Closed Thread
Page 10 of 119 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Eagerly awaiting news from @Billie2!

Wow seems like everyone is being stuffed around today! Not good to hear.
    Finally AF arrived I'm getting bt for CD 2-3 today and pelvic ultrasound on Wednesday. We had to reschedule our appointment again with primary so now we are waiting till April.... Sigh. Hoping everything starts running smoothly for you ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf? #2

sorry I forgot about your cancelled cycle @VickyP. I'm terrible at keeping track 😬
    I've had 3 FETs, all natural no meds: BTs since day 12/14 to track ovulation, then a scan to check lining. Once I O, they told me when to start with progesterone, and finally transfer day (dpo3 or dpo5, depending on which day embies were frozen).
    Good luck! 💪

Already 2nd test @MissTilly! I'm sure that little bean is super comfy and growing strong!
    @Billie2 thinking of you!

Edit: Just got the letter from primary, only one embie frozen. None of the other ones survived 😔
    Last edited by Kookii; 15-02-2016 at 10:44.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Looks like thats not the case with Primary @Kookii..
    Just spoke to nurse and its confirmed we will NOT be doing our FET this cycle. Apparently, Primary doesnt do back-to-back transfers. ..
    So @VickyP, for a FET they do 2-3 BT ( depending on our natural cycle) and 1 scan leading up to ovulation. Once ovulation is confirmed they book us in for the FET. So basically the same protocol as our stimming cycles minus the injections and EPU.
    I'm gutted for us both but I was expecting it for me anyway. I know other clinics do back to back transfer-- well, i guess thats y they're paying alittle more than we are.
    So FET in March it is then! @StephyG- sorry to hear your apptment has been pushed back to April. .. Seems like we are all having a sh*tty Monday

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Kookii!! I'll see if my local chemist will take the yellow bin and if we're heading back down the Sydney I'll take the rest of the drugs back to the primary chemist 👍🏻 that's very Kookii too about your POAS result! I reckon it's the start of a very good sign seeing as thought BT is on Friday!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, that's sh**ty to hear @tjuls!

I think I am going to call up the nurse too. I didn't get to do my transfer the last round so technically it is not back to back for me! But I am now suspecting that it will take alot more time to go through the FET procedures than it initially looks, because it feels like starting a new cycle all over again with the tests and scans.

Need some clarity on what's going to happen. I don't want to spend $120 and then be told to wait again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, updates after nurse called me back - it looks like you are right, even in my case @tjuls.

FET (for reference):

They need to start on a brand new cycle, and count from CD1. Same protocol if I were going through stimming, just no jabs but same BTs and scans all the way until ovulation or "EPU" stage. So instead of EPU, they can scan to see if ovulation has occurred (i.e. egg is gone) and then 3 or 5 dpo, FET to get embryo in. If ovulation does not happen, they put you on meds and trigger ovulation. So the stages are basically the same.

So it looks like I can save my $120 after all. Otherwise, the other costs such as BTs and scans might not be bulk bill as well (though I didn't ask about those).

I wished they had told me this after I got ohss so that I could have planned better. They really shouldn't assume that people will wait 1 more cycle because it is bulk bill. They should have laid out the options and say this is what it is for bulk bill and/or what we recommend, and these are the costs you would incur otherwise.

Sorry to hear about the news @Kookii - beanie / baby dust for your bean growing inside you, plus 1 more sibling afterwards so that no more stimming for you either!

Looking forward to my acu appt tomorrow to destress.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info on FET @tjuls @VickyP @Kookii, very useful! And agree completely about the need to ask lots of questions! Just one point to add, which is only an issue if your DH travels for work, is that you both need to sign a consent form for FET. I had to get DH to sign this a couple of weeks ago, even though we signed the original consent form for the cycle, it doesn't apply to FET.. Even though at the point of EPU we knew we never going to do a fresh cycle! The consent form is valid for 2 FETs... This could have really stuffed us up if we didn't know in advance.

Having a bit of a rubbish Monday too, as I found out that my work colleagues are speculating about me being pregnant as I've been off two days for epu and polyps. And the gossip is led by someone who isn't a friend! Also another colleague has just announced she's pregnant. I'm delighted for her, it's lovely news, just adds to my impatience! But I figure go slow, get the right result!! I did however get the most beautiful get well soon card from my niece, so that helped!!

Thinking of you @Billie2 for epu and @Kookii .. And i'm sure ALL our weeks will get better. It's not really long to March!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the confirmation @VickyP and @RainbowLorikeet. It made me think really hard about Primary after conversation with nurse and what it means for our situation. I'm such an impatient person already and making me wait another cycle just for FET is really doing my head in .. I thought this whole ttc has taught me patience.. I guess not!!

BUT you are right @RainbowLorikeet- March is just around the corner. Looks like we will be cheering you ladies on from the side line this month @Billie2 @MissTilly @Kookii @unicorn2016 @Hopefulangel87

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im reading pages of updates and thought Id skip & give my results and then go back & read..

Half a dozen eggs thanks! I got a bonus one! 6 sweet eggs! I was expecting 5 max due to the scan progress. I had Dr Lukic. I love her. She was in the best mood. My experience was calm and there were laughs in the room between staff. I love Chow the Anaesthetist. It was very reassuring for me that it all went so well.

Im so happy and wanted to punch the sooky-lala next to me who was sooking over her 8 eggs in her first round. Her husband looked like her grandfather. Another lady got 0. Her follicles had popped. She did her trigger wrong time. Its not bloody hard to inject at the specific time! And they want to be parents! The other lady I had a great chat with got 11. It was her 3rd EPU and had 6 transfers under her belt. I hope she does well. She got 1 egg on her first round.

Im going to sleep. Thank you all for you well wishes and thoughts. Im extremely happy and don't think I could do any better than what I got.

Im actually so happy Im emotional. 😭

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (15-02-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (15-02-2016),StephyG  (15-02-2016),tjuls  (15-02-2016),VickyP  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Billie2!!! Have a lovely long snooze!!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-02-2016)