+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We try and take short breaks ie 3 nights and somewhere not too far away.
    Haven't taken the kids overseas yet. I figure they are still young so somewhere by the beach is enough to keep them happy.
    Next year hoping to take them to the snows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work 4 days a week and use after school care for 2 afternoons. The other 2 I'm lucky that my mum can collect the kids. Our school doesn't offer before school care so i have negotiated to start work later.
    School holidays are hard, its not easy to get time off work, often the kids stay with my parents during the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    How do you deal with the ~12 weeks/year of school holidays and the 3(ish)pm finish times?

We spend so much time talking and worrying about having accessible childcare so that parents can work, but it occurred to me that at least childcare is open for 10+ hours a day, most days of the year. Making it somewhat easier to work full time with a baby/toddler compared to a child who knocks off at 3 and gets a 6 week vacation.

So what do you do? After school care every day? Holiday programs? Send them to the grandparents for 2 weeks?
    Before and after school care, vacation care.
    Centre closes for two weeks over xmas, and we juggle that with time off and activities.