Closed Thread
Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1181
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Scary about ohss but I guess it will be worth it with a BFP !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely by Fri you would have a better idea of when EPU is @onedaymaybaby. I suspect u will have another scan on monday, trigger Monday night and EPU on wed.
    Just looking back in diary.. On cd9, I had a follicle measuring 16.5mm, 2x 15.50mm and a few 12mm and the rest were 10mm.
    I triggered on cd12 and EPU on cd14. Can't comment any further because it we don't know what ur E2 result is as this dictates how much they want to push u with the Gonal F before getting into that danger ohss zone.
    I got told i was at risk of ohss on cd9 but only got the all clear by Dr MacDonald at EpU.Hopefully that gives u a rough guide on when ur EPU is

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (27-04-2016),VickyP  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Action packed week I say!

Yup I agree with @tjuls - you will probably find out an estimate by Friday @onedaymaybebaby. Some people have 2 scans before trigger, most people have 3 I think. In my cycle, I only had 2 scans. 2nd scan was CD8 and then told to trigger midnight and ER was CD10, so I was on the "fast track" Heh. I think my E2 levels must have been at the second scan, so they told me to trigger immediately after that, and I still came down with ohss. I think during first 4-5 days after ER, I gained a total of something like 3kg with the water retention and seriously thought I might need to get hospitalised.

I think the nurses usually don't adjust the dosage unless they absolutely need to - they probably have to get the FS' go ahead to change the dosage so they try to stick with it.

For many of us, we stocked up on Gatorade (I bought the powder type - more economical and can last quite a while), coconut water, electrolyte drinks in preparation for ER. oh, and of course a heat pack does wonder. For me, I found eating salty food helpful to try to reduce the water retention, so I was on salty crackers, chicken biccys and instant noodles ALOT for like 2 weeks after ER plus only Gatorade. The key was to drink plenty of Gatorade / fluids and force yourself to pee - it helps recover quicker. I also eat Nulax, which is a fruit based laxative (safe for pregnancy) to help with the constipation.

Since ER is looming, you might just want to think about stocking up @onedaymaybebaby!

Cheering you on too @Lilpingu! and @tjuls!
    @hopefulangel1987, while I am thankful about how things have progressed since, I wished I knew and had read up more about ohss. For me, it was seriously quite scary because I gained 3 kgs in 4-5 days. Not to mention poor DH was constantly worrying about me.

I thought this was useful - in case anyone wants to read up more on ohss. http://www.whitneyanderick.com/a-rea...syndrome-ohss/

AFM, I am feeling SUPER bloated today. Constant feeling of nausea. Not complaining but not fun either and still constantly worrying about everything. Can't wait of my scan to come by next Tues (I moved it @tjuls, now on 3 May!). I also had to get new pessaries because my Crinone run out this week and surprising, after checking with the nurses, my dosage is going up from 80mg to 200mg!

Sorry about the long post, again.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (27-04-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (27-04-2016),tjuls  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I've been trying to catch up on all the pages since the weekend and don't have time at the moment to check in on everyone but had to quickly get this message off to @hopefulangel1987! I had a nursing appointment for Friday morning at 11am that I cancelled just around 4pm yesterday because my cycle is totally off (was on overseas holidays a few weeks ago, didn't temp but did opk, cm and cervix checks etc and was certain I ovulated but still no af even after my usual 13-14 day luteal). Anyway, you should call Primary first thing tomorrow morning to see if you can get that slot!! Good luck!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mimimoo For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (27-04-2016),tjuls  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP just read the article, wow it really puts it into perspective!! Im hoping I dont get it but if I do - pls pls plsss let it be mild 😐

So straight after ER the gatorade and salty foods should begin?

So glad about this group, learning so much the FS didnt go into detail about.

@Mimimoo I called primary this arvo and asked if there were any nursing cancellations for this week and they said no (someone must of taken your time) but thankyou hun x

AF still hasnt arrived, I will laugh if its late and I get it on my nursing appoint next wed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a very good read @VickyP . I didn't get ohss but no harm in educating myself for nxt time
    I'm sorry for bringing up the past @VickyP, but do u remember having nausea with ur MC ? Apparently it's a good sign if the nausea is bad. So I'm just thinking it could be a good sign that the preg is progressing well. I understand you want to be cautious until the scan before u fully relax and enjoy the ms
    That's great u moved ur scan!! U get to see ur lil bean earlier

I wonder y the huge change in prog dosage ? :?
    Welcome back @Mimimoo!! Hope u had a nice holiday away and I hope af better has a good reason for being late!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have just been out to dinner and come back to see the wealth of knowledge 😊 thank you again for all the info!

I didn't get time to update earlier but the nurse called me tonight, said everything looked fine and no concerns of OHSS at the moment yay! She didn't mention my e2 levels but said everything is tracking great! She also said we won't know for sure until Friday but is pretty confident my EPU will be Monday!! Eeeeek! 😬😬😬 It seems to be moving so fast!! I will be CD 12 on Monday! For the first time in this process the nerves have kicked in lol! I know I'll be fine but I've never been under any form of anaesthetic or sedation in my life! I'm not a control freak by any means but the idea of being under sedation and not in control waaaaah lol!! But it's all worth it and once it's done I'll be happy! At least if I have to do it again I'll know what to expect 😊

Just had my first Orgalutran, I see what they mean by it feeling harder to get into the skin! Didn't hurt at all though so I'm really happy with the whole injection phase, has not hurt one bit!

Thank you again ladies, I'll be off to the supermarket tomorrow to stock up on some EPU goodies 👍🏼

11. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats very good news @onedaymaybebaby!! And double yay for EPU on Monday!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    Thats very good news @onedaymaybebaby!! And double yay for EPU on Monday!!
    Thanks Hun 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOOHOO! @onedaymaybebaby, I am so excited for you - told you that time flies. Haha, can't wait for Monday to come. It's all looking fantastic for you!
    @hopefulangel1987, not everyone comes down with ohss, so don't worry about it too much. For me, I never thought I would come down with it. If I knew, I think I would have been better prepared.

Gatorade - yes, start after ER, but salty foods - only if you have ohss symptoms.

I also went back to work the next day and totally regretted it (partly because of the ohss). If you can take an extra day off after, it would be a bonus. Nice to be able to rest up.

Anyone else has any other tips?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (28-04-2016)