+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Shapewear..

Does it work? For the bigger girls I mean. More specifically the shorts you can get. Do they roll up on the legs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Spanx brand don't roll up on the legs, or at the top if you get the 'higher power' version. They won't make you skinny but boy do they smooth out the lumps and bumps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i find them uncomfortable to be honest. depends how big your legs are... if you have chubby/fat legs then i find it digs in, you can see it under garments as it's so tight around part of your legs and then not... it's a prick when you have to go to the toilet.. feels like you have to heave it over your stomach and bum.. bugger it, i let it all hang out. lol. not worth it not even spanx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    It will likely only be worn for special occasions. I'm big and I'm fine with that. I won't say I'm thrilled but I'm OK with it. My blood tests say I'm healthy, in not exactly the fittest these days though.

It's not so much to make me smaller as it is to smooth and even out a few bumps and lumps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never had a problem with them but rarely wear them (only for special occasions). I just ordered some from Bella Bodies to wear under my Brides maid dress for my Sisters wedding (she is getting married 6 weeks.....2 weeks after I have my 5th baby). They reviews I found online (independent of their website) were very positive and the prices were good. Postage was very fast as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Splurging on spanx is worth it and don't be tempted to buy them too small. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    It will likely only be worn for special occasions. I'm big and I'm fine with that. I won't say I'm thrilled but I'm OK with it. My blood tests say I'm healthy, in not exactly the fittest these days though.

It's not so much to make me smaller as it is to smooth and even out a few bumps and lumps.
    Then Spanx will do the job and are worth the extra money. Also as Po said don't be tempted to buy them smaller - otherwise they will dig!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love Bella Bodies for shapewear. I have their smoothing shorts and belly bands. The shorts don't roll on the leg at all and once you get in and move around in them they're not hard to pull off and on to use the loo.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I will have to check those brands out. I want to wear some with a corset so I figure I need something to help smooth the bottom half out a bit.