Closed Thread
Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 just read now 3 last pages and it hit me hard! Srsly wtf? So many questions and no answers... Hopefully you'll get to know more tmrw.

Most important thing of course is that you're doing better, really hope for a quick and total recovery, take it easy hun. For once, u have to... Then you'll see about the rest, too early to think, let's process later... One thing at a time!

Obviously I'm in shock too, we all are. Thank u for sharing without sugar coating, and remind us that Ivf is not a walk in the park. It's serious business.
    I'm deeply touched by what happened to you, I just have this disgusting feeling of unfairness, it really makes me sad.
    Pretty sure there is really not much to say to make u feel better for now so just take care of yourself and come back to us anytime.

My appt tmrw is at 10am then I'll have to run to get back to work. Will text here if I see delay happening.

Big big hug xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning @Billie2! Hugs!

To those who have an appt today, all the best! Hope you get some answers or at least some reassurances on next steps! Our thoughts are with you! Will check back in for updates later.

@MissTilly - MS is the weirdest thing. For once, you feel happy to feel sick, haha! Take care Hun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowLorikeet View Post
    I have an apt at 12.30. Hope the appt is reassuring and helpful @Billie2
    You will probably see me come out then. I will be the only patient Dr George sees without my DH, as he is north coast today. I'll be wearing baggy black pants. Im 5ft nothing & probably now under 50kg considering my week. Im petrified of it happening again so black is my new colour. Im lightheaded & tired today so I will have to take the train in. Life doesn't stop even when sh*t happens. Im just convinced something was punctured in my EPU.

Can I ask if anyone noticed blood from the catheter that they use to inject the embryo at transfer. So when they do the check into the petri-dish to make sure its all clear after transfer, mine had blood in the fluid. I cant remember seeing that in my first transfer. At the time i thought it was weird, but didn't say anything and assumed it was my lining. Will be interesting to see my af this weekend. That will be a good indicator if my uterus was involved. Just sux my embryo was good. I feel like absolute crap and ripped off. They are keeping me on Crinone and its frustrating me. Nothing would survive that much loss of blood. Its a reality check that IVF comes with risks and I am happy that I wont have to go through a cycle again. I will be telling Dr George that too.

Best wishes to all appts today. Sorry for the babble. xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 we might miss each other but as everyone else has said my heart goes out to you. I hope the fs can help. If you want to talk, I'll be there and carrying a banana. Random but at least identifiable! And all our thoughts are with you.

@LillyM thinking of you for your appt right now

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (25-02-2016),LillyM  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just coming back from appt (on time!) with Dr George.

Outcome of our Big Failure (yeah I call it that, I'm a very sarcastic person lol): unexplained. No s**t!

Sperm looked good pre and post-washed, eggs looked good. Can be sperm a tad weak not willing to enter the egg, or egg shell a bit too thick, they don't know.
    All they know is that there is less than 5% chances that it can happen, it's really rare... My luck will never cease to amaze me.

Anyway as I said here before, we didn't come to get answers but to take actions.
    So, next cycle will be full ICSI, same protocol. I'm happy with that.
    Going hardcore here, full invasive. Kinda freaks me out that we're reaching the last thing that can be done... after that, no back up plan...

Expecting next AF to come around the 11th of March - looking fwd to cycle with my fellow warriors.
    Can't wait to be back in the Game of Eggs... Ok that sounds a bit psycho... scrap that lol

@billies2 my thoughts are with you. Please update if you can <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got here, forgot the banana in my rush, holding red and purple bag, with red and black dots on my top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like a good plan @LillyM .

Dr George is copping the hard conversations today. Im finished & yet another set of bloods taken. She is checking my blood count (which I know is going to shock her), prog, estrog and cant remember the rest. She was going to examine me but not now since I said I haven't had any blood since midnight Tuesday night. She doesn't want to upset anything in there. She has given me a full week off till BT on wed. I need it. Im wrecked. She has requested my file from St George hosp. Its hard to explain to someone how much blood I lost. Its best she reads the notes. The images will forever be in my head.

Did anyone else know orange juice helps you absorb your tablets faster? Ive been told by the nurse to use orange juice when taking my iron tablets. My mum is a nurse and said that is right.

Im getting frustrated that I am supposed to carry on and pretend I could be pregnant. The gyno told me yesterday "fingers crossed the pregnancy progresses". What? Dr George kept referring to my preg BT and rest till then? Why? I cant pretend I didn't lose all that blood and it didn't bother a little embryo. Thats just ludicrous. I don't want false hope. Im a realist. Fact being, embryos cant swim in an ocean of blood. Will go home, have a cry and a sleep. Then wait for my BT result from today.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowLorikeet View Post
    Just got here, forgot the banana in my rush, holding red and purple bag, with red and black dots on my top.
    I got in as soon as I walked in. They pushed aside the appts. Had BT done & gone! First thing I saw on arrival was a lady with a toddler holding a banana. I thought that cant be right! She would mention a toddler before a banana.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha-ha yes I would have if I had one...sorry @Billie2 I missed you but I'm glad you're off home for a rest and not hanging around... I'm so hoping that they might be right on a positive BT...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 no way I can work today!

Been googling your "case" and it seems that heavy bleeding after ET, even tho impressive, actually can happen quite often.
    It doesn't mean that u lost your lil embryo for sure. In fact they don't seem to link the 2 events at all - that is the bleeding and the embryo survival.

You're 100% right not wanting false hope, I'm a realist myself and my reaction would be the same.

However it might not be the end of everything, for this cycle or a future one....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (25-02-2016)