+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I didn't see anyone drop it then yes. Who would I hand it to otherwise? Would hardly take it to centre management, it's not a traceable item it could belong to anyone. Pretty sure I've found $10 on the ground in the carpark before, I think hooray my lucky day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Shells85  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Doesn't matter. Picking up $20 on the ground and keeping it and using someone else's wifi is wrong.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (09-02-2016),sunnyflower  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    but as the pp pointed out, it's not a traceable item. I don't understand who you're supposed to give it back to?

if I saw a wallet that contained $20 no way would I keep it as the wallet would likely contain traceable items that would enable me to return it to its rightful owner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If someone has lost $20, they may go to centre management & ask if anyone has handed it in. It doesnt matter if its 'traceable' or not. They're relying on the honesty of strangers to have their money returned.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably leave it there in the hopes that the owner would rush back & happily find it where they dropped it!
    Wallet, phone, larger denominations of money I'd take to centre management or a larger store where they have policies about that sort of thing.
    At the pharmacy we have had success finding the owner of lost cash by reviewing the cctv, but that's probably because we recognised the customer so not sure if that would work in a mall situation, but worth a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    would anyone seriously do that though? people would assume it's fallen out of their wallet and they've lost it. ok maybe there's the 1% of the population who would check with centre management.

however, you're also relying on the honesty of centre management staff. what's stopping them pocketing the $20? again, it's not a traceable item so there's no proof it was ever handed in therefore they're free to keep it.

I just think there's such a thing as taking it too far. like be realistic. as I said previously, I'd rather donate the money to a charity or give it to someone who's obviously in need (a homeless person or something). I'd feel it would do more good that way than some pimply youth at centre management getting their grubby mitts on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would! If I just noticed I'd lost it & was still in the centre I'd head back in the vain hope it was still there!
    Also maybe someone who needs that money more than I do would pick it up?
    Hopeless romantic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    would anyone seriously do that though? people would assume it's fallen out of their wallet and they've lost it. ok maybe there's the 1% of the population who would check with centre management.

however, you're also relying on the honesty of centre management staff. what's stopping them pocketing the $20? again, it's not a traceable item so there's no proof it was ever handed in therefore they're free to keep it.

I just think there's such a thing as taking it too far. like be realistic. as I said previously, I'd rather donate the money to a charity or give it to someone who's obviously in need (a homeless person or something). I'd feel it would do more good that way than some pimply youth at centre management getting their grubby mitts on it.
    Really? I don't understand this. It's not my money. I have no entitlement to it. I get it is untraceable. I get that there is a chance that whoever I hand it to may do the wrong thing BUT I have done the right thing and given others the chance to do the right thing too.

I'm actually surprised by the number of people who have indicated they would not even try to find the rightful owner.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also said I would not keep it for myself. I'd donate/give it to someone in need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I also said I would not keep it for myself. I'd donate/give it to someone in need.
    Understood. We will have to agree to disagree 😄

15. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (09-02-2016)