+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off the pill...HELP!

So I have just come off the pill end of dec/ start of jan. AF was due Saturday and no sign Of it. I have always been regular even before I was on the pill.

My question is for you lovely ladies that have stopped the pill to ttc how long did it take for you to get your first period again if that makes sense?? Or did you fall pregnant straight away?? Is that even possible?? Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went off the pill years ago and it took quite a while for my period to come. Can't remember exactly, maybe 60 days? The following few cycles were different too. I had been on the pill for several years. And I did fall pregnant about 4 (?) cycles after coming off the pill - we weren't trying, I just had my ovulation dates all wrong due to the irregular cycles (which had always been regular before the pill).

And yes it's absolutely possible to fall pregnant straight away before you even get a period - so Prob worth doing a HPT and keeping some handy if you are trying.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

mummys2maddi  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I went off the pill years ago and it took quite a while for my period to come. Can't remember exactly, maybe 60 days? The following few cycles were different too. I had been on the pill for several years. And I did fall pregnant about 4 (?) cycles after coming off the pill - we weren't trying, I just had my ovulation dates all wrong due to the irregular cycles (which had always been regular before the pill).

And yes it's absolutely possible to fall pregnant straight away before you even get a period - so Prob worth doing a HPT and keeping some handy if you are trying.

thankyou for replying , I took a test on sunday morning but bfn. Will test again on the weekend if AF hasn't turned up. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went off the pill at the end of October. It took 41 days to get my first period. My second cycle was 31 days and I'm currently at day 29 of my third cycle. This one is looking like it will be about 34-35 days unless I get a BFP 😊
    Everyone is different but it is certainly normal for your body to take a while to kick back into gear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Wing For This Useful Post:

mummys2maddi  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a faint bfp positive on Friday and did another on Sunday and it was darker. Went for bloods and my levels only come back at 8. I have done a test tonight and its negative, think I have lost this one.