+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    More than I have. Reality killed that fantasy

This I always imagined I would have 3, but after my second I am pretty sure I'm done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I was younger I wanted 9, then I settled in my brain for 6.... Then I became unwell and Drs told me to have a hysterectomy at 16 yrs old. Shattered. I didn't agree. Now I have 2 amazing kids. The end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never imagined having kids growing up. I didn't pick names out or anything like that. When I got married I was in my 30s...DH was nearly 40... we sort of just agreed that we probably wouldn't have children.
    A couple of years on we thought maybe we'd try just once. And we lost our first baby. DH was heartbroken and he didn't want to try again. But we decided to but agreed that if we had another miscarriage we wouldn't try again. It's just too painful.
    And yep...we got pregnant with DD. She was born with a rare genetic syndrome that we both had to be carriers for. We had no idea.
    So we're definitely not having more kids.
    DD is enough for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I've always wanted 4. I have three and I can't see myself having another one due to circumstances. I'd love another one though. She says as she screams at her kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Growing up I had just 1 brother so when I was younger (teenager/early 20s) I thought I wanted 3 kids.

I used to watch Brothers and Sisters and they had 5 kids and I got to thinking I'd love 5 kids. It would be nice to have a mix of boys and girls and to see their different personalities from babies to adults......

Then! Had our first ( DH always wanted 3 as he had 2 siblings) and I swore black and blue she would be an only child. Undiagnosed silent reflux for almost 5 months, cows milk protein allergy, numerous food allergies, sleep deprivation...... Once we got all that sorted and she was in that nice 12-24 month old stage when we thought the worst was behind us, we got pregnant with DS only because I wanted to give DD a sibling, not because I desired another child (sorry DS) and then the terrible 2s happened, DS was born, 3s were worse than the terrible 2s, another baby with silent reflux and CMPI and I knew for sure we were done with 2.

It's not like it was with DD that once we got to the nice stage with DS we are even contemplating going there again. No way know on this planet will we have another, that dream (or image) of a big family no longer even exists.

In a way I wish we still just had 1 child, however I couldn't give up DS for the world.

So from 3 to 5 to 1 to 2 has been my transition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a teenager I wanted 4 kids. Twin boys then 2 girls 😜. We have 2 and are very content. I don't do pregnancy well and have had quite a few health issues so stopping at 2 was definitely the best decision to make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was around 12 my friend and I said we would have twin girls and live by the beach with our blonde hair blue eyed husbands..
    Then I was a teen and decided I didn't want any kids.
    Until I met dh then my mind changed and I we want 4. We at struggling to have 2 so any more than 1 will be a huge blessing.
    Oh and I married the complete opposite of blonde hair blue eyed man!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always wanted 1. And I wanted a boy.

My DH always wanted 2.

After we had DS we noth had no urge to have another untik he was about 2. Then it was a case of 'leave it to fate of we have 2'.

I am due mid April with our 2nd. And it is a girl. It did take me a loooooooooooooong time to get used to the idea of a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always wanted 3 or 4. I had 3 in 4 years, and am so happy and content with my 3, & would be 'ok' if 3 is all I have - especially reading about people who struggle to have 1. I am so busy with my 3, I can't imagine having more time for a 4th. I'd love to return to work and travel and do all those things that are possible when kids grow up. Yet I am still trying to shake the desire for a 4th. The maternal pull for another baby is SO powerful sometimes! So I dont know if I am done. I wish I felt 'done', but I really dont.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many children did you imagine you'd have...

I wanted 3, dh wanted 0 and I told him that if that was the case we should call it quits. He came around and liked the idea of just 1.
    We have one ds and now I'm happy with one, dh wants another
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 12-02-2016 at 14:30.