Closed Thread
Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 sorry to hear re gastro and also worry about where to get your ultrasound, maybe you can call the primary ivf nurse out of hours number, so they can clarify? I only got the mobile number at the nurse briefing, so not sure if you've got it. It is 0403 501 351. As others have said it is medical imaging not Laverty, I was confused by this too when I started. I was also worried about internal exams but found it so much better than I was expecting. I had all my ultrasounds at the imaging centre in George Street but the FS referred me to Ultrasound Care St Leonard's, for a hycosy, to better see polyps and check tubes clear. Their opening hours aren't on their website but contacts and locations are here ultrasoundcare.com.au/locations hope it helps, as I think most people on this forum know more than me! But I'd ask private ivf nurses as they should know!

I had a run around on my first BT before stimming as I hadn't thought that the Laverty nearest me would be completely closed the first week back in January so ended running about a mile up the road to another one and just getting the BT done at 8.30am which was lucky as had to be done by 9am... I'd definitely ring in advance if its a limited time window.

@Billie2 so pleased you've got your EPU time!!! Thinking of you!! I liked being early morning. Enjoy weekend before then. and how the epu is a good positive experience.

@MissTilly glad you're being positive!!! I love it! You have a great outlook! And I will be mirroring this and wisdom from everyone else when I hopefully get to that stage. Thinking of you and your happy bean!

Agree with @LillyM @VickyP @tjuls @Kookii have said so beautifully about it being a private journey, and that people don't understand till they've been through this. I have now told two friends only and that's going to be it, I think!

@StephG hope you get appointments booked, I had tricky logistics with husband doing fly in fly out work, but managed to book a few appointments on one day a month and a half ahead and then clarify a few weeks before.

Thanks to everyone for well wishes on polyp surgery! Went ahead fine today, no pain, up early to get 6am train but then a lot of lying on trolleys with warm blanket unlike epu where you walk into theater and hop on the bed! General anesthetic kicked in immediately, woke up definitely slurred! Hung around till 4pm as friend unable to pick me up before then (DH overseas for work), but went out for nice dinner with her, and now insomnia so hanging out with you guys! Won't know results and next step until I get gynae report, but I've already been calling his PA to make sure I get the results by 25 Feb in time for FS appointment when hopefully I'll get some clarity on FET timing, March or later.

Best wishes to everyone and. those i haven't name checked ... Time for more sleep I think now!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (13-02-2016),tjuls  (13-02-2016),VickyP  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.s @clucky14 I had to pay for hycosy at the ultrasound care place I mentioned as it was a more expensive test. So not sure if they do bulk billed on the standard ultrasounds. The two doctors i met at the ultrasound place in St Leonard's know primary ivf as they used to work with one of the FS and also work with Aisha from the imaging place in George street.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great to hear the surgery went well @RainbowLorikeet!! Yay to being polyp free!!!!!
    Looks like we will be waiting together to see the FS on the same week

I think RainbowLorikeet hit the nail on the head @clucky14 about calling the primary nurses to clarify which ultrasound centre u must be going to. That's definitely easier than having one done and then having an issue with the centre about reports etc.
    Keep us posted and let us know if u still need clarification.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a great rest @RainbowLorikeet! Yay, to another milestone achieved, now to get plenty of rest and get well soon!

@clucky14, yes, call the nurses and see. I personally don't think the choice of imaging centre is an issue. The systems are all linked - if you do your scans anywhere else, all they need is a consent from you to access the database and read the results. With a referral, it just means that they skip the consent and get the results as soon as they come in, so it's more convenient for them.

In any case, I quickly googled - try this place at Bankstown? They are located inside Primary healthcare there, so I am assuming they are all part of one big family. You can call them and ask too (if you can't get the nurses)? Just tell them you had this referral form from Primary Sydney IVF and can they do the scan for you? They are bulk bill. I would also tell this imaging centre to send the results to Primary - they should be able to do that, just give doctor's name and clinic.

In the worst case scenario, if I were you, I would go get the scan done and bulk bill it without using the referral form, then try to sort it out with Primary later as to how to get the results to them. That way, at least you won't miss the timing and wait another cycle. Worth a try.

Just my $0.02.

BANKSTOWN MEDICAL IMAGING CENTRE

67 Rickard Road
    Bankstown NSW 2200

Ph: 02 9793 8488

Opening Hours:

Monday - Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
    Saturday: 10:00 am-2:00 pm
    Sunday: Closed
    Public holidays: Closed

Radiology Services:
    • CT Scan
    • OPG
    • Ultrasound
    • X-ray
    Description:

Located Inside Primary Health Care Medical & Dental Centre

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Trigger Day @Billie2!!! 8pm tonight right?! A sneaky Valentines Day champagne tomorrow already chilling in the fridge? Perfect day to celebrate!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (13-02-2016),VickyP  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 ~ how did you get on with your scan today?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo needle free day today @Billie2!!
    How r u doing with the belly?
    Where did u end up doing ur scan @clucky14?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone for your help !!! Really appreciated it! I called one in Hurstville which was on the bulk billed website they said they don't do it there so ended up contacting the number anyway it turns out as I can do test day 5-8 the first day of my period as was only spotting isn't really day 1 so day 8 is tomorrow and I can go into the city and do it yay! I am so happy even though I have to take the little one at least I feel like I haven't wasted time now.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (14-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (14-02-2016),tjuls  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Valentines Everyone!
    @Billie2 - how are you feeling? Enjoy the needle free day!
    @clucky14 - yay to it being all sorted, glad you could relax over the weekend now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little mates, thanks @tjuls @VickyP MissTilly .. Im fine. Just bloated. I am happy I am uncomfortable. Are you supposed to rest pre-EPU? As I concreted & built a new garden today. Lots of blood pumping! I made a lasagne in prep for tomorrow night and did all the ironing for the week, and shaved my legs 😁. Keeping busy helps me not worry about my results tomorrow. Bed soon & we have to drop our son to his best mates house at 6.30am. City traffic is just unpredictable.

Hope you had a nice day. We are banned from any action obviously, but we never do anything for V day usually. I was happy to be outside in the dirt.

Thanks again xx Your support means the world when we are keeping this under wraps to everyone. xx