+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub was posterior and my labour was relatively short. From active labour to babe in arms was 6-7 hours.

It was very painful but more because he didn't engage and therefore wasn't pressing on my cervix, so my body had to do all the work. He turned just before he came out... but stuck a hand up so I got a 3rd degree tear haha. He's so cheeky. He was breech too til I got him turned.

So interested to see if my next bub is the same as to whether it is my pelvis or something.

Anyway! GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to read your good news xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A little update, today Bub was in LOP instead of ROP, and it's head is apparently facing the right way. It appears he/she is turning in the right direction. OB was not concerned the body was OP because of good head position - she says body should easily turn OA in labor. Now to keep it that way!
    Feeling much more confident regardless, having read all of your stories and have a good stock of positions and exercises to use during labor etc.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-02-2016),wobbleyhorse  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay! Clever little bubba. Good luck for the birth, such an exciting time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear bub has moved to more favourable position

Both my bubs were posterior. The first time my ob kept me blissfully unaware that DS was posterior throughout my pregnancy, which was good as I didn't stress about it and about 80% posterior bubs rotated before birth anyway. Only found out in labour when I needed to push that he was posterior. Labour was quick: 5 hrs from start to fully dilated, 2 hrs pushing then needed forceps to rotated and pull DS out. Internal stitches needed but no episiotomy coz I asked them not to cut me!!

Second time I was worried about having another posterior bub but bub was always anterior.....until I had my waters broken and then DD flipped onto her back!! We saw it happen but didn't realise until again I started to push and ob told me. This time tho I pushed DD out sunny side up, with only gas and Tens machine to help. Seeing her little face as she came out was amazing, not many get that view

I laboured early on standing up leaning forward on the bed raised and then on my knees facing into the bed (top of the bed in vertical position). For the pushing part I was on my side. I refused to go on my back and also the fit ball was horrible!! So my advice would be you can do it! Find and use positions that are comfortable and work for you in labour. I hope you get your vbac

8. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My oldest was a completely posterior labour and birth. He was also 4.62kg with a 38.5cm head circumference, so it definitely was not an easy birth by any stretch. But I managed without pain meds, I did require an episiotomy however.

Labour was 13 hrs and the back pain was horrendous, contractions were on top of each other and I felt like I had zero recovery time between them.

I think if he wasn't my first baby it would have been easier to handle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds3 was head down but lying sideways, I think it's called side posterior. He was that way until labour and the ob turned him on delivery. I had the epidural so didn't feel much and ds3 had the cord around his neck and had a knot in his cord but was/is perfect

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Ds3 was head down but lying sideways, I think it's called side posterior. He was that way until labour and the ob turned him on delivery. I had the epidural so didn't feel much and ds3 had the cord around his neck and had a knot in his cord but was/is perfect
    I always wonder how babies go when born with the cord around their neck? So it's not dangerous at all? Do they untie it or cut it straight away? I'm hoping to delay cord cutting but was wandering what if it's around the neck...

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I always wonder how babies go when born with the cord around their neck? So it's not dangerous at all? Do they untie it or cut it straight away? I'm hoping to delay cord cutting but was wandering what if it's around the neck...
    DS had the cord wrapped around his neck twice. When they saw it they told me to stop pushing (ha!) and just flicked it over his head to release it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (19-02-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Apparently about 1/3 babies have the cord wrapped around their neck. It's usually not a problem, as hakuna matata said they just flick it over.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I should update this thread. DS2 was born on 4 March after a 5 hour 40 min labor. I had a successful VBAC but yes the little guy was well and truly posterior the whole time, I had to labor standing and wide squatting, as forward leaning positions were causing the front of my cervical lip (?) to swell. As he was so deeply engaged no amount of hip circles etc would have turned him and he couldn't fit through posterior so had a little help from the ventouse to turn on his way out. 4 contractions later he was born and I'm totally happy with the outcome.
    Seems he was always destined to be posterior 😂.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-03-2016),akakura  (13-03-2016),Lovemysons  (13-03-2016),Mad84  (13-03-2016),Mamasupial  (13-03-2016),My Beloved Ones  (13-03-2016),Nemmi1987  (13-03-2016),RedCreamingSoda  (13-03-2016),turquoisecoast  (13-03-2016),twinklify  (13-03-2016)