Closed Thread
Page 49 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo @SL1009.!! Positive vibes all the way to ur BFP!!
    Great news about the 2nd embie too.
    I've only started exploring holistic approaches to increase my fertility and implantation rate.
    Af is just about to finish and counsellor has advised on a vagina steam!!! ..
    Yes wtf right?!!! Gosh.. I think I've tried everything in the book to get pregnant again ..LoL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABG79 View Post
    Hi ladies - it's been a few days for me on here so lots to catch up on! Before I go back and catch up on previous threads I have a few q's..

I had my egg collection today and 16 eggs were retrieved. Which I was so excited about until the nurse told me I'm at risk of OHSS. Does this mean if I do get it, all successful fertilised eggs will be frozen and transfer will take place in a few months once ovaries have calmed down and hormone levels normal? Is there anything I can do to prevent OHSS?
    Thanks xx
    Hi @ABG79,

I came down with ohss. not fun - it felt awful for a good 10 days, so I hope you don't get it.

Did the FS who did the EPU for you tell you anything about ET? Dr JMD did my EPU and right afterwards she told me that they have to cancel my ET so that was a bumper for me. So I knew immediately that ET wasn't going to happen so all the eggs that made it to Day 5 were going to be frozen. I am now waiting to do my FET.

Your first question - it your ET gets cancelled, what they will do is to freeze all the embies that make it to Day 5 and then let you know how many made it. Then you have to wait at least 31 days to see the FS again (because of the bulk bill rule, otherwise you have to pay can't be bulk billed), and go through another consultation and then she will ask you to sign the FET consent forms for the ET to take place. So in-between it all, I had to wait through 2 AF cycles.

About ohss - i was super bloated for 10 days and it was seriously not fun when combined with constipation, etc (i.e. all the ohss symptoms). So in a way, I am glad that ET got cancelled, I don't think I would have been able to make it through the 2ww. Thankfully, mine stopped short of turning too severe that I had to go to the hospital, but I think I put on like almost 3 kgs during the entire bloating period which is very scary. I could hardly button up my denim shorts when it's always been loose on me! I looked and felt like I was 4 months pregnant when I wasn't!

To get over it I drank only Gatorade (I bought the powder and mixed it in a bottle and brought it everywhere I went and just kept drinking the Gatorade water and trying to pee), I also ate a lot of salty food (sodium draws water retention back into the body instead of having it accumulate in the abdomen area), ate some natural meds for constipation and basically just rested lots during those 10 days. The other ladies here might remember and will tell you how much i whinged then. haha. Good luck and I hope you don't come down with ohss like I did.

Let me know if you need any other info.
    Last edited by VickyP; 14-03-2016 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @tjuls, a vagina steam?! what the h**l is that? Sounds scary to me!
    Last edited by VickyP; 14-03-2016 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ABG79, u won't get a better explanation than the one @VickyP just gave u.. Haha.. And @VickyP.. Ur whinging during that period wasnt bad at all!! Heck it wouldn't even consider it whinging !!
    Vagina steam is apparently what it says.. Steam up ur vajayjay and apparently it's good for fertility. Hey if its good for Gweneth Paltrow, its good enough for me :P
    Ive been told by counsellor who practices Mayan healing that a vag steam on morning of transfer is a must.. So I'm giving that a go this mnth for FET..
    Hey if I end up a BFN, at least my vajayjay got a facial!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (15-03-2016),LillyM  (15-03-2016),StephyG  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG @tjuls I'm dying lol!!! A vagina steam??? Suggested by a counsellor??? Too much LOL!! Of course we would ALL try anything!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

hope your all well

just a question - how long were u put on Progesterone for ? and has anyone tried eating pineapple for 5 days after ivf/iui ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @hopefulangel1987 i honestly can't remember how long I was put on progesterone for... I think until after 7wk scan.

My girlfriend ate pineapple core after ET. Supposedly an old wives tale but it worked for her!
    Last edited by SL1009; 15-03-2016 at 06:30.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls bahahahaha a facial! I'm dead!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Tuesday everyone! @hopefulangel1987 I've just started on crinone twice a day 3 days before transfer day, and if the pregnancy test is positive need to stay in it till week 7. I'd be interested in your experiences.

I didn't realise how expensive crinone is. I have the two boxes that I picked up after epu for $30 or so, but a box of 15 costs $180 (or $170 at chemist warehouse which seems to be the cheapest) so that's going to add up for 7 weeks, depending on whether it's 2 a day (box of 15 only lasts a week) or 1 a day.

Not complaining, just hoping it works. Not sure how efficacy compares between the different options but the alternative I think is $60 for a box of 15 so a third of the price. I asked the nurses about this but they said once you start it's better not to switch. I do trust that the fs is right. Just worth knowing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RainbowLorikeet thanks for sharing
    They told me to to keep taking the pessaries up until and including the day of the pregnancy test...

It cost me $60 for a box of 15... I might see how much it is at chemist warehouse

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (15-03-2016)