+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also had a thought - maybe help through the salvation army/st vincents etc etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never clean for inspections. They are checking that no damage is being done, you haven't abandoned it, checking on maintenance issues etc. There is no need to pick up toys, do dishes etc. It is not up to them to judge how you live. As long as your mess is not causing damage and not physically stopping them from doing the inspection I wouldn't worry. Even if they are not happy about it all they can do is tell you to fix it. Don't stress, life is busy, they'll understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - the CAT team agree that it would be an impossible task for me to do myself in that timeframe so are going to talk to the agent about rescheduling for a few weeks time & failing that talking to my DHS worker about what they can put in place with the services they are meant to be organising (if it was a few weeks or so on when I am likely to again have a case manager through the MHS then they would have been able to organise funding for both a cleaner & gardiner themselves apparently but not through the CAT team)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    I never clean for inspections. They are checking that no damage is being done, you haven't abandoned it, checking on maintenance issues etc. There is no need to pick up toys, do dishes etc. It is not up to them to judge how you live. As long as your mess is not causing damage and not physically stopping them from doing the inspection I wouldn't worry. Even if they are not happy about it all they can do is tell you to fix it. Don't stress, life is busy, they'll understand.
    Some property managers unfortunately do judge you on how neat and tidy your house is. One property manager I had decided that she wanted my place to be like a show home EVERY inspection and was soooo critical of everything and no matter what I did my clean wasn't good enough for her.

My latest property manager likes to see that the house is actually lived in and she doesn't care if my sons room is untidy or has toys on the floor.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how little can you get away with

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDanceMum View Post
    Some property managers unfortunately do judge you on how neat and tidy your house is. One property manager I had decided that she wanted my place to be like a show home EVERY inspection and was soooo critical of everything and no matter what I did my clean wasn't good enough for her.

My latest property manager likes to see that the house is actually lived in and she doesn't care if my sons room is untidy or has toys on the floor.
    This.

We stayed up cleaning till 1am for ours. House had to be spotless.

She took 60 photos of our spotless house, including the face washer hanging on the bath tap, which she notated as 'messy'. Stoopid cow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    Thanks - the CAT team agree that it would be an impossible task for me to do myself in that timeframe so are going to talk to the agent about rescheduling for a few weeks time & failing that talking to my DHS worker about what they can put in place with the services they are meant to be organising (if it was a few weeks or so on when I am likely to again have a case manager through the MHS then they would have been able to organise funding for both a cleaner & gardiner themselves apparently but not through the CAT team)
    Good luck OP.

Keep smiling 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    oh I got chipped once for having an 'untidy' yard ... my then 2 year old had been playing with like 3 boxes and they were in the yard :/

it was noted, I was notified that it needed to be 'clean' lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're doing a fantastic job of hanging in there OP. I think you're doing an amazing job.

I hope the relevant people are able to help. Thank god I've never rented as I would have ZERO chance of ever passing an inspection and I don't even have an illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You're doing a fantastic job of hanging in there OP. I think you're doing an amazing job.

I hope the relevant people are able to help. Thank god I've never rented as I would have ZERO chance of ever passing an inspection and I don't even have an illness.
    I agree. If I was close I'd offer to come over and help.

I know its so hard but you are hanging in there are coping so well in your circumstances. Your son is lucky to have you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default how little can you get away with

Hang in there OP. We're here if you need support or just a good old vent xx