lactation consultant for my milk and get a referral for Torrens house for sleeping

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first DS had a routine at 6wks that was 9 yrs ago. I'm going back to see my cafhs nurse next week about a few things. Hoping that him being early by 3 wks is half the problem and the other half is the wind that is caused by the formula (trying a diff one as of today) and hoping the tablets start working more Which I think they are. DS has a tiny mouth so for him when he comes close to my nipples it's like omg how on earth is that suppose to fit in my mouth. My midwive in hospital said I've got the biggest ones she's ever seen lol. But he is putting on weight slowly. If none if this works I'll see a lactation consultant for my milk and get a referral for Torrens house for sleeping
    Have you tried nipple shields for latching help? My DD was premature with a tiny mouth and couldn't latch. I've fed for 13 months now with a nipple shield for every feed. Without them I would have stopped BF before 2 weeks. Just be careful with the formula top up the lactation consultant might say that that can cause a vicious cycle of under supply but you probably heard that already. A lactation consultant earlier might do the world of good. Try not to compare to your other DS they're all different xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried nipple shields for latching help? My DD was premature with a tiny mouth and couldn't latch. I've fed for 13 months now with a nipple shield for every feed. Without them I would have stopped BF before 2 weeks. Just be careful with the formula top up the lactation consultant might say that that can cause a vicious cycle of under supply but you probably heard that already. A lactation consultant earlier might do the world of good. Try not to compare to your other DS they're all different xx
    Totally forgot about the shields. Will give them a go now to, my mum is going to get sick of me getting her to go to the shops while I can't drive still. Also on the formula as soon as my milk is better that stuff goes back in the cupboard. First DS never had the stuff til he was 9months old as I had over supply then had to stop due to rapid weight loss. When I finish feeding I'm pumping off what I can and storing for some top ups. Of the 8 feeds yesterday (demand) 4 had top ups afterwards, 3 60ml formula and 1 70ml boob which is kept for last one of the day. Thanks so much for some of this advice there isn't Couple things I had forgotten about