Closed Thread
Page 81 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks time to get the old push bike out and get peddaling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @tjuls, I am feeling the love too. Abdominal area is feeling a little crampy today but that's kind of similar to pre-AF symptoms too, so no biggie there.

Welcome @Gypsy123! I hope the move over to Primary will work out for the best for you! Sorry to hear about your previous experiences.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for choosing Mel? @StephyG originally wanted to go to Mel too (from Cairns I think - sorry if I got it wrong hun) but ended up coming to Sydney because there were many more admin hoops to jump through in Mel like police checks and mandatory counselling, etc. Sydney doesn't require those so it's faster to get into the queue.

Primary has a BMI limit of 34. I think they will request a patient to lose weight if BMI>34, so you are hovering around there, you probably just need a couple of kgs off to get over that hurdle.

Here's the intro info that I got on my first GP visit at Primary. Hope that helps!

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1201 (1).jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear this round didn't work out @LillyM and @tjuls. I have been crossing my fingers and keeping the faith for you. I really hope this means that next round is your time for bfps and this round gives lots of insight to enable the next round to be smooth sailing.
    @VickyP I've heard no symptoms happen with lots of people too, so fingers crossed for you

Good luck to everyone on this thread!! Thinking of you ALL.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-04-2016),VickyP  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy123 welcome! primary will not accept you with a bmi higher than 35 this was at Sydney. I was told that u need to lose weight and then they will see me. That's is the only down fall of going primary and besides a few crabby nurses but if your able to get your bmi down its worth it:-) we decided not to go to primary as we wanted to try start our family asap we have less than 1% of natural chance and to jump the weight hurdle we are saving to go to monash in townsville. I hope this helps :-)

Sorry to hear @tjuls and @LillyM :-( hugs!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StephyG For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-04-2016),tjuls  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question I think AF may arrive on the weekend and I can't for the life of me remember what the nurses said to do if that happened ? Do I go do the BT and then call them or wait to Monday and call first thing ? My last appointment was a few weeks ago so I can't remember

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14- when af arrives. You have to call the nurse first and they will instruct u when to do BT. So if Af arrives tomorrow (sat), call the out of hours nurse number and let them know. They will prob tell u to do BT on sunday.
    Hope she does come soon so u can get started

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Quick question I think AF may arrive on the weekend and I can't for the life of me remember what the nurses said to do if that happened ? Do I go do the BT and then call them or wait to Monday and call first thing ? My last appointment was a few weeks ago so I can't remember
    The "short answer" to that question @clucky14:

If on new cycle:

- If AF arrives on Sat, do the BT on Sunday. Tell pathologist it is Day 2. Ring nurses up first thing Monday morning and tell them AF arrived Sat. They will look out for the results when it gets to them and adjust the reading of the numbers so that they know it's day 2 and not day 1.
    - If AF arrives Sunday, do BT on Sunday, and again ring and tell the nurses on Mon morning.
    - Nurses told me, do not do BT on Sat as the results won't get to them until Mon afternoon and would be outdated by then so better to do on Sunday than Sat.
    - Pre-check a Laverty that is open on Sun near your place and be prepared to wait. It took me a good 2 hours when that happened to me.

If on FET cycle:
    - Then it doesn't matter. First BT is on day 9/10. Just call nurses up on Monday and tell them it's Day 2 or 3 and they will tell you when to do the BT.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for clarifying how funny because AF just arrived !!! Well only tiny tiny bit so would that mean tomorrow is day one or 2? I mean there is barely anything there . So I guess I would go do BT on Sunday ??? And call Primary on Monday morning ? Glad they didn't come late as I am going away 5 th may so should definitely have finished injections EPU and transfer by then surely .
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    The "short answer" to that question @clucky14:

If on new cycle:

- If AF arrives on Sat, do the BT on Sunday. Tell pathologist it is Day 2. Ring nurses up first thing Monday morning and tell them AF arrived Sat. They will look out for the results when it gets to them and adjust the reading of the numbers so that they know it's day 2 and not day 1.
    - If AF arrives Sunday, do BT on Sunday, and again ring and tell the nurses on Mon morning.
    - Nurses told me, do not do BT on Sat as the results won't get to them until Mon afternoon and would be outdated by then so better to do on Sunday than Sat.
    - Pre-check a Laverty that is open on Sun near your place and be prepared to wait. It took me a good 2 hours when that happened to me.

If on FET cycle:
    - Then it doesn't matter. First BT is on day 9/10. Just call nurses up on Monday and tell them it's Day 2 or 3 and they will tell you when to do the BT.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14, day 1 is first day with full flow not spotting. So see whether you get AF full on tomorrow and if so then tomorrow is day 1! Yay yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14, day 1 is first day with full flow not spotting. So see whether you get AF full on tomorrow and if so then tomorrow is day 1! Yay yay! Hooray to AF being on time!