Closed Thread
Page 47 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone hope you all had a good weekend ! Can't believe it's almost the end of it back to work tomorrow. Well AF decided to finally arrive after being over a week late. Though my nurse appointment is in two days kind of was hoping they would arrive Around then so could start straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @VickyP if you're due tomorrow then AF is only just around the corner and you'll be back at it again! Hooray!

No news from the clinic since ET on Thursday so far. Yesterday was day 5 so I'm eager to know if our second embie made it to freeze. PUPO is great; trying to take it easier than usual and not lifting too much heavy stuff (my son included lol)! I guess as I am always busy I enjoy the quiet time I get and I don't seem to be doing my head in about it (but we are only 4 days in)! I'm guessing, given the 2ww is generally 2wks that BT would be not this Thursday, next Thursday, just before Easter! Hoping and praying all is going to go well with this one. I'm feeling really positive and our little family is just ready for a new addition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So annoying @clucky14 why don't you call them and speak to them and see what they say? I started on cycle day 3 (although I did have a baseline BT on day 1). The waiting for everything to just start is truly agonising! once it starts though it goes super quick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guess they are closed today but Maybe I will call tomorrow morning and ask I mean there is a Laverty place downstairs where I work so hopefully nurses will let me do BT there ? Do you think? I would love to start asap as my AMH is low and think it's a waste of a month when I am so close to nurse appointment and in starting first cycle . Will give it a shot anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    So annoying @clucky14 why don't you call them and speak to them and see what they say? I started on cycle day 3 (although I did have a baseline BT on day 1). The waiting for everything to just start is truly agonising! once it starts though it goes super quick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP I did crinone for the first time today CD20, four days before transfer. You might be the same? No other meds before now for unmedicated fet just scans and blood tests.

@clucky14 when I started stimming in January I had a CD1 blood test, but had already seen the nurse before Christmas for the briefing on injections etc. Hopefully they will just say get the blood test done, you just need the laverty referral form. And I started injections on CD3. The nurse appointment I think is mainly to explain the meds, the treatment schedule is set by the FS. The nurse just explained to me to have a BT on first day of AF full flow between 7-9am and ring them to let them know.

@SL1009 glad to hear you're taking the 2ww in your stride!

AFM, excited about transfer wednesday and I have decided to make the most of the Easter break by travel to the other side of the world to see family... On the basis that is an opportunity to travel and better than travel later, and should be quite restful with family! ..I'm not leaving until 5dp5dt so think that gives five days to rest after ET.. I asked the nurses and they said there is no research to say travel has an impact, as long as I walk around on the flights and take enough crinone with me... I think though that I may wait to get back to do the bt as I think it will be difficult to get a BT while I'm away, and I get back about d20p5dt.. I'll see... But I have a home pregnancy test on standby and can email the nurses if AF shows up. Hmmm we'll see if my patience holds out!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @RainbowLorikeet for the info as wasn't sure: there is no real flow as yet with AF in just hoping they let me go do the BT before my nurse appointment which is in couple days anyway. Hopefully they won't be overly strict with making me have appointment first but it's only couple days surely they would allow it it's only a blood test ! Ah guess I will see once I call asap tomorrow morning when they open not feeling hopeful though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowLorikeet View Post
    @VickyP I did crinone for the first time today CD20, four days before transfer. You might be the same? No other meds before now for unmedicated fet just scans and blood tests.

@clucky14 when I started stimming in January I had a CD1 blood test, but had already seen the nurse before Christmas for the briefing on injections etc. Hopefully they will just say get the blood test done, you just need the laverty referral form. And I started injections on CD3. The nurse appointment I think is mainly to explain the meds, the treatment schedule is set by the FS. The nurse just explained to me to have a BT on first day of AF full flow between 7-9am and ring them to let them know.

@SL1009 glad to hear you're taking the 2ww in your stride!

AFM, excited about transfer wednesday and I have decided to make the most of the Easter break by travel to the other side of the world to see family... On the basis that is an opportunity to travel and better than travel later, and should be quite restful with family! ..I'm not leaving until 5dp5dt so think that gives five days to rest after ET.. I asked the nurses and they said there is no research to say travel has an impact, as long as I walk around on the flights and take enough crinone with me... I think though that I may wait to get back to do the bt as I think it will be difficult to get a BT while I'm away, and I get back about d20p5dt.. I'll see... But I have a home pregnancy test on standby and can email the nurses if AF shows up. Hmmm we'll see if my patience holds out!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LillyM just to clarify I am a far from 'sensitive' person usually, I am often perceived as being blunt myself. However your remarks have irritated me. That's great that you see effectiveness as the number 1 priority but please remember everyone on here is at different stages of this journey. Perhaps as times goes on I may be less ' sensitive' and more pragmatic to this topic but you weren't there. We have our results we know what has to be done and we will do it. I hope you never have to be treated in such a cold manner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Hey cycle buddies @LillyM and @tjuls - you ladies are ahead of me. My AF is not due until tomorrow and it doesn't feel like she is going to arrive on time! I don't feel pre-men much yet. SIGH.... more waiting. But I agree that the next month or so is going to be exciting for us all.

@RainbowLorikeet - how are things with you? Started the Crinone?

I totally forgot to ask the FS about Crinone in the lead up to my FET. She didn't mention any meds etc. I will probably ask the nurse when I get to my BT.

@SL1009, when is your next BT? Hope you are enjoying the PUPO! I think overall, the docs and nurses are quite personable and helpful. They have been so nice with questions, us pestering them, etc. But they are not very good with "bad news" in that sense. Very clinical and not very sympathetic mostly.

@StephyG, are you back to QL already? I so agree with the other ladies here. I am so looking forward to you coming back to the clinic and giving them the "in-the-face-there-you-go" look with your striking new health and weight status. Let us know how things go. I am sure you will nail this very quickly once you speak to your GP and seek advice for an achievable plan. Most important thing is to be healthy!

Thank you@VickyP :-) it's nice to be encouraged, hoping to kick some butt!😊😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies @StephyG if I have irritated you, that was not my attention at all - quite the opposite actually.

I wish you nothing but the best in your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! I think it's time for me to leave this group. Thanks to whom was there during my IVF journey and supported me and was happy for my BFP (apologies for not tagging everyone!!). I kept reading this thread from time to time and I was so upset for Billie2 and for all the others who weren't blessed in the 1st attempt. That's how I feel. Blessed. I've always felt blessed, even when I was struggling and wondering "why us??" and "will I ever have a baby?" before starting. I feel much stronger now as IVF is one of those challenges in life that make you understand the strength of women. Stay positive and appreciate this opportunity that many women in our situation don't have. Positivity and picturing your success is key! Try to avoid stress as much as possible and take good care of your body and mind too, as for me the psychological aspect has been the toughest part! Eat nourishing food, meditate, do acupuncture if you can.
    Be patient, take your time and prepare at best!
    I do hope you all will write "BFP" soon on this forum!!
    Me & my 17 weeks bub wish you all the very best!!

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (15-03-2016),LillyM  (14-03-2016),MissTilly  (14-03-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (14-03-2016),StephyG  (14-03-2016),tjuls  (14-03-2016),VickyP  (14-03-2016)