Closed Thread
Page 41 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I don't know if I've got good news: gest sac is where it should be (no ectopic) but it's measuring 5 weeks, if I count from my LMP or day of transfer I should be 7 weeks today. Sonographer was able to see a very small yolk sac but nothing else.
    She tried to reassured me that sometimes the dates can be wrong (there's no way to have it wrong with IVF, is it?), and if it wasn't because I've been bleeding she wouldn't do a scan that early.

She may found the reason of my bleeding though, I have a fibroid placed just next to the gestational sac, apparently I don't need to worry about it.

Appt with Dr JMD tmr. I'm so confused!

Thank you all for the good wishes ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow ok @Kookii great news that it's not ectopic and that they think the fibroid was a source of the bleeding. Bang on 7wks could be still early to see anything. Will be interesting to see what doc says tomorrow! Big hugs Hun it must be such a tough waiting game for you right now.

@tjuls that's really ****ty I would be absolutely steaming! What can you do though really?! It is what it is!! I think the nurse may call today but not sure if she'll have an update as she said that she would call if the situation changes but then I asked her to call me anyway so we'll see what happens. She didn't call me until after 2 yesterday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Such a relief @Kookii to finally know where the bleeding came from.
    I don't think dates can be wrong in ivf but I think the yolk sac may still turn into a viable fetus. Given the bleeding from the fibroid, it may be under developing atm but once the fibroid resolves on it own, ur baby's growth will pick up.
    I know it's soo hard to not worry about it. Hugs to u hun.. U've been so strong through this and Dr JMD will hopefully ease ur mind tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slightly off topic, what has the weather been doing lately? I'm packing a bag to leave tomorrow and would like an idea of what to pack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where are going @StephyG ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did everyone go with their scans/appts today?

AFM it's nearly 6 and I haven't heard from the nurse so no news it good news and I'm assuming my little embies are growing well! Can't wait til tomorrow! Eeeep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SL1009 going to Sydney for our first GP appointment on Friday:-) from QLD

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StephyG it's been hot in Sydney 29-30 degrees, cooler in the evening. Supposed to rain next few days but forecast warm around 27 degrees for next few days, cooler in evening 20 degrees ish. Hope u have a good trip to Sydney and some fun for next few days. How long are you here for?

How'd your FS appointment go @VickyP?

@Kookii thinking of you for tomorrow and sending best wishes in your direction.

@SL009 I was freezing all after epu but I only heard results on day one after epu and day 5. I wanted to know but guess it changes every day anyway. Hope your little ones are all going strong!

I think primary are good generally even though info is generally minimal.

@LilllyM hope work is going ok and it's helping to make the time pass quickly at least!

@tjuls 1 hour is a long time to wait, I had to wait 2 hours but I did at least see the fs in the end who was so nice, so that made it worth it!

Hope everyone's having a good evening and good rest of week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,
    Wow, this thread does move very fast!

So, just hoping I can get this right:

@StephyG - It's warm in Sydney. Today was like 35. Next few days all 30ish. Don't know where autumn went. Still feels very much like summer. (at least to me). Welcome and safe flight! Good luck with the appt!

@Kookii - sorry to hear about the mixed news, I know how agonising it must be. Hopefully Dr. JMD can shed some light. I agree with @tjuls, sounds like bub is just a little under developing - praying for you and bub!

So for those who are interested about double embie transfers (@SL1009, @tjuls and @RainbowLorikeet I think?) - so I did ask. Answer was still no, but I asked Dr SG what the condition was (it is a policy that they try to stick to). She said they only do double embie transfer if you are 40 and above, or have had a history of multiple cycle failures, or medical history indicating it's going to tough. So if everything looks fine, then they only do 1. They try to avoid the risks unless the patient has existing issues that outweigh the risks of a double embed transfer if that makes sense. So it was still a no for me (especially since I had ohss i think).

AND

the other question about "do i have to wait another cycle for a failed FET?"

Guess what? Dr SG had us sign a consent form for 2 cycles at the same time. She says if this coming one fails, then we can immediately hop onto the next one without having to wait to see her in-between. If the 2nd one fails, obviously we need to speak to her to see if additional meds / treatments are needed.

I didn't ask why (was feeling so relieved that I didn't probe), but I think it might be because my previous ET was cancelled, so it hadn't technically failed. That might have been the reason for her to say yes to a double. She was also very keen to finish up with us though, I felt I wasn't prepared enough with questions to ask.

So, try asking? Sorry, I didn't get to ask the specific question about immediate cycles after failed FET because my appt was first thing in the morning at 8am so I didn't see the messages until just now.

Anyway, I am on natural FET for 2 cycles. First scan CD8, ET expected 5dpo so after Easter. Hopefully AF comes on time next week and that I have no problems with ovulation given the ohss last month. She did say that I will have to wait for the nurses to write me the BT / scan referral forms - they must be so overwhelmed!

PS: @tjuls - they also lost my script when I picked up the meds the last time. But I waited around for only about 15 mins and they finally got it sent to the pharmacy again. So thankfully I didn't have to wait too long, but bumper for you.
    Last edited by VickyP; 09-03-2016 at 20:17.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (10-03-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (09-03-2016),tjuls  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StephyG I'm in Melbourne so no weather help here!!

@VickyP thanks for the update on 2 embies! Perhaps she was considering it for me based on multiple failed cycles?? My DS was born out of cycle #4 and this will be #6. Our 2nd round was FET but all the others have been stim. We've never been able to get frosties since our first round. We'll see tomorrow what the outcome is. I didn't hear from the clinic that we'll have something to transfer - hopefully all 3 make it! Best case scenario we would transfer the 2 naturally fertilised embies and leave the ICSI one to grow to day 5 if it's looking good!

ET happening at midday so I'll let you know how it all went.

Xx