Closed Thread
Page 5 of 119 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14, is the ultrasound at the primary clinic? Sorry honey to be the bearer of bad news but I had just an external one 12 months before after being referred to a different clinic through an obstetrician and I took those results to my initial appt at primary and they questioned why an internal one wasn't done by the other clinic because that's how they get the best view of how many follicles you have and check out your ovaries nice & closely. So my initial tests I had to redo with primary included an internal scan. So I would say... Unfortunately... You'll be making friends with 'the wand'. It's really not that bad, ever used a vibrator that doesn't vibrate or give any sexual pleasure? That's what the wand is. Ladies, please correct me if your initial scan was just an external. ☺️

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo @Billie2! (Happy dance!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @Billie2!! Trigger tomorrow night and a needle free day on Sunday!! I bet u'de hanging out for EPU just for the relief @clucky14- I'm not sure if what ur doc means by ultrasound scan is a HyCosy? I had that for my initial fertility work up by my gynae to check for blocked tubes, lining, uterus (for polyps or fibroids etc). So I'm wondering if u need to get one done if u havent had one done already recently. It could very well also be just an internal. Good luck with ur scan tomorrow. Hope nothing stands out so u can move on to CD 21 BT!!
    I hate the wait for af too @StephyG during my cycle before FS apptments... It sucks balls BUT once that's all done and over.. Time flies through during stimming. Hang in there hun.
    Good girl @MissTilly!! Don't worry Be Happy
    How was ur surgery today @RainbowLorikeet? Hope u're recovering right now in bed catching up on some TV. Wishing u a speedy recovery so u can join us for ur FET.
    I agree @VickyP!! I'm loving this group of women right now! Sooo much support and love!!
    Xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the form says is medical imaging form it's a white form all the other forms me and DH got were Laverty ones. It has my details on it and the doctors and says US pelvis and then Day 5-8. Anatomy and Afc now im confused whether I take that to Laverty or meant to get it done in the city gosh they really didn't explain things well at my first appointment . Guess I better call early tomorrow and ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTilly View Post
    @clucky14, is the ultrasound at the primary clinic? Sorry honey to be the bearer of bad news but I had just an external one 12 months before after being referred to a different clinic through an obstetrician and I took those results to my initial appt at primary and they questioned why an internal one wasn't done by the other clinic because that's how they get the best view of how many follicles you have and check out your ovaries nice & closely. So my initial tests I had to redo with primary included an internal scan. So I would say... Unfortunately... You'll be making friends with 'the wand'. It's really not that bad, ever used a vibrator that doesn't vibrate or give any sexual pleasure? That's what the wand is. Ladies, please correct me if your initial scan was just an external. ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 All Primary staff in Sydney are female. Thats the GP's, FS's, sonographers and nurses. I was so happy for this as my Ob/gyn is a female. I am more comfortable with females. Leave your dignity at the door of IVF, all scans are internal. Its no drama, you will be fine. Its for a baby, so keep that in your head. Believe me, labour takes away any dignity you have left. 😁

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf? #2

Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    All the form says is medical imaging form it's a white form all the other forms me and DH got were Laverty ones. It has my details on it and the doctors and says US pelvis and then Day 5-8. Anatomy and Afc now im confused whether I take that to Laverty or meant to get it done in the city gosh they really didn't explain things well at my first appointment . Guess I better call early tomorrow and ask
    @clucky14 the white form is your scan referral for the city at Primary. Please don't stress, its not a big procedure. Quick & painless. Its baseline so they can work out what drugs to put you on. AFC is follicle count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I know this as have a child still not fond of internals I never had one once with Genea that is all so don't get why needed here ?!bjave had bad experience with a pap before so yep any internals freak me out . But anyway will do what I have to I just confused as to weather I am meant to be going into Primary for the scan or not as the doctor told me that I would have to look up which Laverty places do the ultrasound and do it there but it dosnt make sense the form is not a Laverty like all the others. Guess I will have to call primary tomorrow morning and if so its a trip to the city .
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @clucky14 All Primary staff in Sydney are female. Thats the GP's, FS's, sonographers and nurses. I was so happy for this as my Ob/gyn is a female. I am more comfortable with females. Leave your dignity at the door of IVF, all scans are internal. Its no drama, you will be fine. Its for a baby, so keep that in your head. Believe me, labour takes away any dignity you have left. 😁

12. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here Genea never got me to do one yay fun times ahead hahahah thanks for the response
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTilly View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh can't believe they didn't tell me that wow looks like I will be double checking everything ! New doc must have been mistaken! Thanks for letting me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @clucky14 the white form is your scan referral for the city at Primary. Please don't stress, its not a big procedure. Quick & painless. Its baseline so they can work out what drugs to put you on. AFC is follicle count.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf? #2

Sorry @clucky14 didn't mean to offend. I don't know who has kids or done IVF before. Was just trying to help/explain purpose. Not sure of the tone of your response I guess..?
    Last edited by Billie2; 12-02-2016 at 21:25.