+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    First birthdays are always exciting! Plans? I have a 2.5 yo and expecting #2 in Nov. 18 weeks! Eeeee hurry up Nov
    Congratulations on your upcoming bubba that's exciting I hope you're feeling well?!
    Yes I can't believe she is one next week it's been a rollercoaster of a year. Well a rollercoaster of getting pregnant, pregnancy and now this past year. But she's just amazing at the moment, turning into a real little girl.
    We are the worst parents ever - no party big do's just aren't our style. Her birthday is next Saturday so I'm hoping the weather will be nice as we'd like to take her to the zoo for the first time and just hang out as our little trio. DH helped me pick a cute bright dress and tights from Next and I'll make her her very first cake to try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just thought I'd say hi, I am from the Hills
    Hey, I love south of the city. Crap weather we are having

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Hi @WinterJade I live just south of the city and have a DD who will be 1 next week
    Snap, I'm south to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to see the thread having some movement.

Congratulations and welcome @WinterJade

I'm south, it's very cold. Weather like this I miss summer....
    I think everyday should be like 26-28deg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Hey, I love south of the city. Crap weather we are having
    Ummm yes! It is 9 degrees in my sons room. AFM I have the fire raging! Hope your keeping warm! I feel like we're in Canada or Europe. I kinda like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Congratulations on your upcoming bubba that's exciting I hope you're feeling well?!
    Yes I can't believe she is one next week it's been a rollercoaster of a year. Well a rollercoaster of getting pregnant, pregnancy and now this past year. But she's just amazing at the moment, turning into a real little girl.
    We are the worst parents ever - no party big do's just aren't our style. Her birthday is next Saturday so I'm hoping the weather will be nice as we'd like to take her to the zoo for the first time and just hang out as our little trio. DH helped me pick a cute bright dress and tights from Next and I'll make her her very first cake to try!
    Yes, feeling great. Lots of MS though until 15w.

Oh don't feel bad. I love do's but we did the same for 2. Went to the zoo. I figure they'll start begging for big parties from 3 (I've already promised DS a party). Then we'll have little choice! Sounds like you have a lovely little day planned. I love baking. what will you make?

It's so nice doing things as a 3. We have a 2 yo bucket list for DS. Tomorrow night Finding Dory at he drive in. Figure soon he's not going to ever have all this attention to himself ever again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a party for the kids this year. I think I won't have one next year. We mostly got toys....sooooo over them. I'm more into educational things. Even my girl got ridiculous things.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind winter but yes we have the combustion fire raging in the living area and a convection heater in DDs room set to 20 every night! It's plugged in to a separate thermostat called a heatermate so it's really efficient and just turns the heater on and off as needed to maintain the temp. I keep her door shut to keep the warmth in and cold out. Got our electricity bill this week and it was cheaper than normal so it's obviously working well!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, feeling great. Lots of MS though until 15w.

Oh don't feel bad. I love do's but we did the same for 2. Went to the zoo. I figure they'll start begging for big parties from 3 (I've already promised DS a party). Then we'll have little choice! Sounds like you have a lovely little day planned. I love baking. what will you make?

It's so nice doing things as a 3. We have a 2 yo bucket list for DS. Tomorrow night Finding Dory at he drive in. Figure soon he's not going to ever have all this attention to himself ever again!
    I'm glad your ms has eased it's so gross
    We had a little bodysuit when she was born which said 'little fox is out to play' on it so we've always called her our little fox so I'm hoping to make a fox cake!
    I agree there's plenty of times for parties later!
    Drive in sounds awesome

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    We had a party for the kids this year. I think I won't have one next year. We mostly got toys....sooooo over them. I'm more into educational things. Even my girl got ridiculous things.
    Yes @Nafsika we too aren't fans of lots of 'stuff' We've got her a swing as she absolutely loves going on the swing at gymbaroo plus a massive stack of books, wooden name puzzle, new leather shoes and some cute clothes. My brother in law is getting her a smart trike (lives overseas so has only met her once and likes to get a big gift) and my parents got her a push along walker and my brother got her a toy too so that's enough!!