Closed Thread
Page 101 of 119 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1181
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WOOHOO @onedaymaybebaby! How did it go? First jab done and dusted eh?
    Have you been informed about your first BT / scan coming up?

@ABG79 - has AF arrived? (sorry, i usually *don't* ask this type of questions. LOL )

@tjuls, I can't wait for your "entertainment". I don't want the weekend to end soon, but I can't wait for Monday to come so that we get to follow your poas diary again!

My friend got her flowers - seems to have cheered up a little, so thanks to everyone for chipping in your thoughts. Hope it goes up from here.

PS: I have started looking around at private obs since i was forewarned by friends and even by GP that private obs are hard to book and can I say it's freak'ng expensive! Even with Medicare and PHI which covers the delivery bit of it, we will be out of pocket by $3k-4k. GEEZ. I haven't made any appointments but thought I might check it out first. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive since I haven't even had my scan to see how things are going and the last time I was excited about it all, it kind of ended at 7.5 weeks. Trying to take things slow but worried about being "too slow".... Agree with @RainbowLorikeet that this seems like a never ending worry fest. My acupuncturist says it's a 18-year worry fest to come.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Done and dusted @VickyP 😃😃😃 didn't feel a thing, a bit uneventful to tell the truth... but I like that, I'm so happy lol!!! A bit later than I'd hoped, I got held back at work so it worked out 9pm is when we are injecting! Yep scan/bloods thus coming Weds morning....watch this space!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAYYYY! Now, that's a start to a fab weekend @onedaymaybebaby! So happy for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP you are such a lovely friend and I'm glad to hear it's cheered her up a bit!
    @ABG79 have you tried @tjuls trick to get AF going? I'm waiting for mine to come (hopefully the next few days) so that I can knock over this cycle and the following one before stimming!! Hubby has the man flu and I asked if he was up for a visit from the "nurse"... Let's just say I will have to let nature take its course this time round LOL!
    @onedaymaybebaby awesome work on your first jab!

Have a wonderful long weekend, ladies

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimimoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo @onedaymaybebaby!! First jab over and done with. Can't wait to hear updates on wed. @VickyP .. Yes OBS are very expensive. You have other options if you are bit strapped for cash eg shared care if u have a good relationship with ur GP. Or alternatively, a private midwife. I went with shared care with ds but given the fact that we ended up as a emerg csection, we are hoping for an OB this time round, hence y we choose to go with Primary- save some $$ for the OB
    Definitely agree with @RainbowLorikeet. 18 years of worry but also 18 years of love @Mimimoo- sorry to hear ur hubby has the man flu..come on af!! @ABG79- yes if af isn't showing and you're certainly it's a BFN this cycle.. Time to summon af with the bding ..haha
    So glad the weekend is here. Last day of work for 2weeks. First time spending the dreaded tww at home doing absolutely nothing..haha. I'm sure the poas addiction will resurface @VickyP.. Watch this space

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMAO @Mimimoo! Yes, I remember @tjuls' advice on the AF "dance" but I love your "nurse appearance" more. LOL Too bad flu is causing some ermmm.... unwise decisions? haha!

Are you on leave @tjuls? Conscious decision or coincidental? I think it's great that you get some time off to rest although I agree it means that the TWW will be looooooong. LOL. It's ok, you can entertain us with whatever addictions you have, we will glue ourselves to this space!

Yes, private OBs are expensive but I am thinking along the same lines as you. Given my med history, I think I will feel safer with a particular OB than shared care. I will look around to find one that I like and not too expensive. Glad that I bought top hospital cover least year - the 12 months wait comes up late June, so phew, good timing. At least the last part of this is covered in a private hospital. Guess this is not much compared to college fees to come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was definitely a conscious decision @VickyP. Last cycle I went back to work the next day and carried on with life but with office politics and excess annual leave, I thought I'd rather spend the dreaded tww under a different type of stress (poas stress) ..haha
    I have a really good male OB that I go to and he is affiliated with RPAH and POW if u need his details let me know. I'm also happy to send u a copy of his schedule of fees for obstetrics.
    Good timing with the waiting period too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF arrived this morning and I've never been so happy about it! I did POAS yesterday and it was a BFN (knew it would be but thought I'd check anyway). I'm thinking my hormone levels must be completely back to normal, no sore boobs, no period pain, but did have a bit of irritability the past two days. But absolutely nothing compared to the aftermath of last cycle with OHSS!

Can I just say how much I love being a part of this group and the care we all show each other! Love you girls!
    @tjuls I think that's awesome you've taken 2 weeks off to look after yourself! You can go for nice walks, read books etc! Great decision!

Enjoy the weekend lovelies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    And we'll done @onedaymaybebaby I reckon the injections are so much easier after the first one! I was so anxious about doing it the whole week before and after it was done I was like, wow that was so easy ! Xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @tjuls! If you can PM me your Ob's details, that'd be great! I think I have found one and he does St George and Hurstville Private, both of which are pretty close to where I live, so bonus with that. He does sound busy though. I just want to make sure that I have compared enough Obs to make a good choice.

I think you made a fab decision to take leave @tjuls! poas stress is nothing compared to unnecessary office politics I think! Good that you are taking time to rest and just relax and enjoy - I am sure your beanie will like that too.

Agree that the jabs are not too scary, though I made DH do all my jabs for me because I am chicken with needles (can't poke myself). I think in general the antagonist (second jab that starts Day 4 /5) is scarier. Cheering you on @onedaymaybebaby!

YAY @ABG79, I absolutely agree with you. Couldn't be happier that AF came for me too. Not long now. So exciting!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post: