+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Restavit. Apparently totally safe in pregnancy and knocks you out big time. I took half a tablet after a night shift and slept all day so be careful maybe start with a quarter. Sold over the counter at chemists.
    My friend took it for morning sickness alone but originally for sleeping
    Restavit is doxylamine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    From memory, Doxylamine is CatA. Used for sleeping and MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    Yup it's an A! Safe to use in pregnancy.
    It's quite sedative though.
    I remember a friend bought it and it said take 1-2 tabs. He took 2 and slept for 48hrs!
    It's great for sleeping but start on a quarter to a half a tab!
    Phenergan is a category C.
    I love you both! I'll make sure to get some before my next lot of nights. I *think* I've used Unisom before which for memory are doxylamine, so I'll give the restavit a crack. Thanks all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So I went to the pharmacy the other day to buy Restavit. I asked the guy to double check it was a category A as it says on the box to not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. He spoke to the pharmacist then came back and told me to take a good multivitamin! Screw you buddy. Now I have to go to another pharmacy to buy it. All the drug info I can find online about Restavit all says not to use in pregnancy/breastfeeding but also says it's a category A. How confusing?! I was also looking into Unisom as that's also a category A and has no such warnings about not using in pregnancy or breastfeeding, but I can't find anyone who has it (online anyway). All I could find was people talking about how heroin addicts would suck up the gel from the capsules and inject it so lots of places don't stock it anymore... Why do a few have to ruin it for everyone else. I have 3 nights coming up this weekend and I want to be prepared!

I asked my sister the other day what she took and ended up on the receiving end of a lecture about how night shift is bad, research has shown increased risk of prem babies, low birthweight babies and a thousand other things so I should just not do night shift. She stopped at 7 weeks so therefore I should stop now too (not even a confirmed pregnancy mind you). I can just imagine the look on my bosses face if I were to tell her no more night shifts. Unless I become unsafe I see no reason to stop. The penalty rates are very much appreciated and we would definitely suffer if I went to only earlies and lates!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    So I went to the pharmacy the other day to buy Restavit. I asked the guy to double check it was a category A as it says on the box to not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. He spoke to the pharmacist then came back and told me to take a good multivitamin! Screw you buddy. Now I have to go to another pharmacy to buy it. All the drug info I can find online about Restavit all says not to use in pregnancy/breastfeeding but also says it's a category A. How confusing?! I was also looking into Unisom as that's also a category A and has no such warnings about not using in pregnancy or breastfeeding, but I can't find anyone who has it (online anyway). All I could find was people talking about how heroin addicts would suck up the gel from the capsules and inject it so lots of places don't stock it anymore... Why do a few have to ruin it for everyone else. I have 3 nights coming up this weekend and I want to be prepared!

I asked my sister the other day what she took and ended up on the receiving end of a lecture about how night shift is bad, research has shown increased risk of prem babies, low birthweight babies and a thousand other things so I should just not do night shift. She stopped at 7 weeks so therefore I should stop now too (not even a confirmed pregnancy mind you). I can just imagine the look on my bosses face if I were to tell her no more night shifts. Unless I become unsafe I see no reason to stop. The penalty rates are very much appreciated and we would definitely suffer if I went to only earlies and lates!
    Sorry your having problems, i can assure you none of the nurses ive worked with me included have had prem bubs and i wouldnt class my 8lb6oz bub low weight despite me vomiting up to.a.dozen times a day till day i had her. Nights are hard but depending what you do can be easier. Im a nurse and just looking after patients over night is easier and dealing with only 1-2 awake at a time is doable i know i cant cope showering and bending to help people dress or toilet all day shift.
    I dont take anything to help me sleep as they dont work on me unfortunately and ive just learnt to deal with it as have done permant nights last 4 yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure they use Restavit for morning sickness? So must be safe in pregnancy?
    I use Restavit fairly regularly ( nor pregnant though ) Half a tablet is plenty, and I don't get a "hangover", bit slow to wake up but not the cotton wool head I got from other sleepers. I would start with quarter tab..might be enough to get you off to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure ive heard of it for ms so yes definitely has to be ok. Some pharmacists let things go to their heads, i had 1 tell me i shouldnt be using lactulose as could be harmful yet he was dispensing oxycontin and endone to someone more heavily pregnant to me. Id go to a different pharmacy if its something you wish to try and dont let your sis tell you what you should do as per what she did you can make your own choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took nights off for from about 12-20 weeks because of morn sickness then went back into nights for the rest and my baby was 9 pounds and a week late. Do what your body can handle not what others tell you! I wish I could stop work at 7 weeks!!!
    Good luck with the restavit. I guess if u ask the question to the pharmacy they will save no to cover their own butts anyway.. Maybe ask your gp or ob to be sure but I know a few ladies that have taken it for HG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just found this thread. I use melatonin and find it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Melatonin is apparently a no go. One of my friends had been using it but had to stop because of TTC. I'm not sure what category it's in, but she had to stop taking it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phenergan n Restavit were part of my Hyperemesis Drug regime.. They were the safer first line ones so obviously check with your doctor but certainly safe as per the Women's and Children's nausea and vomiting in pregnancy algorithm..