+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    as long as a date is booked in they shouldn't care when it is
    my real estate will never rechedule, I was hospitalised with a severe asthma attack the night before my inspection once, I attempted to re-schedule, got released at 8 am and was inspected at 9 :/

in terms of bare minimum, anything dirty or smelly remove, grab a can of glenn 20, remember theyre not inspecting your life choices (laundry not folded or toys on the floor) theyre inspecting to make sure there is no damage (so make sure floors / walls are clean, clean bathroom and kitchen)

grab a nice smelling candle and Id make sure youre entry is clean, I find if my entry (door/ steps) are relatively clean adn there is just general untidy (not dirty) the real estate dont care

Thanks
    Reviews
    youre also ment to get 7 days written notice of inspection, if the note is mailed the real estate are ment to give a further 3 days to allow for mailing and receiving, if under this time you may be able to say no, not enough notice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We own a rental and I rented before owning. My biggest concern is any damage to the place. I don't care if it's not spotless, just clean enough to know that the tenant is taking some pride and not trashing the place.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (11-02-2016),Nemmi1987  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is bad enough that the state of the house was a part of the reasoning of DHS that atm I am not functioning enough for DS to be living at home with me - it is not just messy. The kitchen is semi clean, only because someone who was asked if she could care for DS but couldn't came & cleaned it a bit & I have no appetite to bother eating anything (she can't help now as she is overseas).

There is no money to pay for assistance with trying live only on DSP & FTB atm & no other friends/family.

I will talk to the CAT team & see if they can help to either reschedule or suggest what else I can do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Rooms would be tidy, but lived in (it's not a show house).
    Floors clean.
    Toilets, sink, shower and bath clean.
    Laundry in baskets but not necessarily put away.
    Kids room tidied by kids.
    Garden maintained but not necessarily freshly cut.

Had an inspection two weeks ago, and they were very happy but asked about a few things, which I said are monthly jobs here- dusting, etc. They were fine with that.

ETA: I make sure bins are empty, or at least not smelly too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    It is bad enough that the state of the house was a part of the reasoning of DHS that atm I am not functioning enough for DS to be living at home with me - it is not just messy. The kitchen is semi clean, only because someone who was asked if she could care for DS but couldn't came & cleaned it a bit & I have no appetite to bother eating anything (she can't help now as she is overseas).

There is no money to pay for assistance with trying live only on DSP & FTB atm & no other friends/family.

I will talk to the CAT team & see if they can help to either reschedule or suggest what else I can do
    Sounds like you are going through a rough time..but is this not incentive to get in and get the house clean and tidy? Do you have friends or family you could call upon to help you out? Are you physically unable to get in and get it done at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    Sounds like you are going through a rough time..but is this not incentive to get in and get the house clean and tidy? Do you have friends or family you could call upon to help you out? Are you physically unable to get in and get it done at the moment?
    I'm gathering from that you have absolutely zero clue how debilitating severe depression & anxiety can be & that no, you don't suddenly get incentive to do things. Right at this point in time, getting through every day relatively unharmed & alive is an achievement - anything else really doesn't matter. And when your predominant thought is that your child needs for you to no longer be alive to have an anywhere near decent life then no, him being removed from the home does not give you incentive to suddenly get over how you are feeling

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

jb23  (11-02-2016),PomPoms  (11-02-2016),sunnyflower  (11-02-2016),Wise Enough  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm gathering from that you have absolutely zero clue how debilitating severe depression & anxiety can be & that no, you don't suddenly get incentive to do things. Right at this point in time, getting through every day relatively unharmed & alive is an achievement - anything else really doesn't matter. And when your predominant thought is that your child needs for you to no longer be alive to have an anywhere near decent life then no, him being removed from the home does not give you incentive to suddenly get over how you are feeling
    Sorry, not a mind reader, nothing was mentioned of that in your post! I don't know your history. I'm sorry to hear you are in that position...and yes I do have an idea of how hard it is.

Do you have some friends and family you can ask for help to get the house in a reasonable state for the inspection?

I hope things improve for you and you are getting the help you need. Best of luck with the inspection x

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kellbell85 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-02-2016),Cherry18Bloss  (11-02-2016),Meld85  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would your CAT team be able to help you out? Eg: negotiate a different date for inspection or perhaps arrange a cleaner/handyman?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this something that you can mention to the agent? That you're struggling ATM and that as a gesture of goodwill could they please postpone for a little while.

I have rented & also have had tenants and honestly if someone said that the tenant is not well I'd definitely be cutting them some slack, as long as there was no damage to the property.

Hope u can work something out.