+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When hairdresser get it wrong - do you go back and complain?

So went to the hairdressers today for the first time in like 6 months, paid a small fortune and I am not happy with the cut OR the color!! I have the same colour all the time ( sunkissed kind of blonde , bright not dull) , I showed photos and everything and I have come out with a dull, mousy, blonde. I am so not happy. I also just wanted a normal, shoulder length bob - which I have but it looks like if you cut a barbie dolls hair. My hair is dead, dead straight and now it is all flicky up at the sides , no shape. DD could have done it. Again - showed a photo. I will go tomorrow again but what a waste of 3 hours ( that I do not have) and now I have to go through the awkwardness of telling them that they did a crap job! I usually end up going to a different hairdresser when things go wrong but this cost so much I can't afford to. Do you go back and complain? Do hairdressers mind if you do? Can they make it blonder so soon after getting it today? I just don't have time for this crap!! Why can't they just do what you ask???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had this happen to me with a colour. I knew the hairdresser which made it awkward but she was more than happy to fix it. She actually felt bad that it wasnt what I was after and happily corrected it free of charge. She told me she was glad I contacted her rather than feel unhappy and not return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once my DDs hair was butchered. I said there and then it didn't look any good. They offered to "fix" it but I didn't want them to make it worse. Her fringe was already about 1cm long by then 😕. I paid and left, and will never go back.

I took my other DD for her first hair cut on the weekend. Went to a walk in place and they fitted then both in. She did a great job on DD1s hair. But DD2 just has fluff that had a few long strands at the front and only took 1minute. Both hair cuts $22 each. I said I was surprised at the price, but paid and left, and again will never go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. I've always gone back.
    I explain what I didn't like and how the outcome wasn't what I wanted.
    And they've tried to fix it up and improve it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't go to hair dressers. Just do it myself. Last time I tried to have my hair coloured, they forgot about me and the bleach burned my head and was covered in blisters. The colour was horrid and the cut was rubbish. They offered to fix it for free but no way I could go back. I couldn't even brush my hair for weeks.
    Now I cut my own hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely go back. They'd rather you go back and tell them you're not happy than lose you as a client. They should fix it for free. I've had to do it once and it felt so awkward because I know the lady that owns the salon and I thought it would make going there awkward but she was happy to organise someone to fix it up for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go back and express your disappointment and ask what can be done to fix. Despite the massive inconvenience it's the only choice you have apart from going elsewhere and forking out more money and time. (Or live with it knowing it will grow back).

There is plenty they can do despite it just having been coloured, they may need to strip and reapply a different colour/toner. The cut is another thing - they'll obviously be limited in what they can do there.

I recently went to a hairdresser for the first time ever (had my hairdresser mum always do my hair previously). Lucky for me I loved what they did, but it took 4 hours so I too would have been peeved (or in tears) if i hadn't liked the end result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a terrible haircut once. I asked for chin length with some layers and a wispy fringe. She gave me a bob and a choppy, almost straight cut fringe. I looked twelve and cried when I got home. There was no point complaining because I did not want her cutting my hair any shorter to try and "fix" it. What was done, was done. I tied it back for 6 months and waited for it to grow long enough for me to be comfortable getting it cut again. Luckily, the next time was much better with a different hairdresser.

I think I screwed up, though because when I asked for chin length with some layers, she asked "you mean a bob?" and I said "like a bob, yes", but I didn't mean an actual bob. I thought I was pretty clear with my first request.

Anyway, a bad cut is one thing, but it would suck to get a bad colour because you can't really hide that. I would buy a box of dye and colour it brown out of fear of them making it worse, but if you want blonde, you would need to go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update, I did vo back and they fixed it. ☺They said the back was ok with colour but she didn't do the top correctly. So glad I went back.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (10-02-2016),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (10-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (10-02-2016),PinkPopsicle  (10-02-2016),sunnygirl79  (10-02-2016),Tinkers  (10-02-2016),Wise Enough  (10-02-2016)