Closed Thread
Page 33 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the reply @VickyP good to know
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Yes @clucky14, you pay the $600 at the day surgery centre on EPU day. If your private health fund covers pregnancy related charges, then you can claim back certain amount - how much depends on your cover so best to check with your health fund?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @tjuls I do have pregnancy related cover but will have to check with Medibank private next week . It be nice if covered it !
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    @clucky14. The $600 gets paid before EPU when u check in on the day. Claim through PHI also happens on the day. We are with BUPA so we only had to pay $320(?) Instead of the $600..
    Finally after 15 yrs of PHI I get to make use of it @StephyG. The week will fly. Did u manage to sort out all the apptments so u only have to make 1 trip for all 3 apptments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! Happy weekend!!!! Thinking of you all!! I've been offline for a bit for a few reasons, including nothing to report, sad about Billie, and expecting things to go wrong, but after waiting what feels like forever, I'm finally in the middle of an unmedicated FET... First one ever, first transfer ever to come too.. And expecting them to cancel, but seems to be going well so far, so here's what I've learnt...

A) get your FS appointment before AF starts as this avoids the $120 fee, if I'd known i would have had the FS appointment weeks ago. I was waiting for polyp removal and result but they didn't seem to need to see that, so could have easily saved $120. Not complaining, just good lesson.
    B) unmedicated FET is a breeze so far compared to stimming. No meds at all.
    C) I asked the FS about iron deficiency as I think one of my earlier BTs showed that I'm low on iron. When the nurse rang with the results of the first scan and blood test and to tell me which day to go for second blood test I forgot to ask about the iron blood test... So I rang them a few days later and they advised I need to take ferro-gradumet twice a day, with a meal, and Elevit once a day with the other meal. So worth getting your iron checked if like me you don't eat much red meat. I'm now trying to eat more red meat and drink orange juice with it as well now

I've had two scans and blood tests on day 9 and day 12, next BT on day 16 Tuesday next week between 7-9am. So embryo transfer might be Monday 14th .. Just my guess... Fingers crossed...

Good luck to you all and hope you're all having great weekends!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (04-03-2016),VickyP  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @RainbowLorikeet! I missed a cycle totally, so will have to wait a whole month because they consider FET a new cycle (although my ET was cancelled due to ohss). I'm waiting to see Dr SG next Wed. Maybe i will need some supplements as well although I have been eating Elevit now for a year?! You are 2 weeks before and i am so envious!

Good luck @SL1009 for the EPU on Monday. Yes - quality over quantity and rest up well before and after too!

@clucky14 - Dr JMD is fantastic, she was the doc who did my EPU. lovely lady. actually all the FS so far are lovely. I think they are in the clinic alternate weeks though. I was told Dr SG wasn't around this week.

@tjuls and @LillyM - what are your timelines looking like?

@Kookii - what great news! You won't see the hb until 6 weeks, so the fact that hcg is rising is fantastic news!

@MissTilly - CONGRATS mommy! it's such a wonderful feeling I know.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (07-03-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (04-03-2016),tjuls  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was lovely I hope I have her for EPU! I have my bruise appointment in another week and half can you tell me what to expect please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    How exciting @RainbowLorikeet! I missed a cycle totally, so will have to wait a whole month because they consider FET a new cycle (although my ET was cancelled due to ohss). I'm waiting to see Dr SG next Wed. Maybe i will need some supplements as well although I have been eating Elevit now for a year?! You are 2 weeks before and i am so envious!

Good luck @SL1009 for the EPU on Monday. Yes - quality over quantity and rest up well before and after too!

@clucky14 - Dr JMD is fantastic, she was the doc who did my EPU. lovely lady. actually all the FS so far are lovely. I think they are in the clinic alternate weeks though. I was told Dr SG wasn't around this week.

@tjuls and @LillyM - what are your timelines looking like?

@Kookii - what great news! You won't see the hb until 6 weeks, so the fact that hcg is rising is fantastic news!

@MissTilly - CONGRATS mommy! it's such a wonderful feeling I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here mine is low and at my fs appointment she advised I take the same tablets too so I've started them and also trying to eat a lot more meat and iron rich foods. I'm wondering if it will be tested again before I can start though ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowLorikeet View Post
    Hey everyone! Happy weekend!!!! Thinking of you all!! I've been offline for a bit for a few reasons, including nothing to report, sad about Billie, and expecting things to go wrong, but after waiting what feels like forever, I'm finally in the middle of an unmedicated FET... First one ever, first transfer ever to come too.. And expecting them to cancel, but seems to be going well so far, so here's what I've learnt...

A) get your FS appointment before AF starts as this avoids the $120 fee, if I'd known i would have had the FS appointment weeks ago. I was waiting for polyp removal and result but they didn't seem to need to see that, so could have easily saved $120. Not complaining, just good lesson.
    B) unmedicated FET is a breeze so far compared to stimming. No meds at all.
    C) I asked the FS about iron deficiency as I think one of my earlier BTs showed that I'm low on iron. When the nurse rang with the results of the first scan and blood test and to tell me which day to go for second blood test I forgot to ask about the iron blood test... So I rang them a few days later and they advised I need to take ferro-gradumet twice a day, with a meal, and Elevit once a day with the other meal. So worth getting your iron checked if like me you don't eat much red meat. I'm now trying to eat more red meat and drink orange juice with it as well now

I've had two scans and blood tests on day 9 and day 12, next BT on day 16 Tuesday next week between 7-9am. So embryo transfer might be Monday 14th .. Just my guess... Fingers crossed...

Good luck to you all and hope you're all having great weekends!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Been starting a new job so finding time to write here is a bit challenging... Been following everyone's progresses tho

@VickyP to answer your question - I'm awaiting AF in order to start stim from scratch. Again.
    Expected next Friday but could be sooner...

Getting there... I'm so not good with waiting.

Last time I got EPU exactly 11 days after 1st stiming day so that would mean 23th March this month, assuming this cycle would follow the exact same scenario, and assuming AF are right on time. That's a lot of assuming but that's all I got at the moment lol!

I believe that your FET is a few days after right? If so I might have my ET at the same time...?

What about you @tjuls?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Timer

Hi ladies
    Hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread this is my first time on here and going through my first IVF cycle I'm on day 5 of Gonul-f injections and had monitoring ultrasound and blood test this morning. I'm not sure what to expect and feel so in the dark with the process. I'm so emotional and crying on average 3 X daily. How do you ladies stay so positive through this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @RainbowLorikeet.. That's quick! Didn't realised u had started ur cycle already
    So does that mean ET will be on ur cd22?
    Dr SG mentioned that ET would fall around cd17 but I'm not sure what she talking about since I naturally ovulate around cd16!!! And then 5 days later would make it cd21.. Which makes sense..
    Did u have to pick up the trigger and Pessaries as part of ur meds pack for this cycle?
    I was totally spinning out with confusion when I saw the need for a trigger when it's a natural cycle. @VickyP @LillyM.. Af is expected next Fri as well and if my cycle stays regular it means I will ovulate on the 26th March and ET on the 31st March.
    I'm like u @LillyM.. I'm not good at waiting either.. Hahaha. But TTC is def teaching me patience
    Welcome @ABG79!! Hope ur first BT and Scan today was good. You would have crossed paths with @SL1009.
    I'm sorry to hear u've been emotional during this period.. It could be the gonal-f?? But I found the ladies on here wonderful with support to stay positive despite the hurdles and disapointments. We learn from each other and feel free to ask us anything u're not sure about.. We bounce of each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are u going my ex-cycle buddy @MissTilly? How is that bun in ur oven? Baking nicely away I hope!!