+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that the consistency and routine of going for a whole year before starting school is important. But 5 days a week is a bit much. My kids went 2 days a week (6 hour days) for 2 years before school.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Is preschool/kindy too much for a year....

Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    5 days for 4 hours per day.
    I think that's too much - plus it makes it hard to plan your day around 4 hours ! DS only went 2 days as we had other activities on the other days

The school he is at now had pre prep (4year olds) and it was a 5 day a week program but I think that was too much plus I wanted to spend time with him doing things while I was off work as well so I sent him to a privately run local pre school

There must be other privately run pre schools who can let you do 2 or 3 days?

Hi, I think you are talking about a early learning center attach to an independent private school. If it is Westminster or Annesly, you can do 2 days per week. But it has to be full 2 days. Most independent school has 2 years intake. If it is the case, they would prefer 5 days lead up to the actual school start. Otherwise, you can start with say 2 days and by the term 4, may be 4 -5 days.
    Regarding fees, as far as I am aware, most early learning centers are registered child care centers (i.e you can get CCB and CCR depending on your working situation).
    You can send your child to a government kindy in SA for very minimum fee (about 100 per term). I think requirement is 15 hours per week. Even if you are planning to send him to a private school, you can send him to a government kindy if you like. Most of my friends end up sending their kids to government kindy even thought kids enroll at Catholic schools. However, independent school would prefer if your kid attend their own early learning center. You can always ask.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hksl For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (11-02-2016)