Closed Thread
Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't even notice @VickyP.. Lol..
    Definitely a milestone for us all with the new thread..!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow for ur scan@Billie2 @RainbowLorikeet - all the best with polyp surgery!! @VickyP.. Low dose (75-100mg) Aspirin is supposedly good for ur lining, prevents blood clots from forming and therefore blood circulation to the uterus.
    I know most American IVF clinics recommend aspirin as part of their treatment but I'm not too sure about Aus clinics.
    I'm willing to try anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls Must be frustrating during the wait. I know what that's like esp if you ttc for many years. When I really first contacted Primary and was given 1st appn, I soon found out I had to go overseas for 2 months. When I came back I had to book my first appnt again and it went quickly from there. I hope you will keep busy until next appnt!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kona For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies!! Apologies for the MIA, crazy busy at work and absolutely knackered by the time I get home. Business as usual here, wake up, crinone myself up, lay in bed for another halfa, drag myself outta bed (not wanting to leave it and just be lazy all day), shower, dress & off to work. Then the reverse when I get home!

Got a bit of a reality check though yesterday while having lunch with 2 of my closest friends who now know I'm preggers and it almost seemed they were keen to burst my bubble of ignorance bliss ~ well one of them anyway. They both have bubs (both married after me and both pregnant within 3-6 months of being married) which I was naturally over the moon when they shared their news with me last year of their pregnancies. One told me at 7 weeks, the other at 12 after scan was all hunky dory. Anyway, I was telling them that I wanted to tell the grandparents and rest of the family at Easter which will hopefully make me around 11 weeks so I was like meh, close enough! One of my friends said I really should wait until 12 weeks scan which I get but definitely planted the seed of 'what if this goes wrong?'. Then asked me if I knew the success rate of IVF after a positive pregnancy test, this threw me into a downwards spiral later that afternoon, googling live birth success rates and whatnot. Had a bit of a rant to my other friend who was at lunch later via text but she's so tired with her Bub at the moment that she's not really up for ranting which I get. When I got home, I was still thinking about it. I thought, that question from me to get would be like 'so yay! You're pregnant naturally! Now what's the chance this is all going to pan out nicely for you?' I know she was only asking out of interest sake because IVF is so science based and there would be stats behind it but thanks for the reality check so soon that it's not all peaches & cream (which I know isn't the case because I feel like I need to put a disclosure at the end of each sentence if I'm talking about me like 'if it all works out' etc').

Anyway, feeling much better this morning and am telling myself not to let other people's comments get to me because I'm going to be getting so much advice as what to do what not to do in the future and everyone has their own way and does what works for them.
    @tjuls, I'm still in denial about the crappy outcome for you cycle buddy 😕 so annoying you can't get an earlier appt to discuss your FET. I think they need more staff because the clinic is becoming so popular! Lol! Hope the next week and a half flies by for you!! Xx

I'll have to re-read everyone's comments again to work out where everyone is up to again (a lot happens when you miss a day!) but sending lots of positive vibes to everyone!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (12-02-2016),VickyP  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! Love it @Billie2! Hehe! Can't wait to hear your update from this morning's scan!! Lots of follies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly I would let that information and questions from the friend go in one ear and out the other. Your hcg was incredibly high. Ive had 2 miscarriages naturally so I dont rate natural conception very high at the moment! IVF picks the best eggs and the best sperm (ICSI), natural conception doesn't have that benefit. Your friend has no education on IVF. They should be supportive and over the moon.

Im in my gown in the room. Is it ok to post with no undies on? 😄Sonographer hasn't arrived! Aisha was late on Tues as well!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (12-02-2016),VickyP  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf? #2

5 at 17/18 cm. They are text book from last scan, but still not much to play with. But I will take it. Im not getting younger. There were others there but she didnt count them. She said the 5 are my main players. Between scan and EPU things change. She isnt sure I will be ready for Monday!? So wait and see I guess this afternoon.

Best wishes today @RainbowLorikeet with your surgery.
    @Kookii how are you going in your 2ww? You are next up in the spotlight.
    @LillyM Im thinking of you.. Like me, your 2nd round will be better than your last. Stimming 2nd time round is not as exciting, but you expect more. I pray its our last time..xx

This is the article that is stuck in my head on aspirin & IVF;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...hank-baby.html

From other information I have read, its all about blood flow and the more blood flow & circulation the healthier our embryos can be. Its not for everyone, but my clots have always bothered me and with 2 miscarriages under my belt, I have nothing to lose by taking it..xx
    Last edited by Billie2; 12-02-2016 at 07:10.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (12-02-2016),LillyM  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016),tjuls  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2, congrats on your 5x lil warriors, 5 possibilities here, just sayin'...
    Let's see how they go, but EPU is happening for you by mid-next week for sure! How exciting!

I'm keeping busy researching and educating myself about ICSI since I'm pretty sure this will be the next step for us... Tbh I still don't understand why Primary didn't do half of my 6 eggs ICSI in order to avoid possible total failure which is what happened and the worst that can happen lol. Srsly, I still need to process it. Anyway.

I read that in most US clinics, they even do it automatically with every eggs for women having less than 10, and they do half/half above 10 eggs. Again to avoid the no-fertilization scenario. Food for thought... Can't help but be a bit upset that I haven't been given that chance...

Good thing is that ICSI show good results so I'm very hopeful and have high expectations for the next cycle...

However, there's a bit of everything about ISCI, some say it's riskier, some say it actually give you more chance since best egg/ sperm are selected...

For us it's a no choice thing anyway, but I'm curious about ladies stories who have been from IVF to ICSI? Pros/ Cons? Benefits?

Wishing everyone a good Friday! X

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly- I agree with Billie2- I would take what your friend said and throw it over your shoulders! I'm pretty sure she is asking out of concern but its a time for celebration than sitting around worrying til 12 weeks if the pregnancy is viable.
    Your HCG was high and THAT in itself is enough comfort. You have a better chance of a live birth with IVF than natural conception- Have you ever watched the doco called 'The Amazing Race'- if not, watch it! The hurdles those poor spermies have to go through in a natural conception is awe-inspiring.. take away all the major hurdles and you're already ahead of the game.
    I wouldn't worry hun.. You have a bun in the oven and it needs you to stay positive and be happy!. Remember- don't get too bogged down with the details.. take it as it comes xx
    @Billie2- 5 follicles at that size is really good! Depending on how much catching up the other follies need, maybe they will postpone EPU to Wed?..If so, Hang in there hun.. lets make the last cycle count!
    @LillyM - I'm sorry again about your cycle . I think clinics do ICSI automatically for >40 year olds.. everyone under 40, they attempt IVF first unless they know your infertility history or have a reason to do ICSI.
    With our FS apptment, Dr George gave us the option to do IUI or IVF, ICSI was never offered as she felt we were 'normal and healthy' and fertilisation wouldn't be a problem.
    ICSI is definitely better in terms of fertilisation option- there is a better chance this will produce a high quality embryo- because they select the strong sperm to fertilise the egg. I KNOW your next cycle will be excellent esp if they are doing ICSI on all of your eggs. I'm sorry I cant speak from experience- maybe @Kookii may be able to give her experience.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-02-2016),LillyM  (12-02-2016),MissTilly  (12-02-2016)