+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Moral compass questions

Just for fun..

You can only answer yes or no.

1) could you marry for convenience? Eg for residency, for money, to gain cheap labour in the form of house maid/babysitter/on demand s3x, etc

2) would you dob in a workplace for breaking the law if it meant close friends or family would lose much needed jobs. Eg fruit pickers exploiting workers, restaurants sourcing produce from black market, beauty salons hiring very cheap, untrained labour.

3) if you accidentally broke a cheap toy in a large department store would you put it back without telling anyone?

4) if you were running very late for an important appointment and saw an elderly man broken down and trying to push the car to the side of the road would you stop to help? (There are plenty of other people driving passed)

5) same scenario as above but mid 30s male broken down?

6) If you were really struggling week to week to buy groceries for you and your family and walked passed a homeless person begging for food would you give them any?

7) if you had food poisoning and started feeling better would you pretend to feel sick just that little bit longer?

8.) have you ever taken batteries out of a kids toys so it won't keep making annoying noises?

9) if you had to choose between an important after hours business do and a milestone family do, would you choose the work do?

10) do you think your moral compass points the right way?

Eta:

11) was there at least one question that was near on impossible to answer a simple yes or no?
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 10-02-2016 at 12:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=DesperatelySeekingSleep;8402768]Just for fun..

1) could you marry for convenience? Eg for residency, for money, to gain cheap labour in the form of house maid/babysitter/on demand s3x, etc

No

2) would you dob in a workplace for breaking the law if it meant close friends or family would lose much needed jobs. Eg fruit pickers exploiting workers, restaurants sourcing produce from black market, beauty salons hiring very cheap, untrained labour.

Yes

3) if you accidentally broke a cheap toy in a large department store would you put it back without telling anyone?

No

4) if you were running very late for an important appointment and saw an elderly man broken down and trying to push the car to the side of the road would you stop to help? (There are plenty of other people driving passed)

Yes

No

6) If you were really struggling week to week to buy groceries for you and your family and walked passed a homeless person begging for food would you give them any?

Yes

7) if you had food poisoning and started feeling better would you pretend to feel sick just that little bit longer?

Yes

8) have you ever taken batteries out of a kids toys so it won't keep making annoying noises?

Yes

9) if you had to choose between an important after hours business do and a milestone family do, would you choose the work do?

No

Yes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    My answers

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

8 ) have you ever taken batteries out of a kids toys so it won't keep making annoying noises?

No

No

Yes

I know I asked the questions but even I really struggled with some of these.
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 10-02-2016 at 13:29.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (10-02-2016),SuperGranny  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

8) have you ever taken batteries out of a kids toys so it won't keep making annoying noises?

Yes.

No.

yes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Balfour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=DesperatelySeekingSleep;8402768]Just for fun..

*Yes, i think I would consider it for residency purposes.

* yes

*yes

*yes

* No

*yes

*No

8.) have you ever taken batteries out of a kids toys so it won't keep making annoying noises?

*Nope.

* My family? Then family do. In-laws? Then work function

* Mostly, yes I think so.
    Last edited by Barnaby; 10-02-2016 at 11:51.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

No

Maybe (honestly can't decide!)

Yes

Yes

Probably not

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Most of the time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Just for fun..

1 no
    2 yes
    3 yes probably
    4 no
    5 no
    6 no
    7 no
    8 no but I probably would
    9 no I'd choose the family do
    10 yes however I don't believe the answers to these questions reflect that perhaps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1 - No
    2 - No
    3 - No
    4 - Yes
    5 No
    6 No
    7 No
    8 Yes
    9 No
    10 Yes

15. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I added an extra question just now.

No need to edit or answer because I'm sure everyones answer would be yes.

I got to thinking about AI and free will and empathy after that other thread and I'm not so sure on where I stand anymore. It's hard for actual human beings to answer such questions based on grey areas let alone a robot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No

No - I always thought I would, but recently found myself in this position - my teenage child has a job and is being paid about $1 below award wages. I am so torn. My child needs the job and likes working there, but I hate the exploitation.

Yes

Yes - I found this one really hard to answer. I would like to think I would.

Yes - again I hope that I would.

Yes - I have given homeless people money that I really couldn't afford to give away.

No

Yes

No

Yes

Eta:

11) was there at least one question that was near on impossible to answer a simple yes or no?
    Yes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post: