Closed Thread
Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post

Great to see some Melb people in here! @MrsSingh...sorry you had a bad experience! We saw him for literally 10min for our test results and he seemed very rushed and kind of "care factor zero" but we got the referral to the FS so I didn't really pin much on him! We had been lucky to see Dr Williams for our first GP visit and he was really nice, took his time and very thorough! For FS appt we had Dr Linda and I really clicked with her, she had a good approachable, friendly manner but seemed to really know her stuff so both DF and I were happy. I've not seen Dr Nic so can't comment. I'm not sure that you can choose who you see (but I could be wrong), being bulk billed you just get whoever is available on the day. Linda said we may get her or Nic at EPU. Hope your experience with Primary gets better x

Thanks for the info, they said I can pick, I think I might leave it up to fate and see what happens.. I want to try and relax as much as possible next cycle and not spend too much time stressing! Are you currently stimming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear about the d&c @MrsSingh, I hope you get well soon. I can't imagine being in your shoes... Will be thinking of you... sending you lots of hugs I know how heartbreaking it is having been through a d&c myself.

As for your Primary experience, if it's any comfort, the GP I saw in Syd was equally bad (one Dr Lynda Lenehan I think), she had this really blunt, uninterested tone like she was in a bad mood all the time and boy, was I glad when I didn't have to see her anymore. I think Primary has fabulous FS, so far all 3 FS in Syd and the nurses are gorgeous people. Very very lovely. Basically, I think you get assigned an FS so for all the FS appointments , you see the same doc. But I had a diff doc for EPU and another one for ET (so I have had all 3 of them on my case), but consultation wise, it's always my doc and the nurses always check with the assigned FS about prescriptions, etc. I hope all of them are equally lovely in Mel too.

So we have 3 Mel ivf-ers now - that's great! @onedaymaybebaby has buddies now! Now come on AF, be on time!!!!

@hopefulangel1987 - that sounds like a good plan! Win win situation either way!
    Last edited by VickyP; 19-04-2016 at 22:06.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MrsSingh  (20-04-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to know you can choose @MrsSingh! Hopefully I will start stimming in the next few days 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

MrsSingh  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo for buddies 😃 every time we have been there the place is absolutely humming so hopefully more Melb people find this thread!! 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm day 27 too @onedaymaybebaby! Definitely will be stim buddies if all goes to plan 😊

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilpingu For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilpingu View Post
    I'm day 27 too @onedaymaybebaby! Definitely will be stim buddies if all goes to plan 😊
    Woohoo @Lilpingu 😀 fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSingh sorry to hear everything you are going through.
    @VickyP so interesting to read your thoughts on the GP! I saw the same lady this morning and thought exactly the same which worried me but better now to know your experiences with everyone were positive.

In general the appointment was ok today but we do have to re-do some tests. Some we did this morning onsite and some I have to wait for cycle days to complete. Unfortunately I missed out by one day on one of them so will have to wait until next cycle to complete which is frustrating. We then have to go back for a second gp appointment and then FS so all abit slower than I had hoped but getting there. Hubby is about to start a new job as well so trying to get appointments in without too much impact! Does anyone know what the earliest gp and Fs appointments they do in Sydney? I forgot to ask, otherwise I will give them a call.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lbaines101 For This Useful Post:

MrsSingh  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you see Dr Lenehan too @Lbaines101? DH used to joke that she's the bad mood doc. Thankfully, we only saw her 3 times.

That's a dampener about having to re-do the tests! I had the same experience as you - missing out on tests by a day or 2, and having to wait for one full cycle just to get those tests in. All in all, it took me 2 months and 3 GP visits before I got referred, so it sounds like you are in a faster track than I was already @Lbaines101, if it's any comfort!

I think the earliest FS appointment I have had is 8am. BTs and scans can be as early as 7.30am. Can't remember about the GP appts, think they were pretty random timings, but I do remember asking for late arvo appts too so that we didn't have to go back to the office, and I think the latest is 4pm or 4.30pm.

Hang in there! When you start your stim cycle, time will fly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yes @VickyP it was her! As soon as I came out I said to DH - what was her problem! At least it wasn't just us I guess!

Ah that is reassuring that your timing was longer or maybe similar depending on how quick we get appointments etc. 8am would be good then I can get to work. There is a Laverty just down the road from us so can do that but easy which is great !

Thanks
    Reviews
    My heart goes out to you @MrsSingh.. Its so heartbreaking that you have a lil warrior in there growing strong but unfortunately in the wrong place .. Keep us updated on when ur D&C is planned. We're here for you hun xx

It seems like Primary IVF's GPs are giving Primary a bad rep. I'm sorry your 1st GP apptment was horrible. I too had that with our GP apptment- I had the same GP as @VickyP- Dr Lenehan, who I've noticed isnt working at Primary anymore. She was not very pleasant when we had to deal with her. I'm just glad the 3 FS and nurses there are very nice.
    I hope you have a better experience at the next apptment hun.

Yay to 3 Melbournians on here!!!

Forgot to acknowledge @RainbowLorikeet!! Congratulations on ur scan hun! The 12weeks BT for Aneuploidy isnt that necessary esp if you are in the low risk population (low BMI, no diabetes etc) so good on-ya for making that decision.

Ever so close now @onedaymaybebaby .. AF better show up soon!!
    I would be kicking myself @Lbaines.. missing out by 1 bloody day!!

AFM- did my 3rd BT and scan this morning and got the call from nurse to say transfer is scheduled for Mon !!! aaaaaand NO TRIGGER!!

I can feel I'm going to ovulate today- largest follicle from scan showed 23mm and lining of 12.4mm.

FYI for anyone curious about Vitex, here are my BT result comparison from last cycle and this cycle:

Last cycle: This cycle ( First month on Vitex 1000mg)
    CD 9 CD 9
    LH-3.4IU/L - 5.9
    E2- 292 pmol/L - 215
    Prog- <1pmol/L - <1

CD12 CD12
    LH-9.8 - 5.1
    E2- 813 - 570
    Prog- 1 - 1
    Lining: 14.3mm - 8.78mm

Told to Trigger CD14
    LH- 17
    E2- 1102
    Prog- 2
    Lining : 12.4mm

BFP or not ( altough I would loooove to get it this mnth) , I feel at peace with the no trigger .

Anyone reading this and is annoyed at my documentation and experiments, please feel free to stop me. I'm more than happy to ..I thought it would be a good reference for anyone googling Vitex and want to see the difference its made in actual numbers.

Sorry for the long post (again)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

MrsSingh  (20-04-2016)