Closed Thread
Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls maybe it's just the staff there if you had the same thing? I had Dr Jie zhang?? she couldn't even hand me a tissue! I feel bad putting her name on here but oh well to bad I guess. It leaves me waiting until I lose weight I guess, we had all the necessary tests which was good so I was prepared in that way. @RainbowLorikeet 1 had our 24th birthday on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for places like Monash it would take us while to save for a cycle there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've haven't meet that doc @StephyG. If u feel uncomfortable putting the doc's name in here..its alright. No pressure hun.
    I hope the weight comes off soon so u can jump back into the ivf game. Its awlful being knocked back when u so desperately want to start ur family.
    It slipped my mind that Monash isn't a bulk billed clinic .. Doh!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

StephyG  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StephyG View Post
    As for places like Monash it would take us while to save for a cycle there
    @StephyG do you mind if I PM you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post
    @StephyG do you mind if I PM you?

Not at all:-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StephyG For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @RainbowLorikeet - yay to being one step nearer!

Sorry to hear about your experience @StephyG. Did they suggest that you could possibly speak to a nutritionist at Primary? That's what the brochure said - it might help to speak with someone who can assess the situation better and come up with a proper weight loss plan - I think most people don't understand weight loss at all and think it's because one's lazy / not doing enough exercises / eat too much, etc. It's a horrible stereotype but so common. Look up and see if you can find a bulk bill nutritionist or perhaps see if your private health fund can cover some of that costs? I think it's safer and probably more efficient to get professional advice. We will be here for you (even if the Dr and hubby don't know what to say / do)! Hugs!

@LillyM - @tjuls is right about Sunday BT. I remember that the nurse said to me last time, if AF comes on Sat, go do the BT on Sunday. Don't do BT on Sat as the readings will be off by the time Monday rolls around and they get the report.

So go to a Laverty that is open on Sunday, tell the pathologist you are on Day 2 and not Day 1 and they will make a note on the report so that the nurses can take that into consideration when confirming the script. Ring Primary up on Monday first thing and let them know to expect the BT results. They should get it by early afternoon, be prepared to go to the pharmacy to get the meds. If you already have left over meds, even easier I think. Oh, and remember Day 1 = full flow, not spotting.

I did my BT on a Sunday last time (started spotting on Sat, so phew, full flow only on Sunday). Went to Laverty in Campsie first thing Sunday morning. Horrible wait (Laverty at George St is gem by contrast). Pathologist said it will be processed as urgent (there should be an "urgent" stamp already on the form) and the blood sample will get to the lab by Sunday afternoon.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (12-03-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (12-03-2016),StephyG  (12-03-2016),tjuls  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @StephyG I'm sorry your appointment didn't go as planned. I hope you and hubby make a plan together to be able to get accepted soon xx

Sorry for TMI BUT...whose using pessaries? You have to lie down for 30 mins after which is fine however I just went to the loo after 1.5hrs and a lot of it came out...do you think I should put another one it or it should be fine??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ^ good old Google helped me out (the best and the worst friend). For those who are taking the pessaries over crinone / or will be taking them / or have taken them, apparently the progesterone is like the top quarter of the pessary which the body absorbs within the first 15 minutes. Any discharge you get after that time is basically the waxy coating of it! Makes me feel better! Tomorrow will be day 5 so hopefully we have one little blasty about to implant inside me and another one ready for the freezer!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (12-03-2016),tjuls  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, just talking to you and getting it off my chest helps. But they didn't offer the nutritionist to see us at all, we didn't even know they had one until now. When we get back home We will go see our gp and she what she says. People do have that stereotype with people with weight on them but I've come to realise you never ever judge because medical conditions run havoc on alot of people.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StephyG For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info @SL1009. I will be on pessaries for this FET and didn't know that the prog gets absorbed in the 15mins! Wow.
    @StephyG. Can't agree with u more.
    When r u flying back home? I hope u get to see a nutritionist asap. You can do it hun.. Set a goal and come back walking into Dr Zheng's office strikingly beautiful and with a 'in -your-face' attitude.