Closed Thread
Page 62 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf? #2

@LillyM thanks so much for the advice will make appt ASAP and mention the waiting period to receptionist to avoid the fees. Certainty don't want to wait any longer than I have to (it's already been 3.5 years..). I'm actually happy for the little break between meds and transfer so I can focus on getting healthy for the transfer. Felt so crappy for ages after retrieval my hormone levels were so high and felt so fat and bloated and really heavy. Feeling better now and periods started this morning so my bloating feels as though it's pretty much gone.
    Best of sticky baby luck to you for your transfer!
    @SL1009 - how are you feeling? Hope you've planned some nice things for yourself this weekend. Thinking of you and sending u hugs.
    @tjuls how are you going? Success with the vacials? 😊 haven't tried it as yet! Best of luck for the transfer on Monday!!
    @RainbowLorikeet hope you have a great holiday 😘

Happy Easter everyone hope u all relax and be kind to yourselves. Xx
    Last edited by ABG79; 25-03-2016 at 06:37.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (25-03-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (25-03-2016),tjuls  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tip on not needing to lie down after the crinone @LillyM and good luck for transfer!!!

Happy Easter and long weekend everyone!! I googled eating chocolate in pregnancy (the things you do during the tww!) and apparently there are some studies to show it can have some good effects, babies turn out more happy etc, so enjoy everyone!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (25-03-2016),tjuls  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Transfer done! Nice and quick... Now I can relax and keep my mind busy with everything but that!

I forgot 2 ask 2 questions though, but I'm sure you girls will be able to answer:

1/ What is the intercourse "policy" after a transfer? Is it business as usual or are we being punished, and if so, for how long?

2/If we have a frozzie and it's not working for us this time, will I have to wait a full cycle before the FET or can I do it right away on next cycle?
    I read different things about this, but each case was different so I'm a bit confused?

Hope everyone is having an awesome day! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being pupo @LillyM!!!

I can answer your second question, the consent form is for two FETs and if the first one doesn't work out, it's possible to go straight into another unmedicated FET without any delays, without seeing the FS in between, just having the first BT on about cd10. I checked that with the nurses.

I'm not sure about your first question, it says abstain on the treatment diary sheet I got, but not sure if this refers to post-transfer. If you haven't already googled it, there's as bub hub thread on this that comes up if you Google it that shows a range of opinions. Personally I haven't felt like it because of the crinone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations @LillyM on being PUPO!!!
    Ito answer ur questions.. I don't know about the policy after transfer tbh. But I don't see why u should abstain.. So go on and have fun just remember to take it easy though because of EPU.
    I didn't know the FET consent forms allowed us back to back transfers @RainbowLorikeet. Yay!! I thought if this cycle fails we would have to live through another 'down' cycle before we could do another FET. Must remember to ask nurse tomorrow. @onedaymaybebaby- you're getting closer to starting!! Hope the nxt apptment falls in line with ur cycle so u can start asap. @ABG79. I can only speak from my experience with this FET cycle. I had BT done on cd9 and cd12 ( with scan) and got told to trigger (Pregnyl) on cd12. Luteal support is Oripro - prog pessaries 1/day.
    I'm not sure why they told me to trigger as my hormones (E2 and LH) were high enough to ovulate on my own. I will be asking Dr G at next apptment (whatever the outcome is).
    Waiting for morning of transfer to do another vacial hahaha

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATS @LillyM, yay to being PUPO! WOOHOO! So exciting, I am so happy and excited for you hun! Dose up on chocolates and everything that makes you happy (except alcohol of course) and here's wishing you loads of sticky bub dust!

Take care @ABG79, I hope you feel better real soon. And yes, I agree with @LillyM, don't wait to make the appointment to see FS, I had to wait a whole cycle because of the timing. Get into the queue quick, their slots go very fast and you don't want to have to wait through a cycle just because they were booked out. Have a restful long weekend!

I am on a natural FET, so no meds so far. Just had my first BT on CD10 today (crap wait at Laverty though), so waiting to hear back. Haven't been told anything about triggers, or any other meds....
    @RainbowLorikeet, when is TWW up and the BT? Cheering you on!

@tjuls, I am equally excited for you! can't wait to hear updates! Maybe they wanted to time the ET perfectly hence the trigger? I haven't been told anything about the trigger yet, so we will wait and see. +-10 more days to go for me... Think my ET might be CD20-22 because i tend to ovulate a little later in the cycle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @VickyP, hope all good with the scan and the BT result. Today is 9dp5dt for me, and I could do a pregnancy bt on day 12, which is Monday but I'm overseas and bt costs about $200 here, so might just wait till I'm back in Sydney and get a bt free, which would be 20dp5dt.. Might poas before then, but not sure when yet... Just hoping AF doesn't show up..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RainbowLorikeet, let us know if you poas! I would hardly be able to wait till day 20...

I'm pretty surprised about the back to back transfer too... that would be awesome! @tjuls, pls keep us posted if you remember asking the nurse!

I indeed googled the intercourse thing during the 2WW, and it used to be a no-no. Also the lying down theory etc, but that was before.

New studies show that it's actually good to keep moving (nothing extreme obviously) in order to help with blood flow to the lining which is what supports implantation and intercourse is apparently good for blood flow too.
    Also, and I found it very interesting, semen would actually help with implantation! Isn't it awesome? ahaha
    It's a bit long to explain here but google it if interested

So far Crinone is treating me well, no leaking no nothing so... Business as usual :P
    Also it's only the 2nd day so let's see what happens!

Have a great day everyone!! X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (27-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my @RainbowLorikeet- that's one expensive BT! Hope u're enjoying ur holiday atm and af doesn't show up so u can do a confirmatory BT. @LillyM.. Got word back from nurse and its true. We are allowed back to back FET if the first cycle fails. So u can start another FET cycle when af shows up if u choose. Yay!!! Hope we don't need to go into another FET but sooo glad we don't have to wait a mnth to get right back into it.
    Afm- nurse confirmed time - 2:45pm on Monday for transfer and start pessaries tomorrow night.
    I don't want the long wkend to end but then I can't wait for Mon

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (27-03-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (27-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The day has finally come @tjuls! You must be jumping around!

Let us know how u went X