+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    got confirmation just now that tomorrow's inspection is cancelled & will be done in a month or so instead - just as well given I had done all of nothing towards tidying the house enough for it.

Because that just wasn't enough, now to find a way to meet the repayments that my energy company want to reconnect the gas they have just disconnected since I have zero money in my account & they want some immediate payment - who knew not eating or showering could be useful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    got confirmation just now that tomorrow's inspection is cancelled & will be done in a month or so instead - just as well given I had done all of nothing towards tidying the house enough for it.

Because that just wasn't enough, now to find a way to meet the repayments that my energy company want to reconnect the gas they have just disconnected since I have zero money in my account & they want some immediate payment - who knew not eating or showering could be useful
    Oh I'm so glad you've had that pressure taken off. I wish I lived close by, I quite enjoy cleaning, decluttering and organising.

I know you are in a very dark place and the prospect of cleaning would be a task much too large for you at the moment but could you maybe try to do a zone a day. Just give yourself 10 minutes of working on it at a time ... Set an alarm and after 10 minutes you can stop. It might help if you know it's not an all day task. It can be very overwhelming knowing where to start and without knowing the state of your house exactly I'd suggest you try starting in the kitchen if it's already been started. It can help you feel a sense of accomplishment.

I'm not trying to be condensing, just I've had a little experience ... I have GAD but I become a little OCD so cleanliness isn't my issue but sometimes I lack motivation for other things or I procrastinate. My sister also has bi polar and struggles to maintain a home so I try to help her out and she finds once she achieves a small task them sometimes it encourages her to attempt another. If she looks at her whole house though it's much too overwhelming.

Take care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I'm not trying to be condensing, just I've had a little experience ... I have GAD but I become a little OCD so cleanliness isn't my issue but sometimes I lack motivation for other things or I procrastinate. My sister also has bi polar and struggles to maintain a home so I try to help her out and she finds once she achieves a small task them sometimes it encourages her to attempt another. If she looks at her whole house though it's much too overwhelming.

Take care x
    not condescending at all - it is almost exactly what the CAT team have asked that I attempt to do today (well they wanted me to start with a shower but no hot water has put an end to that). Your sister is lucky to have you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey OP - what's happening today? Just read your journal entry and I'm worried about you.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    The CAT team have been monitoring things over the course of the day & decided to go with a crisis admission tonight so they will be here soon - here's hoping this time the ED doesn't discharge me without actual admission & without alerting the CAT team to that fact like last time given there are still apparently no beds in the psych ward

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    The CAT team have been monitoring things over the course of the day & decided to go with a crisis admission tonight so they will be here soon - here's hoping this time the ED doesn't discharge me without actual admission & without alerting the CAT team to that fact like last time given there are still apparently no beds in the psych ward
    Hun it's great to hear you are getting some help tonight. Fingers crossed the ED do things right and you get a chance to recharge and get some real help.

Here if you need to vent x