Closed Thread
Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @RainbowLorikeet - All the best for the surgery! My thoughts are with you.
    @MissTilly - I totally agree with @Billie2, don't let those thoughts get to you! Having had a miscarriage from natural conception, I agree that IVF probably gives us a better chance with the interventions. I fell pregnant unexpectedly last time and we were over the moon. I started trawling forums and all, and got very paranoid about miscarriages in the first trimester and introduced alot of negative thoughts in my head and true enough, bub didn't stick around. That is something I absolutely regret. So this time, I am going to stay POSITIVE! I am going to try my very best to ease into the pregnancy and make sure bub has an amazing positive happy environment to stay in! You know you got this in the bag and I am very sure if you decided to tell your family, they would be supportive and over the moon! Trust yourself and your own judgement!

Thanks @tjuls for the lil edu session on aspirin. I think i am leaning towards getting some acupuncture intervention for now, I might continue for the first trimester if I get preggers, but I think I am jumping the gun here.
    @Billie2 - that's AT LEAST 5 lil warriors. potentially a couple more! Plus, the last couple of days before EPU can spell big changes. Let us know when you get news!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly, funny you're raising this subject as we had a serious discussion with my Fiance last night about dealing with ppl in the future, telling/not telling etc.

When I started IVF, I didn't tell anyone because the pressure is already strong on our shoulders and I didn't want to have the extra pressure from my family asking, wondering, worrying etc. Especially from distance since my family lives in France. But we were planning on telling afterwards since we weren't considering it as a secret either.

But now that we are in the middle of this crazy emotional roller coaster, we're not sure anymore if we will let the people know, once I get pregnant. It is certainly not out of shame or anything, it is more for other different reasons and what happened to you, @MissTilly, is one of them.

Fact: only people who went through IVF can understand IVF. It is as simple as that. Hence you ladies, this community is a life saver. Because we do understand, we are all in the same boat. No judgement, only unconditional mutual respect, support, and love. (Oh Dear I'm feeling emotional right now, and I'm not even high on hormones!! ahahah)

Anyway, I don't know, I guess I just want more than anything to feel "normal" once finally pregnant - God knows how all this damn protocol is everything but normal - so I don't want my big announcement to be spoiled by the IVF revelation coming along with it. I don't want to have to tell the story to everyone and have people feeling sorry for us. I just want 100% Joyce and happiness and positivism about my future pregnancy. Not those weird doubts or awkward questions asked.

My fiance told me last night: "you know, this, what we are doing, this is us, this is our story, our business. This is about the 2 of us building our family. We are not watching people making babies in their bedrooms so why would they be watching us? This is a really personal and private journey and it belongs to us, so we don't have to tell anyone. But I'll leave the decision up to you and I'll support it."

Yeah. I know. My future husband is the Prince Charming.

But my point is: sometimes, men make so much more sense than we do.
    @MissTilly you have NOTHING to worry about. Enjoy every minute of what you have, it is too precious to be wasted.

Love you girls.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016),Kookii  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all sorry have been away a few days ended up in hospital had bad case of gastro! Home and well again now so I ended up getting the initial BT done but I'm confused with the next step. The paper I was given at primary is handwritten says BT day 2-5 which is done then it says BT Urine day 21 then it says ultrasound day 5-8. Does that mean I can do ultrasound tomorrow since that would be day 7 after my AF? Or do I do the day 21 BT first I'm confused ! Hope everyone else is doing fine and it's almost the weekend yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think everyone is different I found first time I was reluctant at start to tell people but once I told my supervisor I felt relieved in a way. Would at least know why some days I would be late ect and when I was down from all the meds she was caring and ask if I was ok. I guess it's hard one you don't want people asking either me and DH decided this time round we won't be telling family as I don't want the asking like last time don't want to feel pressure ect. It's a hard one but you have to do what's right for each of you maybe you can confide in just say one close person you can trust who you can have as support.
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    @MissTilly, funny you're raising this subject as we had a serious discussion with my Fiance last night about dealing with ppl in the future, telling/not telling etc.

When I started IVF, I didn't tell anyone because the pressure is already strong on our shoulders and I didn't want to have the extra pressure from my family asking, wondering, worrying etc. Especially from distance since my family lives in France. But we were planning on telling afterwards since we weren't considering it as a secret either.

But now that we are in the middle of this crazy emotional roller coaster, we're not sure anymore if we will let the people know, once I get pregnant. It is certainly not out of shame or anything, it is more for other different reasons and what happened to you, @MissTilly, is one of them.

Fact: only people who went through IVF can understand IVF. It is as simple as that. Hence you ladies, this community is a life saver. Because we do understand, we are all in the same boat. No judgement, only unconditional mutual respect, support, and love. (Oh Dear I'm feeling emotional right now, and I'm not even high on hormones!! ahahah)

Anyway, I don't know, I guess I just want more than anything to feel "normal" once finally pregnant - God knows how all this damn protocol is everything but normal - so I don't want my big announcement to be spoiled by the IVF revelation coming along with it. I don't want to have to tell the story to everyone and have people feeling sorry for us. I just want 100% Joyce and happiness and positivism about my future pregnancy. Not those weird doubts or awkward questions asked.

My fiance told me last night: "you know, this, what we are doing, this is us, this is our story, our business. This is about the 2 of us building our family. We are not watching people making babies in their bedrooms so why would they be watching us? This is a really personal and private journey and it belongs to us, so we don't have to tell anyone. But I'll leave the decision up to you and I'll support it."

Yeah. I know. My future husband is the Prince Charming.

But my point is: sometimes, men make so much more sense than we do.
    @MissTilly you have NOTHING to worry about. Enjoy every minute of what you have, it is too precious to be wasted.

Love you girls.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD 5-8 (not 5-8 days after your period stops) for pelvic ultrasound and CD 21 for blood/urine test 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can do ultrasound this cycle, you don't have to wait until after you cd 21 bloods 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Billie2! I bet those 5 follies are about to burst with awesome eggs and your lining will be more than ready for an embie to implant in its home(Monday or Wednesday 😉).

@MissTilly
    don't let people get you down...or stats! And stay away from Google!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Hi all sorry have been away a few days ended up in hospital had bad case of gastro! Home and well again now so I ended up getting the initial BT done but I'm confused with the next step. The paper I was given at primary is handwritten says BT day 2-5 which is done then it says BT Urine day 21 then it says ultrasound day 5-8. Does that mean I can do ultrasound tomorrow since that would be day 7 after my AF? Or do I do the day 21 BT first I'm confused ! Hope everyone else is doing fine and it's almost the weekend yay!
    They dont have to be in order! I did my BT and scan same time! I was lucky enough to have my GP appt on CD4. I got them done that day with scan on the following day. Then 21 fasting BT was all I had to do. I was right to go the next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hit reply before I finished my writing!
    @MissTilly you have a future baby in your tummy! Don't forget that and all you've been trough to achieve it. Other people opinions don't matter because they know sh#t about IVF. Everyone can google stats and be opinionated about it, but it's only us that really know what an emotional and mentally rollercoaster these treatments are (and never 100%, otherwise we wouldn't be in forums asking so many questions 😁).

Relax and enjoy every second of being pregnant. You know you deserve it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 thanks to crinone I'm having lots of cramping and sore breasts, other than that no symptoms at all. I've been having cramps since EPU, really light though, nothing to worry about. I don't think I can wait until the BT, I'll get the call while at work so I may POAS the day before just to be sure I won't get all emotional in front of people.

This is my first fresh transfer, and my first top quality embryo ever; if this cycle don't work I'll be shattered.

Here's hoping...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016),tjuls  (12-02-2016)