Closed Thread
Page 40 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @SL1009 thanks for all those details!

Yeah I don't know why I had this idea in my head... it might a policy in some fertiliy clinics...? But def legal for sure if they're doing it!

I see where you're coming from and you do have an history.

I would transfer 2 if I would be given the chance mostly due to my age - I'm 38, and we'd love to have 2x kids .... and already struggling to make the 1st one!
    When you do the maths, it's easy to understand why we wouldn't be against to have 2 in one go!

Anyway let's see how we go - I'd be over the moon to manage to have 1 to start with, considering the battle and crazy journey we're having...

Have a good rest and plenty of fluids! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SL1009 that's great news!
    @Kookii how nerve racking! Are you in Sydney or Melbourne? Fingers crossed everything is ok with your scan tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All the best @Kookii for the scans, keep us updated. Hugs!
    @tjuls and @LillyM - I think the no 2 embryo transfer is a policy that the clinic holds, not legislation. They probably think the risks outweigh the benefits so it's conditional based on age (40 years and above). DH and I had also asked that and the answer was a no too. Maybe I will try again tomorrow morning with Dr SG when we talk about FET. haha.

2 x embies also mean the body needs to be able to support both bugs growing, so it's also a risk. I'm 37 too, but I would rather safely try for 1 than risk it, having had a m/c before. The temptation of getting 2 at one shot is very VERY high I say but at this point, I say 1 safe bub is better than 2 bubs at risk over 9 months...That's just me, I am just not 100% confident that my body is up for it! Given that Primary is bulk billed, maybe they are more cautious about potential complications and risks too. Just speculating, but I think the policy will vary clinic to clinic.

If I get any answers, I will let you ladies know.
    @LillyM - hope Af comes on time! Here to cheer you on!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to all those with appointments, scans and waiting for results this week, or all those just waiting! Cheering you all on!

I had BT this morning and was hoping there would be an update on when embryo transfer is, but I just got a text message to say have another BT on Thursday. I rang the nurse and it's just a wait and see at this stage, transfer date maybe later next week.

Thanks for the feedback on whether to travel.. I've already googled what to do during the 2ww, some very funny suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @VickyP agreed it's certainly a huge risk and at the end of the day what we are all praying for is one healthy bubba. The policy must vary from clinic to clinic but also from dr to dr. I think your also right in saying it may be because it's a bulk bill clinic. I think it also has a lot to do with your personal rights and opinions and, unless you have signed something stating that 2 embryos is not available, you should have the right to transfer 2 - they're yours after all as is your body.

I don't want to seem that I'm greedy wanting 2 embies transferred, it's just the way we have done it in the past, and what we are comfortable with I guess. One baby would be a miracle and however many embies any of us have transferred that's the end goal for all of us for sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP. Good luck with ur apptment tomorrow with Dr SG. One thing hubby and I are curious about and unfortunately didn't get a chance to ask ( if u wouldnt mind asking for us tomorrow) , is if Primary offers transfers after a failed FET if the couple is willing to pay for it. Hubby and I don't know how patient we will be if this FET cycle fails and we have to wait 31 days for the nxt bulk billed cycle. I'd rather pay for all the 'down time' cycles but would that mean we can't be illegible for the bulk billed cycle after that?
    @RainbowLorikeet.. What cd are u in atm?

Had a cluster f*** day today.. Went into George St Pharmacy to pick up the pessaries and trigger for FET cycle and Primary had misplaced my script. So after waiting an hr, with no response from the nurses I went home to pick son ( hubby overseas atm).
    Nurse called at 6pm to say FS wrote another script and ready to pick up whenever.

Sorry for whinge

Anyone noticed the Primary IVF script file at the pharmacy? If that is any indication of how many patients they see, holy moly .. No wonder the FS and nurses are over worked!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls good question about whether after a failed FET it's possible to start another treatment cycle straightaway and transfer on the next possible day.. That's what I want to do too, if this doesn't work out... I'm going to ask the nurses when I know the transfer date, to try and plan ahead a little.

Maybe it depends on whether it's a medicated or unmedicated FET, as maybe body needs to recover more if it's medicated?

Great if you can ask the FS @VickyP and good luck with your appointment today.

I'm cd17 today, expect ovul around now, but the timing varies a little. It's going to be a 5 day transfer.

@Kookii thinking of you for your scan today.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Kookii . Wow I haven't been on for a few days due to working and so much to catch up on.hoping everyone is doing well! Have my nurse appointment next week very excited however my AF is late this month by a week I'm worrying also I mean my mother has history of early menopause so I'm kind of freaking out! I'm definitely not preg I did a test, hurry up AF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    God so annoying @tjuls - do you live far away from the clinic? If that happened to me I would crack it! It takes me a good 1-1.5hrs to get to my clinic! Yeh I've briefly seen the pharmacy file...lots of people there! When I went in for my 2nd BT and scan on Friday they said that before me, they had had 13 women who all had their day 1 on that day! That's pretty crazy! My appointment ran an hour late which I was not happy with!

All the best with your scan today @Kookii we're all thinking of you

@RainbowLorikeet the wait is a killer when you just want it all to happen! Hopefully you'll get your answers after BT tomorrow

@VickyP all the best with your appointment today

@ABG79 hope all goes well with your BT / scan today. Hopefully you'll have some good news that EPU is just around the corner!

AFM I just started with my pessaries this morning. Question...for those who have had previous transfers, did you get a daily update on your embryo status up until ET? The nurse reckons that they only contact me if anything changes but I would much prefer a follow up on how my little embies are doing...I think it was something that they were discussing with the scientists. Hoping and praying my 3 little bambinos are thriving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SL1009 I live about 40 mins away from town.. I find it frustrating that I sent an email to the nurses end of last week to confirm that I can pick up meds. Only to arrive and no script!
    Having time off work is hard enough for apptments, so it's such a pity the trip into town was a waste of time for me. On top of that hubby is away overseas for work so I have to juggle daycare pick up and drop offs in between everything else.
    But I understand the doc and nurses are working flat out, so I guess it's only a minor oversight .
    For me, the nurses only called the day after EPU and 2 days before transfer to notify me of the growth of embies. Since ur transfer is tomorrow, I say u should expect a call from them sometime today hoping they are all looking good for tomorrow