Closed Thread
Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone! Hope everyone's weeks are going well. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on traveling during 2ww and in first trimester, either in Australia or overseas. Are there any times to avoid being away because of appointments and scans. Can you just get these appointments and scans a bit later or do they have to be on set dates? I'm just thinking about maybe being away from Sydney for a few days or week, or maybe going to visit family in Europe for 2 weeks, and my main concerns are missing appointments and keeping crinone at room temperature. Traveling isn't as much of a priority as this, but nice to have a distraction! Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABG79 View Post
    Thanks @Kookii feeling excited! Where abouts are you in your cycle?
    @SL1009 I'm not sure when egg collection will be? I've started on orgalutran tonight and have another scan and bloods on Wedneday and possibly again on Friday so maybe early next week of all goes well. Look forward to hearing your results tomorrow. Hope you get a good night sleep 😊💤
    Currently pregnant 6w6d with my 2nd cycle at Primary, I've been freaking out since I got my bfp though. Have had heavy bleeding for 4 days at 5w, and now with brown spotting that hasn't stopped since then. Having a scan tmr to check if Emby is still growing.

The perks of IVF! We never stop worrying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @RainbowLorikeet after ET the next appointment is your blood test after the two week wait is up. In my opinion I would stay local and rest up. The wait is really hard, there's no sugar coating it but just try to find distractions - books, movies, hobbies, also if you google what to do in the two week wait you should come across some funny websites that will help you get a long!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (08-03-2016),tjuls  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with @SL1009 @RainbowLorikeet.. I would stay local as well. I know there is a 7week scan for HB and then another one at 12weeks.. The first trimester is the riskiest to travel due to embryo development.. I travelled overseas when I was preg with son ( 4 mnths preg) and got really really sick. Def won't be doing THAT again! @Kookii.. Are u having regular brown spotting? Hope it all goes well with scan tomorrow hun. Let us know how it goes xx.

I'm slowly dying as well @LillyM!!
    Hello @Razzy Bear!! Welcome @ABG79.. I told my senior at work about our ivf but everyone else I just told them it's for investigations.
    That's a high AMH @StephyG!!
    The higher the better!! Hope ur GP works her magic an convinces Primary to fit ur FS apptments as well for u on Thursday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Razzy Bear  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    STIIILLL haven't got a call!! Hanging to know my little eggies got on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so the nurse just called. Out of our 7 eggies, 5 were mature. 3 were inseminated with ICSI and 2 with IVF. We got 3 embies (2 from IVF and 1 from ICSI). Dr is going to be cautious and do a day 3 which would be Thursday and also open to transferring 2 depending on how they are looking.

Praying so hard that these 3 potential bubbas hold on!!

Xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @SL1009! Looking good and going fast hehe! Best combo

Still confused on those 2 embies transfer, based on the "strict" Dr George's answer we got... Is is something that you have discussed initially with your FS or is it possible to "re-discuss" based on the number/quality of embies after retrieval?

Did you have Dr George as well?

Sorry to annoy you with this! Maybe it is also related to your IVF history when I've been told so many times that it is about the age and a no-go for women under 40yo in Australia....

It just bugs me a little that in a same clinic, we apparently get different answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great news @SL1009!!.. Hope the 3 keeps growing and thriving for Thurs!!
    I really thought its an Australian law toi @LillyM that u could only have 2 embies transferred if the woman is over 40. But I guess there are clauses to the legislation n that we aren't privy to.
    I would transfer 2 too if I could!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @LillyM I'm seeing Dr Linda Warmsley at Preston in Melbourne. Given that this was our 6th cycle at our initial consult she said that it may be an option based on numbers and the way the embryos look. The second time we saw her she changed her tune a little and said aim for 1 blasty and seemed dead set against it. Now that we have low numbers the nurse had said that she had said she was open to transferring two depending on how they are looking. Basically the nurse was saying that if we have 3 great looking embies they will only do 1. But I'm going to push for two. If you're comfortable with the risks of multiples for you and the bubs it's your body and you should be able to do whatever. It's certainly not illegal. And I am only 31.its definitely something you can discuss nearer to ET based on numbers x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LillyM @tjuls thank you. As I mentioned before we have always transferred 2 when we've had then. My DS was a result of 2 transferred and we always like he option better and also understand the risks of multiples. If both Melbourne and Monash IVF have transferred 2 for me (since I was 26) I highly doubt it's illegal! I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to transfer 3 x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-03-2016)