+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wood floor question - what can I use?

We have a routine rental inspection next week and I want to make the wooden floors look as nice as possible.

They are not modern polished boards, more of a rustic non-shiny wood and they scratch very easily.

What can I mop or polish the boards with to make them look good? I've got wood magic but it doesn't make them look any different, just cleaner obviously.

These are the floor boards:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455172496.718312.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My family members lay timber floors for a living and only ever recommend water with a dash of methylated spirits. Mop not too wet on timber floors. If you have used other products they tend to leave a film which actually makes floors grimier and make dust etc stick to them so you might need to do metho and water a couple of times to cut through the film. Straight metho on a cloth can be used to hand scrub bits of sticky stuff stuck on floors. Hope this helps. Steam mops can also be used on these floors if you are very careful that they aren't too wet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My favourite is hot kettle water with vinegar. The combination cleans well and dries fast. The vinegar smell goes after 10 mins so no stress with that either

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have old floor boards, I use bleach with a squirt of dish liquid or I use vinegar and a squirt of dish liquid.

very hot, freshly boiled kettle + that and they come up lovely